The Truth About the Land of Fadak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mods. I am posting this for information only and not to start any mud-slinging match with anyone. I am sure that this topic has been discussed before on this very board and will be discussed again in the future.

'With the Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, Most Merciful'

Contents

Introduction
    What is Fadak?
    What is the Disagreement About Fadak?
    Did Faatimah (alayhas salaam) Die Angry with Abu Bakr?
    Was Fadak a Gift to Faatimah (Alayhas salaam)?
    Some Doubts of the Shi'aa Removed
    Shi'aa believe that Women do not Inherit Land

Introduction

All praise is due only to the Creator of the Heavens and the earth. We thank Him, glorified and exalted be He, for bestowing for us clarity within Islaam. We seek His help, His mercy, His forgiveness and Pardon. We ask Him to bless the family of His Messenger, Muhammad and His Righteous Companions, and those who follow them until the established Hour.

Indeed the issue of Fadak is one which the ****(e) continuously bring up with the Muslims. They quote fabrications, curse Abu Bakr because of it, and claim that Faatimah (alayhas salaam) was wronged. In fact they even claim that till this day the issue has never been solved between Ahlul Bayt and Abu Bakr, 'Umar, or 'Uthmaan.

As you will soon find out, their argument is based upon desires and lowly whims. They can only quote for the Muslims lies and fabrications upon the Sahaba (radhiya Allahu 'Anhum) and Ahlul Bayt (alayhim Salaam). In their claim that they love Ahlul-Bayt (alayhim Salaam), which is far from the truth or else they wouldn't lie upon them, they blind themselves from reality and truth. So now let us begin this research in order to arrive upon the Truth. Keep in the back of your mind, Oh Noble Muslim, the Words of Allah ta'alaa, "Have you seen him who has taken as his ilâh (god) his own Hawaa (desires, and whims)? Would you then be a Wakeel (a disposer of his affairs or a watcher) over him?" (Al-Furqan 25:43)

Remember that there is no wakeel for those who take their desires over the book of Allah and His Prophet's Sunnah!

What is Fadak?

Fadak is a hamlet in Hijaz that used to be inhabited by a group of Jews. After Rasulullah had accomplished the conquest of Khaybar, Allah cast fear into the hearts of those Jewish inhabitants. They therefore concluded a treaty with Rasulullah in terms of which Fadak was ceded to him. Thus, not having been conquered by force of arms, it became the personal property of Rasulullah .
    This land supported Ahlul Bayt for many years after the death of Rasulullah , as we shall soon prove. This is to the dismay of the Shi'aa, as they claim that none of the land was ever used for the well-being of Ahlul-Bayt.

What is the Disagreement about this land?

There are two camps on the issue of Fadak. The first stating that there is no inheritance of wealth left for the heirs of the Nabi . The second camp demanding inheritance from the Nabi .

The First Camp

The first camp is that of Abu Bakr As-Siddeeq (radhiya Allahu 'An). This camp states that no land was to be inherited from the Nabi . Their proof is the following hadith found in Saheeh Al Bukhaari, Saheeh Muslim, and the many other books ahadeeth,

Narrated 'Aishah: Faatimah and Al 'Abbas ('Alayhimaas Salaam) came to Abu Bakr (radhiya Allahu 'Anhu), claiming their inheritance of the Prophet's land of Fadak and his share from Khaibar.

Abu Bakr said, "I heard the Prophet saying, 'Our property is not inherited, and whatever we leave is to be given in charity. But the family of Muhammad can take their sustenance from this property.' Wallahi! (By Allah), I would love to do good to the Kith and kin of Rasoolullah rather than to my own Kith and kin." [Volume 5, Book 59, Number 368: Kitaab Al Maghaazi]

Both 'Aliy and Al 'Abbas attested to this hadith as you will see below in the hadith of Maalik ibn Aws where he reports the seeking of judgment from 'Umar by Al 'Abbas and Aliy (radhiya Allahu 'Anhum).

Another proof for this camp is the hadeeth of 'Urwah from A'ishah that she said,
    "When Rasoolullah died, his wives intended to send 'Uthmaan to Abu Bakr (radhiya Allahu Anhoomaa) asking him for their share of the inheritance." Then 'Aisha said to them, "Didn't Allah's Apostle say, 'Our (Prophets') property is not to be inherited, and whatever we leave is to be spent in charity?'" [Volume 8, Book 80, Number 722; Kitaab Al Faraa'idh]

The Next proof comes from the following hadith, due to the incredible benefit of this hadith we will state some points of benefit in brackets;

Narrated Malik bin Aus: 'I went and entered upon 'Umar, his doorman, Yarfa came saying 'Uthman, 'Abdur-Rahman, Az-Zubair and Sa'd are asking your permission (to see you). May I admit them? 'Umar said, 'Yes.' So he admitted them Then he came again and said, 'May I admit 'Ali and 'Abbas?' He said, 'Yes.' 'Abbas said, 'Ya, Ameer-ul-Mu'mineen! Judge between me and this man (Ali ).

[Benefit of this part of the hadith: Notice how Al 'Abbas referred to 'Umar ibn Al Khattab (radhiyallahu Anhumaa) as "Ameer-ul-mu'mineen (leader of the believers)!" This proves that 'Umar was a valid khalifah, unlike the shi'aa try and claim. It furthermore points out that 'Aliy himself (radhiya Allahu 'Anhu) recognized the leadership of 'Umar! Furthermore, they were coming to him seeking judgment as you will soon see.]

'Umar said, 'I beseech you by Allah by Whose permission both the heaven and the earth exist, do you know that Rasoolullah said, 'Our (the Prophets') property will not be inherited, and whatever we leave (after our death) is to be spent in charity?' And by that Allah's Apostle meant himself.' The group said, '(No doubt), he said so.' 'Umar then faced 'Ali and 'Abbas and said, 'Do you both know that Rasoolullah said that?' They replied, '(No doubt), he said so.'

[Benefit: 'Umar is narrating that the Nabi forbade anyone to inherit wealth from him. He asked BOTH 'Aliy and 'Abbas (radhiya Allahu 'Anhumaa) if it were true that the Nabi said that. They agreed that He had said it! So we now have both Aliy and 'Abbas, from Ahlul Bayt, agreeing with Abu Bakr As Siddeeq and 'Umar on this issue that nothing is to be inherited from the Nabi . ] 'Umar said, 'So let me talk to you about this matter. Allah favored His Messenger with something of this Fai ' (i.e. booty won by the Muslims at war without fighting) which He did not give to anybody else;

Allah said: "And what Allâh gave as booty (Fai') to His Messenger (Muhammad) from them, for which you made no expedition with either cavalry or camelry. But Allâh gives power to His Messengers over whomsoever He wills. And Allâh is Able to do all things." (Al-Hashr 59:6)

And so that property was only for Rasoolullah . Yet, Wallahi! (by Allah), he neither gathered that property for himself nor withheld it from you, but he gave its income to you, and distributed it among you till there remained the present property out of which the Prophet used to spend the yearly maintenance for his family, and whatever used to remain, he used to spend it where Allah's property is spent (i.e. in charity etc.). Rasoolullah followed that throughout his life.

