Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14 die in Bari Imam shrine suicide blast

14 die in Bari Imam shrine suicide blast
    ISLAMABAD: Fourteen people have been killed and several people injured in a blast occurred within the compound of Bari Imam shrine here.

Number of people were gathered as religious congregation underwent when the incident happened. Injured were shifted to local hospitals.

According to Geo correspondent, nine dead bodies were reached to Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences.

Federal Information Minister Shaikh Rashid Ahmed strongly condemned this terror act and confirmed the killing of 12 to 14 people.

Rashid said that there was a dispute between the two groups regarding shrine.

Rescue operations underway at the blast site. Ambulances and fire fighters reached the scene. Rescue agencies tried to bring the situation under control.

Grim reactions showed by the people present at the scene. Stone throwing incident on police occurred. Police did baton charge to disperse the crowd.

According to some reports, the blast was a suicide attack, killed at least eighteen people and injured 50.

State of emergency has been imposed in the local hospitals. Police and security sources cordoned off the site of the incident.

http://jang.com.pk/thenews/may2005-d...pdate.shtml#16

Re: 14 die in Bari Imam shrine suicide blast

The annual Urs was being celebrated these days in bari imam so alot of people were coming to the darbar or hazrat bari imam.

Iwas also there about a week ago and apparently there were no security arrangements.

Comment

Sad. Apparantly it is too dificult of make security arrangements in so crowded places.

Also these mad dogs seems have acquired fondness of crowded places to commit suicide.
      Bazinggaaaa ....

Comment

:-/

inna lilahe wa inna ilaihe raajioon
        O He whose Name is a Remedy, whose remembrance is a Cure, and whose obedience is Wealth!

Have mercy upon him whose capital is hope and whose weapon is tears!

Comment

may the doers rott in hell
          Mill ke sab matam-e-shabbir karo..

Comment

number of killed is now 20....

this is bad, extremely bad, when is this going to stop?

Comment

Was the Quran hurt

Comment

No, Quran was not desecrated, only Shias were butchered. Thank god that Quran was safe and not hurt.

Comment

I thought only Sufis had shrines in Pakistan. So this is not a Sufi shrine? And who is Bari Imam?

Comment

Originally posted by Madhanee
                    No, Quran was not desecrated, only Shias were butchered. Thank god that Quran was safe and not hurt.
                    I think sunnis were butchered as well

Comment

Yeah, but the Quran was safe, wasn't it? and thank God for that. Must be HIndus or Sikhs behind this.

Comment

Of course! It must be Hindus or Sikhs. Because Sunnis would never kill their fellow brothers! Now I remember why I left Sunni Islam for good.

Comment

the Quran is not the issue here. stop diverting guys.
                          O He whose Name is a Remedy, whose remembrance is a Cure, and whose obedience is Wealth!

Have mercy upon him whose capital is hope and whose weapon is tears!

Comment

Originally posted by SK
                            Of course! It must be Hindus or Sikhs. Because Sunnis would never kill their fellow brothers! Now I remember why I left Sunni Islam for good.
                            WOW, what a revelation. Mr. SK left sunni Islam because he believes that sunnis kill people. If this is not an example of utter exaggeration I dont know what is. Anyway, good for you SK. May Allah guide us all. Ameen
                            Weather forecast for tonight: dark.

Comment

There are other reasons as well. So I am presuming you believe that Hindu or Sikhs to be behind this attack?

Comment

Working...
                              X