Now I beseech you by Allah, do you know all that?' They said, 'Yes.' 'Umar then said to 'Ali and 'Abbas, 'I beseech you by Allah, do you know that?' Both of them said, 'Yes.' 'Umar added, 'And when the Prophet died, Abu Bakr said, ' I am the successor of Allah's Apostle, and took charge of that property and managed it in the same way as Rasoolullah did.

Then Allah took Abu Bakr unto Him and I became Abu Bakr's successor, and I kept that property in my possession for the first two years of my Caliphate, managing it in the same way as Rasoolullah used to do and as Abu Bakr used to do, and Allah knows that I have been true, pious, rightly guided, and a follower of what is right.

Now you both (i.e. 'Aliy and 'Abbas) came to talk to me, bearing the same claim and presenting the same case; you, 'Abbas, came to me asking for your share from your nephew's property, and this man, i.e. 'Ali, came to me asking for his wife's share from her father's property. I told you both that Rasoolullah said,
    'Our (prophets') properties are not to be inherited, but what we leave is Sadaqa (to be used for charity).'

When I thought it right that I should hand over this property to you, I said to you, 'I am ready to hand over this property to you if you wish, on the condition that you would take Allah's Pledge and Convention that you would manage it in the same way as Rasoolullah used to, and as Abu Bakr used to do, and as I have done since I was in charge of it.'

So, both of you said (to me), 'Hand it over to us,' and on that condition I handed it over to you. So, I ask you by Allah, did I hand it over to them on this condition?" The group said, "Yes." Then 'Umar faced 'Ali and 'Abbas saying, "I ask you by Allah, did I hand it over to you on this condition?" They said, "Yes." He said, " Do you want now to give a different decision? By Allah, by Whose Leave both the Heaven and the Earth exist, I will never give any decision other than that (I have already given). And if you are unable to manage it, then return it to me, and I will do the job on your behalf." " [Volume 8, Book 80, Number 720; Kitaab Al Faraa'idh]

Points of Benefit:

1) Abu Bakr and 'Umar (radhiya Allahu 'Anhumaa) both dealt with this land as the nabi did.
    2) Both 'Aliy and 'Abbas agreed and recognized that both Umar and Abu Bakr had done so.
    3) Unlike the Shi'aa claim, this issue was solved in this sitting between 'Umar, Aliy and Al 'Abbas (radhiya Allahu Anhum). There is no need even to discuss the issue if it had been solved over 1,400 years ago. This goes to show that the Shi'aa are not following Ahlul Bayt as they claim. If they were they would follow in the footsteps of Aliy and Al 'Abbas and be pleased with the verdict of Abu Bakr and 'Umar.

Thus we see that this first camp had statements from the Nabi stating that there was to be no inheritance left by Him. Rather the land should be used for the support of Ahlul Bayt (which included His wives).

continued:

Re: The Truth About the Land of Fadak

The Second Camp

The second camp stated that they wanted the land of fadak etc. as inheritance. So when they asked, Abu Bakr (radhiya Allahu 'Anhu) refused and brought his proof for his refusal.

I would like to make a point here. Not only did Abu Bakr refuse Faatimah (alayhas salaam), but he refused his own daughter A'ishah (radhiya Allahu Anhaa), who also wanted her share. For indeed, in general cases, the wives of the deceased husband receive a share of inheritance.

Allah says about wives taking inheritance, "In that which your wives leave, your share is a half if they have no child; but if they leave a child, you get a fourth of that which they leave after payment of legacies that they may have bequeathed or debts. In that which you leave, their (your wives) share is a fourth if you leave no child; but if you leave a child, they get an eighth of that which you leave after payment of legacies that you may have bequeathed or debts..." [4:12]

So we see that Abu Bakr was not being selfish, nor was his intent evil, as the shi'aa state. If his intent was evil he would have given his own blood, A'ishah, the wife of the Prophet and Mother of the believers’ inheritance. However, he was a man justice and fairness and did not allow anyone to inherit from the Nabi , as He commanded.

I would also like to mention at this stage that the shi'aa have a narration which they deem authentic stating that the Prophets are not inherited from.

In Al Kaafi it states: Abu ‘Abdillah (Imam Ja‘far as-Sadiq) says that Rasulullah said: “... And the ‘Ulama (scholars) are the heirs of the Anbiyaa (prophets); and the Anbiyaa did not leave dinars and dirhams as inheritance; but they left knowledge. Therefore whosoever takes knowledge has taken a great portion.” (al-Kafi, vol. 1 p. 42 - note that the reference may differ on each publication)

‘The shi'aa Scholar Muhammad Baqir Majlisi states in his commentary on al-Kafi, entitled Mir’at al-‘Uqul:

"This hadith has two chains of narration. The first is majhul [contains an unknown narrator], and the second is hasan or muwaththaq. (Together) they do not fall short of being sahih (authentic). [Mir’at al-‘Uqul, vol. 1 p. 111]

Also "Ayaatullah" Khomeini accepts this hadeeth as authentic when he said about it, "The narrators of this tradition are all reliable and trustworthy. The father of ‘Ali ibn Ibrahim [namely Ibrahim ibn Hashim] is not only reliable; he is one of the most reliable and trustworthy narrators." (al-Hukumat al-Islamiyyah, p. 133, published by Markaz Baqiyyat Allah al-A‘zam, Beirut)

Back to the second camp,. Faatimah ('alayhas salaam) came to Abu Bakr (radhiya Allahu 'Anhu) and asked for the inheritance. He denied her based upon the hadith. She became angry with him (radhiya Allahu 'Anhu) and ended up dieing angry with him.

Let us look at the complete narration and analyze the situation further.
    Narrated 'Aisha: Fatimah (alayhas salaam) sent somebody to Abu Bakr asking him to give her her inheritance from the Prophet from what Allah had given to His Messenger through Fa'i (i.e. booty gained without fighting). She asked for the Sadaqa (i.e. wealth assigned for charitable purposes) of the Prophet at Medina, and Fadak, and what remained of the Khumus (i.e., one-fifth) of the Khaibar booty.

Abu Bakr said, "Rasoolullah said, 'We (Prophets), our property is not inherited, and whatever we leave is Sadaqa, but Muhammad's Family can eat from this property, (i.e. Allah's property, but they have no right to take more than the food they need.)'

By Allah! I will not bring any change in dealing with the Sadaqa of the Prophet (and will keep them) as they used to be observed in his (i.e. the Prophet's) life-time, and I will dispose with it as Rasoolullah used to do,"

Then 'Ali said, "I testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah, and that Muhammad is His Messenger," and added, "O Abu Bakr! We acknowledge your Fadheela (virtue, or superiority)!"

Then he (i.e. 'Ali) mentioned their own relationship to Rasoolullah and their right. Abu Bakr then spoke saying, "By Allah in Whose Hands my life is. I love to do good to the relatives of Rasoolullah rather than to my own relatives" Abu Bakr added: Look at Muhammad through his family (i.e. if you are no good to his family you are not good to him). [Saheeh Al Bukhaari Volume 5, Book 57, Number 60: the book of the companions of the Prophet]

1) Aliyy (radhiya Allahu 'Anhu) recognized the virtue of Abu Bakr As Siddeeq and praised him for that.

I have personally heard a shi'ee tell me that this statement from 'Aliy (radhiya Allahu 'Anhu) was sarcasm towards Abu Bakr.

This claim is easily refuted. There was another occasion which 'Aliy (radhiya Allahu 'Anhu) stated nearly the same thing. It was when Aliy have Bay'ah (the oath of allegiance) to Abu Bakr (radhiya Allahu 'Anhu).

After A'ishah narrates what has been narrated above she adds, "So Abu Bakr refused to give anything of that to Fatima. So she became angry with Abu Bakr and kept away from him, and did not talk to him till she died. She remained alive for six months after the death of the Prophet .

When she died, her husband 'Ali, buried her at night without informing Abu Bakr and he said the Janazah by himself. When Fatima was alive, the people used to respect 'Ali much, but after her death, 'Ali noticed a change in the people's attitude towards him.

So Ali sought reconciliation with Abu Bakr and gave him Bay'ah (the oath of allegiance). 'Ali had not given the oath of allegiance during those months (i.e. the period between the Prophet's death and Fatima's death). 'Ali sent someone to Abu Bakr saying, "Come to us, but let nobody come with you," as he disliked that 'Umar should come.

'Umar said (to Abu Bakr), "No, by Allah, you shall not enter upon them alone."
    Abu Bakr said, "What do you think they will do to me? By Allah, I will go to them."
    So Abu Bakr entered upon them, and then 'Ali uttered Tashah-hud and said (to Abu Bakr), "We know well your superiority and what Allah has given you, and we are not jealous of the good what Allah has bestowed upon you, but you did not consult us in the question of the rule and we thought that we have got a right in it because of our near relationship to Allah's Apostle."

Thereupon Abu Bakr's eyes flowed with tears. And when Abu Bakr spoke, he said, "By Him in Whose Hand my soul is to keep good relations with the relatives of Allah's Apostle is dearer to me than to keep good relations with my own relatives. But as for the trouble which arose between me and you about his property, I will do my best to spend it according to what is good, and will not leave any rule or regulation which I saw Allah's Apostle following, in disposing of it, but I will follow."

On that 'Ali said to Abu Bakr, "I promise to give you the oath of allegiance in this afternoon." So when Abu Bakr had offered the Zuhr prayer, he ascended the pulpit and uttered the Tashah-hud and then mentioned the story of 'Ali and his failure to give the oath of allegiance, and excused him, accepting what excuses he had offered.

Then 'Ali (got up) and praying (to Allah) for forgiveness, he uttered Tashah-hud, praised Abu Bakr's right, and said, that he had not done what he had done because of jealousy of Abu Bakr or as a protest of that Allah had favored him with. 'Ali added, "But we used to consider that we too had some right in this affair (of rulership) and that he (i.e. Abu Bakr) did not consult us in this matter, and therefore caused us to feel sorry." On that all the Muslims became happy and said, "You have done the right thing."

The Muslims then became friendly with 'Ali as he returned to what the people had done (i.e. giving the oath of allegiance to Abu Bakr). [Saheeh Al Bukhaari the book of military expeditions]

So we see that any grudges, hard feelings etc. were worked out and in seeking the pleasure of the people he invited Abu Bakr and they talked about the issues. So Aliyy mentioned, without there being any hint of sarcasm as they were discussing the issue for reconciliation, the virtue of Abu Bakr. How then could there be sarcasm when the event did not call for it? So Aliyy was NOT being sarcastic.

Further proof that he was not being sarcastic in praising Abu Bakr was that He did praise Abu Bakr in front of his own Son, Muhammad ibn Al Hanafiyya.
    Narrated Muhammad bin Al-Hanafiya:

I asked my father ('Ali bin Abi Talib), "Who are the best people after Allah's Apostle ?" He said, "Abu Bakr." I asked, "Who then?" He said, "Then 'Umar. " I was afraid he would say "Uthman, so I said, "Then you?" He said, "I am only an ordinary person. [Saheeh Al Bukhaari Volume 5, Book 57, Number 20; virtues of the companions]

Thus Aliy was being sincere in His praise of Abu Bakr, whether the Shi'aa like it or not. All the authentic proof is against them and their evil claim.

Comment

Oh Shias are evil now? LOL dude. Man you Muslims never cease to amaze me. Always fighting with one another. Oh and al-Sistani is a Shia. I think he knows more than you. Oh and bin Laden is a Sunni. I think that speaks for itself. So take this post which probably is some bull*** and shove it where the sun don't shine.

Comment

So the question arises, "Why did she die angry with Abu Bakr?!?"

There are two approaches to this issue. The first that Faatimah ('alayhas salaam) became angry with Abu Bakr (radhiya Allahu 'Anhu) but near the end of her life Abu Bakr and Her Noble beloved self (alayhas salaam) reconciled. The second approach was that she stayed angry with the Abu Bakr until her death. Both approaches will be discussed in the following.

The First Approach

It is clear that Faatimah ('alayhas salaam) did become angry with Abu Bakr As Siddeeq for not giving what she demanded. We have established that the Nabi refused inheritance after him except by Knowledge. So the demand of our beloved Faatimah and the wives of the Nabi and others from Ahlul Bayt was rejected by Abu Bakr, 'Umar, 'Uthmaan, and Aliyy because the Nabi had forbidden such inheritance.

So, it is possible that the people demanded this inheritance out of ignorance and this seems to be the apparent reality of the matter. They simply did not know that the Nabi forbade the inheritance. When the daleel (proofs and evidences) were brought some may have felt hurt or angry. In reality however, the proof stands and the Sunnah must be followed. That is why the Noble and blessed Faatimah bint Muhammad did not further demand after Abu Bakr had refused. She knew the proof and so she obeyed.

The claim that she remained angry, seems to be incorrect. A'ishah reports that she remained angry. However, 'A'ishah (radhiya Allahu 'Anhaa) was not around Faatimah (alayhas salaam) at all times. Neither was she around Abu Bakr and other Sahaba at all times. So we can see that it is possible she is mistaken. How can we say this? Because there is proof from the Authentic Sunnah that Faatimah (alayhas salaam) became pleased with Abu Bakr As-Siddeeq before her death.

al-Hafidh Ibn Katheer mentions in his al bidayaah 6/333 that: When Fatima (alayhas salaam) was experiencing her sickness [before death], Abu Bakr as Sideeq came to her and sought to please her, and she became pleased. "
        The exact narration has originally been reported by Imaam al-Baihaqi through Ismaeel ibn Abee Khaalid who narrated from Ash-Sh'ubi, and the isnaad (chain) of this report is sahih (authentic).

So it was reported by others that She was pleased with Abu Bakr in the end of her life. This conclusion and narration is rejected by the Shi'aa. Why? It is NOT due to the chain or any weakness in it. Rather it is because it decimates and debunks their entire methodology in dealing with the Issue of Fadak. So, the sane minded intellectual will follow the authentic proofs and not fabrications or 'opinion'.

The Second Approach

Faatimah (alayhas salaam) didn't get what she wanted and because of that she was upset. May Allah shed His immense mercy upon her and make her of rafeeq Al 'Alaa aameen.

There was no proof that she should have had the land of fadak. She produced no proof to Abu Bakr As Siddeeq. Aliy and Al 'Abbas agreed with the decision of Abu Bakr. Abu Bakr judged this situation by the Book of Allah and the Sunnah of His Messenger. It is possible that Faatimah (alayhas salaam) did not know that the Nabi forbade monetary inheritance and that when she heard it from Abu Bakr, it upset her for not getting what she had hoped for. So if it is true that she died angry with Abu Bakr (radhiya Allahu 'Anhu), then indeed that is between her and Allah. For her anger against him was not based upon proof. However as we have seen from the report found by the Imaam Al Bayhaqi which is authentic, Faatimah (alayhas salaam wa Radhiya Allahu 'Anhaa) died pleased with Abu Bakr.

Was Fadak A Gift to Faatimah ('alayhas Salaam)?

Some shi'aa claim that she was not seeking inheritance. Rather she was seeking it as a gift given to her by the Nabi.

There are several problems with this claim.

1) There is no authentic report from the Prophet Muhammad to state that it was a gift. Rather just statements from scholars. We do not follow statements of scholars without proof!

2) In all of the narrations about this issue, it clearly states that she was seeking 'inheritance', not a gift.

3) By giving Faatimah (alayhas salaam) fadak, it would be unfair. For indeed his other daughters were alive during that time and he did not impart upon them any 'gifts'.

And the Nabi refused to give witness to Bishr Ibn Sa'ad (radhiya Allahu 'Anhu) when he tried to give a garden to one son but not the other.
        He said, “Go away, for I will not be a witness to injustice.” [Saheeh Muslim]
        Thus it is unimaginable that He would give it to Faatimah (alayhas salaam) and not Zaynab (died 8th A.H.) or Umm Kulthum (died 9 A.H.).

Some doubts of the Shi'aa Removed

Due to the fact that the Shi'aa can not disprove the authenticity of anything that we have stated here, they attempt to use their 'minds' over the texts. They question as to why the Nabi did not leave anything as inheritance, when Allah commanded the rules of inheritance upon mankind and also because of the Aayah in the Qur'aan which states about the Prophet Zakariya (alayhis salaam)
        "And Verily! I fear my relatives after me, since my wife is barren. So give me from Yourself an heir, Who shall inherit me, and inherit (also) the posterity of Ya'qûb (Jacob) (inheritance of the religious knowledge and Prophethood, not the wealth, etc.). And make him, my Lord, one with whom You are Well-pleased!". (Maryam 19:5-6)

So their argument is, Zakariya was asking for an heir, i.e. someone to "inherit" from him. So why would the Muhammad not seek an heir?

The first argument we pose is towards the claim of Zakariya which they produce.

1) The word irth (inheritance) does not refer to material possessions exclusively. It is also used to denote Al-'Ilm knowledge, Nubuwwa prophethood or sovereignty. Examples of such usage are found in Surah Fatir:32, where Allah says: “Thereafter We gave the Book as inheritance (awrathna) to such of Our servants as We have chosen”; and in Surah al-Mu’minun:10-11, where Allah says: “Those are the Inheritors (al-warithun) who will inherit Paradise.” Thus we see that inheritance does not necessarily mean that which is monetary, rather it refers to knowledge, and prophethood.

2) If you refer to aforementioned hadith which was said, Abu ‘Abdillah (Imam Ja‘far as-Sadiq) says that Rasulullah said: “... And the ‘Ulama (scholars) are the heirs of the Anbiyaa (prophets); and the Anbiyaa did not leave dinars and dirhams as inheritance; but they left knowledge. Therefore whosoever takes knowledge has taken a great portion.” (al-Kafi, vol. 1 p. 42 - note that the reference may differ on each publication)

So we see that these narrations show mankind that inheritance was not monetary from the Prophets (alayhim Salaam), rather inheritance was of a greater nature.

The same response is given for Dawood and Sulaymaan (alayhimaas salaam).

The Shi'aa Believe that Women Do Not Inherit Estates or Land etc.
        According to The Shi'i Fiqh, a woman is not allowed to have shares of inheritance in terms of land or real estate in the first place. For this reason al-Kulyani, author of al-Kafi, prepared a whole chapter in his work, titled : "The women are not to inherit land and real estate." Under this chapter he reported a narration from Imam Abu Jaffar Muhammad al Baqir that : "The women are not supposed to inherit anything in terms of land and real estate."

Also at-Tusi reports in his at-Tahdeeb and al Majlisi in his Bihar ul Anwar from Mayser that he asked Abu Abdullah Imam Jaffar as Sadiq that what are the women supposed to inherit, to which he replied: "The women can have their share in wood, qasab, qematu toub, however in terms of land and real estate they are not supposed to have anything."

Also Muhammad ibn Muslim al Jufi and Abdul Malik ibn Ayan [ two top Shii narrators who were from the companions of the two Imams Abu Jaffar al Baqir, and Abu Abdullah jaffar as sadiq] report the same from Imam Abu Jaffar.
        It is amazing that the Shi'ah ignore this fact and insist that Faatimah (alayhas salaam) was supposed to have a share of the land of fadak whereas in reality, their fiqh opposes women to inherit, in terms of land, in the first place.

And Allah ta'alaa knows Best and peace, mercy, and blessings be upon our beloved Nabi Muhammad, his family, and his companions.

[Written and Edited by the RevivingIslam.com Research Team]

http://www.revivingislam.com/bidah/g...aboutfadak.htm

Comment

why is the term 'shia' censored?
          O He whose Name is a Remedy, whose remembrance is a Cure, and whose obedience is Wealth!

Have mercy upon him whose capital is hope and whose weapon is tears!

Comment

[size=2][/size]
            [size=2]Hmm most of your story is made up of unreferenced stuff.... [/size]
            [size=2][/size]
            [size=2]Too make the long story short the following hadith you quoted about Prophet Mohammad P.B.U.H... Narrated by no other than Abu Bakr himseld contradict the teachings of Qurans....[/size]
            [size=2][/size]
            [size=2]Abu Bakr said, "I heard the Prophet saying, 'Our property is not inherited, and whatever we leave is to be given in charity. But the family of Muhammad can take their sustenance from this property.' Wallahi! (By Allah), I would love to do good to the Kith and kin of Rasoolullah rather than to my own Kith and kin." [Volume 5, Book 59, Number 368: Kitaab Al Maghaazi]
            [/size]
            [size=2]Dude the hadith you quoted contradicts following ayats of Quran...[/size]
            [size=2][/size]
            [size=2]Now let me quote you the ayat of Quran[/size]

"And Solomon (Sulaymaan) inherited from David." (Quran 27:16)

"(Zakariya prayed to Allah by saying) ... Grant me a son from
            yourself, who inherits from me and inherit from the children of Jacob,
            and make him, O' my Lord, the one with whom you are well- pleased."
            (Quran: 19:5-6).

Certainly the ayats of Quran contradicts the hadith you based the whole arugment on... and thats why I doubt its authenticity... Secondly let me ask you a question...
            How does issue of inheritance come in on something that was gifted to Bibi Fatima Zehra S.A. during the life of Prophet P.B.U.H. after the following verse was revealed...

When the Angel
            Gabriel revealed to the Prophet the Divine Command as in the Verse 26 of
            Chapter XVII (17)

"And give unto one who is of Kin (to thee) that which is due" [17:26]

and the Prophet asked as to who was meant as "being of Kin". the Angel
            named Janabe Fatimah (AS) and told the Prophet to give Fadak to her (AS) as
            the Income from Fadak belonged wholly to him on account of its being ceded
            to him without the use of force. the Prophet (PBUH) accordingly bestowed
            upon Janabe Fatimah (AS) his estate of Fadak for the substinence of herself
            and her children.
            If you want you can verify the following references... on interpretation of this ayat
            Sunni references:
            - Tafsir Durr al-Mansur, v4, p177
            - Kanz al-Ummal, v2, p158
            - Sawaiq al Muhriqah Chapter 15 p 21-22
            - Rozatul Safaa vol 2 p 135
            - Sharah e Muwaqif p 735
            - Tareekh Ahmadi p45
            - Ruh al ma'ani, vol 15 p 62

My third question is If Prophet wasn't supposed to leave inheritance..why did Abu Bakr chose to snatch a gift given by Prophet ... Prophet Also gifted Bibi a kaneez why didn't he go for her too..why did he put his mouth where the money is.. money ..most of which was already being given to charity and also why Just Bibi Fatima... Prophet left his wives houses and other stuff too.. Why didn't Abu Bakr eyes went for that too???

My Fouth question is
            Prophet P.B.U.H. gave the following hadith on Bibi Fatima Zehra S.A... which is also narrated in Sahih Bukhari...
            "Fatimah is a part of me. Whoever makes her angry, makes me angry."
            Now knowing whatever Prophet P.B.U.H. would never say something without Allah SWT... and Allah SWT knows the best and would never make her Prophet give such a big hadith knowing that she could get angry for song reasons.... now lets say what is said in no other than your own book.
            Contrary to your claim that Abu Bakr was not accused of doing something
            wrong, and I can base this on the attitude of Hadhrat Fatimah (AS) here I
            present a hadith from al-Bukhari:

Sahih al-Bukhari Hadith: 4.325 (page 208)
            Narrated Aisha, the mother of believers:

After the death of Allah's Apostle Fatimah (AS), the daughter of
            Allah's Apostle asked Abu Bakr As Siddiq to give her, her share of
            inheritance from what Allah's Apostle (PBUH) had left of the Fai which
            Allah had given him. Abu Bakr said to her: "Allah's Apostle said: `Our
            Property will not be inherited, what ever we (Prophets) leave is
            Sadiqa (to be used for Charity)."

Fatimah (AS) the daughter of the Prophet (PBUH) got angry and stopped
            speaking to Abu Bakr, and continued assuming that attitude till she
            died. Fatimah (AS) remained alive for six months after the death of
            the Prophet (PBUH). She used to ask Abu Bakr for her share from the
            Property of Allah's Apostle which he (PBUH) left at Khaibar and his
            Property at Medina ...
            Hmm Ceritainly Bibi Fatima was angry at Abu Bakr... and the fact this act of Abu Bakr made Prophet P.B.U.H. angry shows who was rightious...secondly the following verse is revealed in Quran which talks about Purity of this pious lady...

[size=2]And stay quietly in your houses, and make not a dazzling display, like that of the former Times of Ignorance; and establish regular Prayer, and give regular Charity; and obey Allah and His Messenger. And Allah only wishes to remove all abomination from you, ye members of the Family, and to make you pure and spotless.[/size]
            [size=2][/size]
            [size=2]Certainly being the daughter of Prophet P.B.U.H. she is from his family.. How can a pious lady whose purity is testified in Quran be nauzubillah wrong????[/size]
            [size=2][/size]
            [size=2]Also when it was asked in mubahila between muslims and non muslims.. Quran asks Prophet to bring their your men and have them bring their men.. bring your women and have them bring their women and bring your sons and have them bring their sons and than pray to curse on liars... on such a high incident.. Allah SWT made Prophet P.B.U.H. choose Bibi Fatima over all ladies including his wives... He chose Hazrat Ali A.S over all his companions and Imam Hassan and Imam Hussain as sons.. certainly the fact that Prophet chose such pious personality too curse on liars futhers shows how truthful they are... Even non muslims could recognize them and you failed to notice such high personality....[/size]
            [size=2]Care to shed light why was Bibi chosen ... does it tell you about her truthfullnes... The fact that quran testifies her purity and Allah made Prophet give such a hadith.. and all you have is a hadith that contradicts quran isn't it enough to judge who is right and who is wrong.....[/size]
            [size=2][/size]
            [size=2]The incident of fidak with references from sunni book and in the light of Quran can be found at following website...[/size]
            http://www.al-islam.org/encyclopedia/chapter4/6.html
            http://www.al-islam.org/encyclopedia/chapter4/7.html
            http://www.al-islam.org/encyclopedia/chapter4/8.html

I would like to reward your effors in this thread and in other threads to carry on with your agenda to slander the character and pesonality such pious lady and beloved daughter of Prophet P.B.U.H. whose purity is testified in Quan by making the following dua... and would request you and guppies to Ameen...

May Allah give you the ajjar you can get for enlightening muslims by attacking the personality of such a pious lady using contradicting hadith's and lame arguements..Ameen !

Comment

All your anger aside and all your rhetoric, all your Quranic proofs of inheritances by the Prophets is given in this...

In Al Kaafi it states: Abu ‘Abdillah (Imam Ja‘far as-Sadiq) says that Rasulullah said: “... And the ‘Ulama (scholars) are the heirs of the Anbiyaa (prophets); and the Anbiyaa did not leave dinars and dirhams as inheritance; but they left knowledge. Therefore whosoever takes knowledge has taken a great portion.” (al-Kafi, vol. 1 p. 42 - note that the reference may differ on each publication)

Didn't you read the whole post brother Ibn Sadique posted here?
              Focus not on who you are but what you do...
              ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

[size=2]No it doesnot answer all my questions.. here is a question for you...[/size]
                [size=2][/size]
                [size=2]Was fidak gifted to Bibi Fatima Zehra S.A during his life time???? and if so... where does the issue of inheritance come from.. and why didn't Abu Bakr also ask for the kaneez gifted.. and what about inheritance Prophet P.B.U.H left for his wives????[/size]

Comment

texan dude, in the case of the verse 27:16, u shud read 27:15 and know that Allah says that He gave Dawood (as) ILM, and in 27:16 Suleyman (as) inherited this ilm from his father....
                  this does nto contradict the hadith of ima jaafar sadiq as mentioned above again by lajawab....

zakariya (as) also did not ask for a heir who wud inherit the property of the forefathers....
                  he asked only for a son who may inherit the honor that Allah has bestowed upon the bani israel (i.e. the prophethood in the family of yaqoob)

how do these verses show inheritance of property????

and even if u believe that they meant inheritance of property, why only faitma????
                  why did the wives not deserve the inheritance????
                  what right did fatima have to ask for everything for herself????
                  u cud not be accusing her to be selfish and greedy, wud u????
                  Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Following debate gives insights on fadak..in a debate with sunni references not to mention it was givenby Prophet P.B.U.H. to Hazrat Fatima Zehra S.A and later confiscated by Abu Bakr

Usurping the Land of Fadak

Hadhrat Fatimah (AS) the only surviving child of the Prophet, his most
                    beloved, claimed inheritance of the properties in the lands of Medina,
                    Khaibar, and also Fadak, which were acquired by Prophet from the Jews
                    without the use of force. The Prophet (PBUH&HF) had already given her
                    those properties in order to maintain Ahlul-Bayt and their followers,
                    in accordance with the commands of Allah. However they were confiscated
                    after the death of prophet (PBUH&HF).

Brother Khalid wrote:

Khalid> Next the issue of RasulAllah's inheritance. Garden of Fadak, as it
                    Khalid> is known. First we have to ascertain, if RasulAllah ever had any
                    Khalid> property at the time of his death. We all know that after Nabuwat,
                    Khalid> Prophet (SAAW) had no means of income. All of his time was being
                    Khalid> devoted in the cause of Allah. In Mecca his own means for living
                    Khalid> was whatever Khadija had and after hijrat to Medina he was
                    Khalid> absolutely broke. Later on when the chains of war against infidels
                    Khalid> started, it was revealed by Allah to obtain 5th part of the
                    Khalid> plunder was meant for RasulAllah. Please refer sura "Anfal" ayat
                    Khalid> 41. Accordingly, RasulAllah's source of

To start with I would like to mention the verse from the Quran that brother
                    Khalid has mentioned, concerning the verse for Khums. Though it is out of
                    context but it won't hurt to mention that the word Khums (literally meaning
                    1/5 th) is NOT restricted to the plunder of the war against the infidels.
                    Here I would rely on the hadith, but before that the Verse is as follows

And know ye (O believers) that whatever of a thing ye acquire a fifth
                    of it is for God, and for the Apostle and for the (Apostle's) near
                    relatives and the orphans and the needy and the way farer ... [8:41]

Now the hadith that clearly mentions the fact that the Khums is not
                    restricted to the plunders of wars as many Sunni brothers and sisters
                    believe.

Sahih al-Bukhari Hadith: 4.327 (page 213)
                    Narrated Ibn Abbas:

The delegates of the tribe of Abdul Qais came and said: `O Allah's
                    Apostle ! We are from the tribe of Rabia and between us and you stand
                    stand the infidels of the tribe of Mudar, so we cannot come to you
                    except in the Haram Months. So please order us some instructions that
                    we may apply it to ourselves and also invite our people left behind us
                    to observe as well. ' The Prophet (PBUH) said: `I order you to do four
                    (4) things and forbid you to do four (4): I order you to believe in
                    Allah, that is, to testify that None has the right to be worshipped
                    but Allah (the Prophet (PBUH) pointed with his hand) ; to offer
                    prayers perfectly, to pay Zakat, to fast the month of Ramadhan, and to
                    pay the Khums.

Now a few points, before we proceed to the conclusion

- It seems that the tribe of Bani Abdul Qais was not a strong tribe. More
                    over when they had to travel to Medina, they had to cross a land that was
                    inhabited by a tribe (Muzar) that was against the Muslims.

- This left them no portions to travel only in the Haram months, the months
                    when the war fare was forbidden. This therefore leaves us no room to
                    interpret the application in the above hadith to the spoils of war
                    exclusively.

Khalid> income was from few oasis which were abandoned by Bani Alnaseer in
                    Khalid> Medina. RasulAllah used part of this income for the maintenance of
                    Khalid> his family and what ever was left, used to be spent in the name of
                    Khalid> Allah. Please note that this was not a property owned by
                    Khalid> RasulAllah, but was in his use as a leader of Islamic state.
                    Khalid> Obviously, he was NOT there to accumulate properties and estates
                    Khalid> for himself. This privilege could only be extended to him as long
                    Khalid> as he was alive And he had made it quite clear in his lifetime.
                    Khalid> al-Bukhari, Muslim, Motha and Masand-e-Ahmed have recorded,"my

Khalid> heirs will not distribute anything. Whatever I leave will be an

Khalid> allowance for

You have mentioned that the Prophet (PBUH) had narrated (as you claim in
                    the books of al-Bukhari, Muslim, Musnad Ahmed etc ...) his heirs will not
                    distribute anything. Before I impart you with the authenticated references
                    let me make it clear what the word 'heir' means, it means one who inherits
                    or who is legally entitled to inherit. [ Also in the later part of the
                    article you have mentioned that only three (3) persons were entitled to
                    claim the property of Fadak (Imam Ali, Fatimah and Ibn Abbas), so it would
                    be safe to assume following your claim that only the above three (3) would
                    be the Prophets (PBUH) heirs ].

Your claim that the 'heirs' will not distribute anything is contrary to
                    what I found in the Sunni books of traditions:

Imam Ali (AS) said that he heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying:
                    I have granted in Ali five things, none of which was granted to any
                    Prophet (PBUH) before me. One of these is that Ali will repay my debts
                    and will bury me.

Sunni reference:
                    - Musnad of Imam Ahmed, v5, p45
                    - Musnad of Imam Ahmed, v6, p155
                    - Kanz al-Ummal, v6, pp 153,155,404

I shall cite a Quranic Verse in the support of the statement that the heirs
                    of the Prophet (PBUH) repaid his debts. With reference to the Quranic Verse
                    (26: 124), Ibn Mardawayh has recorded a tradition as related by Ali, who
                    said that when the verse "Give warning to your closest relatives" was
                    revealed, the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said:

"Ali will repay my debts and fulfill my promises."

- Kanz al-Ummal, v6, p401

Again Imam Ahmed (in his Musnad) states a hadith from the Prophet (PBUH)
                    as follows:

"None will repay my debts and discharge my duties except me or Ali."

- Musnad of Imam Ahmed, v4, p174

Khalid> my wives and payment for my doers and whatever is left is Alms. Now

Khalid> let us observe how this inheritance issue arose and what actions
                    Khalid> wee taken by the caliphs.

Now with reference to the above hadiths who gave Abu Bakr the right to
                    distribute the Property of the Prophet (PBUH), when the Holy Apostle (PBUH)
                    had clearly mentioned that it was Imam Ali (AS) and Imam Ali (AS) alone who
                    was entitled to distribute his property and/or repay his debts. Let me
                    quote one more tradition that would state that Imam Ali (AS) paid of the
                    debts of the Prophet (PBUH) through his *own account*. The tradition is as
                    follows:

After the death of the Prophet (PBUH) Ali discharged certain duties.
                    Most of these were the promises and the contracts made by the Prophet
                    which Ali fulfilled. I think that he had mentioned 5000 (Five
                    thousand) dirhams, which were repaid by Ali.

- Kanz al-Ummal, v4, p60

Please bear in mind that the debt was paid from the personal property of
                    Imam Ali (AS) and not from the Baitul-Mal, this was also followed by Imam
                    Hasan, Imam Hussain.

In this connection, the following is reported in Tabaqat of Ibn Sa'd:

Abdul Wahid Abi Aun reports that after the demise of the Holy Prophet
                    (PBUH&HF), Ali ordered an announcer to make it known if there was some
                    one to whom the Prophet (PBUH&HF) owed some debt or promise, he should
                    have if from Ali. After Ali, hassan, hussain repeated the same thing.
                    It means that after the passing away of the Prophet (PBUH&HF) his
                    descendants continued announcing publicly for fifty (50) years their
                    responsibilities, which they fulfilled.

It is very interesting to note that the promises of the Holy Prophet (PBUH)
                    and his debts are paid off by the Ahlul-Bayt and the heir to the Prophet's
                    property becomes Abu Bakr, what a weird phenomena!

Khalid> according to Islamic law, there could only be three heirs. One
                    Khalid> Fatimah as his daughter, then Abbas as his uncle and third his
                    Khalid> wives. The first two parties presented their inheritance soon after
                    Khalid> Abu- Bakr came to power. In certain stories Fatimah even said this
                    Khalid> to Abu-Bakr,O if your bequest is to be distributed among your
                    Khalid> heirs, then how come I can not get my inheritance from what is left
                    Khalid> by my father? Upon this Abu-Bakr said,O RasulAllah said that I will
                    Khalid> not leave any inheritance. Whatever I will leave will go to the
                    Khalid> Alms. But, Abu-Bakr said, I will not leave any such thing which
                    Khalid> RasulAllah did, because I am afraid if I do so I will go astray.
                    Khalid> However I will continue maintaining those who were being maintained
                    Khalid> by him and continue spending on those on whom he used to spend. By
                    Khalid> Allah, it is more lovable for me to be kind to his relatives than
                    Khalid> it is for me to my relative. I have not read anywhere that upon
                    Khalid> listening to this Fatimah or Abbas accused Abu-Bakr for any wrong
                    Khalid> doing.

Contrary to your claim that Abu Bakr was not accused of doing something
                    wrong, and I can base this on the attitude of Hadhrat Fatimah (AS) here I
                    present a hadith from al-Bukhari:

Sahih al-Bukhari Hadith: 4.325 (page 208)
                    Narrated Aisha, the mother of believers:

After the death of Allah's Apostle Fatimah (AS), the daughter of
                    Allah's Apostle asked Abu Bakr As Siddiq to give her, her share of
                    inheritance from what Allah's Apostle (PBUH) had left of the Fai which
                    Allah had given him. Abu Bakr said to her: "Allah's Apostle said: `Our
                    Property will not be inherited, what ever we (Prophets) leave is
                    Sadiqa (to be used for Charity)."

Fatimah (AS) the daughter of the Prophet (PBUH) got angry and stopped
                    speaking to Abu Bakr, and continued assuming that attitude till she
                    died. Fatimah (AS) remained alive for six months after the death of
                    the Prophet (PBUH). She used to ask Abu Bakr for her share from the
                    Property of Allah's Apostle which he (PBUH) left at Khaibar and his
                    Property at Medina ...

I can base the following conclusions from the above hadith

- Janabe Fatimah al-Zahra (AS) were displeased with the refusal of her
                    share by Abu Bakr

- She continued to be displeased (Bukhari uses the word angry) till the day
                    she departed from this World, that had showed her so much pain and
                    trouble after the death of the Prophet (PBUH) that reminds me of the
                    famous saying from her holiness "If my father (PBUH) were alive today,
                    and he had seen me succumb to all the pain and miseries, the days would
                    have turned into nights."

- She asked for her share of inheritance repeatedly, as confirmed in the
                    above report.

- Brother Khaild also claims that Hadhrat Fatimah (AS) never accused Abu
                    Bakr of some thing wrong, before I make my point it would be helpful to
                    bring another hadith from al-Bukhar:

Sahih al-Bukhari Hadith: 5.546 (page 381):

... She (Fatimah (AS)) remained alive for six (6) months after the
                    death of the Prophet (PBUH). When she died, her husband Ali buried her
                    at night without informing Abu Bakr and he said the funeral prayer
                    himself ...

Also the reknowned Sunni Historian Tabari writes:

Abu Salih al Dirari- Abd al Razzaq b. Hammam- Mamar- al
                    Zuhri - Urwah- Aishah: Fatimah and al Abbas came to Abu
                    Bakr demanding their [share of] inheritance of the Messenger
                    of God. They were demanding the Messenger of Gods's lan in
                    Fadak and his share of Khaybar ['s tribute]. Abu Bakr replied,
                    "I have heard the Messenger of God say: 'Our [i.e the prophet's
                    property] cannot be inherited and whatever we leave behins is
                    alms [i.e to be given in charity]. The family of Muhammad will
                    eat from it. ' By God, I will not abandon a course which I saw
                    the Messenger of God practicing, but will continue doing it
                    accordingly." Fatimah shunned him and did not speak to him about
                    it untill she died. Ali buried her at night and did not permit

Abu Bakr to attend [her burial].

Sunni references:

- Tabari, vol IX p 196 [The Events of the Year 11, English version],
                    - Tabaqat of Ibne Sad, vol VIII p 29,
                    - Yaqubi History, vol II p 117,
                    - Masudi in his Tanbih, p 250 [The last three are mentioned in the
                    footnotes of Tabari's book]
                    - al Bayhaqi, vol 4 p 29
                    - Musnad, Ahmad Hanbal, vol 1 p 9
                    - Tarikh, Ibn Katheer, vol 5 p 285-86
                    - Sharah, ibn al Hadid, vol 6 p 46

In this connection, Umm Jafar, the daughter of Muhammad ibn Jafar, narrated
                    about the request of Fatima (as) to Asma bint Umays near her death that:

When I die, I want you and Ali to wash me, and do not
                    allow anyone to go into me (in my house).

When she died Aishah came to enter, Asma told her, ' Do not enter, ' Aishah
                    complained to Abu Bakr saying,

This Khathamiyyah (a woman from the tribe of Katham, i.e
                    Asma) intervenes between us and the daughter of Messenger
                    of Allah (PBUH&HF).

Then Abu Bakr, came and stood at the door and said:

O Asma, what makes you prevent, thw wives of the Prophet
                    from entering into the daughter of the Messenger of
                    Allah?

Asma replied:

She had herself ordered me not to allow anyone to enter
                    into her.

Abu Bakr said:

Do what she has ordered you.

Sunni references:

- Hilyatul Awliya, vol 2 p 43
                    - as Sunan al Kubra, vol 3 p 396
                    - Ansab al Ashraf, vol 1 p 405
                    - al Istiab, vol 4 p 1897-98
                    - Usudul Ghabah, vol 5 p 524
                    - al Isabah, vol 4 p 378-89

Muhammad ibn Umar al Waqidi said:

It has been proved to us that Ali (as) performed her funeral
                    prayer and buried her by night, accompanied by al Abbas and
                    al Fadl (his son), and did not notify anyone.

It was for this reason that Fatimah's (as) burial place was hidden
                    and is unknown till today.

Sunni references:

- Mustadrak, al Hakim, vol 3 p 162-63
                    - Ansab al Ashraf, vol 1 p 402, 405
                    - al Istiab, vol 4 p 1898
                    - Usudul Ghabah, vol 5 p 524-25
                    - al Isabah, vol 4 p 379-80
                    - Tabaqat, Ibn Sa'ad, vol 8 p 19-20
                    - Sharah, Ibn al HAdid, vol 16 p 279-81

If I were to assume that She didn't accuse Abu Bakr of anything wrong, then
                    why was She angry with Abu Bakr, why did she not allow Abu Bakr to attend
                    her funeral (as stated in her will). Surprisingly, al-Bukhari clearly
                    mentions that She had instructed Imam Ali (AS) not to inform Abu Bakr. If
                    Fatimah is the leading ladies among all the ladies, and if She is and was
                    the only lady in the entire Muslim Nation that Allah kept clean and pure,
                    then her anger could not be but just. It is because of this very reason
                    that:

Abu Bakr said: "May Allah save me from His anger and Fatimah's anger"
                    (the same words used by al-Bukhari) then he cried bitterly when she
                    said, "By Allah, I will curse you in every prayer that I do." He came
                    crying out and said: "I do not need your pledge of allegiance and
                    discharge me from my duties."

- Sunni reference: Tarikhul Khulafa by Ibn Qutaybah, v1, p120

Khalid> Now the third group, ie; his wives. They also thought of sending
                    Khalid> Usman to Abu Bakr as their rep to demand their eighth share. But
                    Khalid> Aisha opposed it and all the wives withdrew from such demand. One
                    Khalid> thing in this regards is that it is also said that RasulAllah, in
                    Khalid> his lifetime decided that this particular oasis (fidak) will be
                    Khalid> given to Fatima.

Was Fadak Muhammads (pbuh&hf) property ?
                    ----------------------------------------

Fadak was alloted to the Prophet (pbuh&hf), because it had been acquired

by treaty. The inhabitants, according to the treaty, were to remain there
                    while giving up half of their lands and half the produce.

Sunni references:

- Tabari, vol IX p 196 [The Last years of the Prophet English version]
                    - Futuhal Buldan p 42
                    - Tarekhe Khamees vol 2 p 64
                    - Tarikhe Kamil (Ibn Atheer) vol 2 p 85
                    - Seerah by Ibn Hisham vol 3 p 48
                    - at Tarikh, Ibn Khuldun, vol 2 part 2

The historian and the geographical scholar Ahmad ibn Yahya al Baladhuri
                    writes

Fadak was the personal property of the Prophet (PBUH&HF) as
                    the Muslims had not used their horses or camels for it.

- Futuhul Baldan, vol 1 p33

Umar ibn al Khattab himself regarded Fadak as the unshared property of the
                    Holy Prophet when he declared:

The property of Banu an Nadir was among that which Allah has
                    bestowed on His Messenger; against them neither horses nor
                    camles were pricked but they belonged to the Messenger of
                    Allah especially.

Sunni references:

- Sahih Bukhari, vol 4 p 46, vol 7 82; vol 9 p 121-22
                    - Sahih Muslim, vol 5 p 151
                    - Sunan Abi Daood. vol 3 p 139-41
                    - Sunan Nasai, vol 7 p 132
                    - Musnad of Ahmad Hanbal, vol p 25, 48, 60, 208
                    - Sunan al Kubra (al Bayhaqi), vol 6 p 296-99

Did the Prophet (pbuh&hf) present the land to Fatima (as) ?
                    -----------------------------------------------------------------

The Prophet in his life time with the instructions from Allah the almighty
                    presented this Land to Hadhrat Fatimah (AS), as is found in the Commentary
                    of the respected Sunni Scholar, Jalaluddin al-Suyuti. Here is the
                    historical background for the Land of Fadak, and after that is the text for
                    the Tafseer for the Verse 26 Chapter XVII.

Imam Ali (AS) was sent to Fadak, a Jewish town not far from Khaibar to
                    take it. But, before the use of any force, the inhabitants tendered their
                    submission, ceding half of their property to the prophet. When the Angel
                    Gabriel revealed to the Prophet the Divine Command as in the Verse 26 of
                    Chapter XVII (17)

"And give unto one who is of Kin (to thee) that which is due" [17:26]

and the Prophet asked as to who was meant as "being of Kin". the Angel
                    named Janabe Fatimah (AS) and told the Prophet to give Fadak to her (AS) as
                    the Income from Fadak belonged wholly to him on account of its being ceded
                    to him without the use of force. the Prophet (PBUH) accordingly bestowed
                    upon Janabe Fatimah (AS) his estate of Fadak for the substinence of herself
                    and her children.

With reference to the above Quranic Verse, many Sunni commentators have
                    written that:

when the Verse was revealed, the Holy Prophet (PBUH) asked the Angel
                    Gabriel: "Who are the Kinsmen and what is their due?" The Angel
                    Gibrael replied "Give Fadak to Fatimah for it is her due, and whatever
                    is due to Allah and the Prophet (PBUH) out of Fadak, that also belongs
                    to her, so entrust to her also."

[ The above is narrated through al Bazzar, Abu Yala, Ibn Abi Hatim, Ibn
                    Marduwayh and others from Abu Said al Khudri and through Ibn Marduwayh
                    from Abdullah ibn al Abbas for the above verse ]

Sunni references:
                    - Tafsir Durr al-Mansur, v4, p177
                    - Kanz al-Ummal, v2, p158
                    - Sawaiq al Muhriqah Chapter 15 p 21-22
                    - Rozatul Safaa vol 2 p 135
                    - Sharah e Muwaqif p 735
                    - Tareekh Ahmadi p45
                    - Ruh al ma'ani, vol 15 p 62

It leaves no room for us to believe that the Land of Fadak was not the
                    personal belonging of Hadhrat Fatimah (AS)!

Historians also write that

Certainly, Abu Bakr snatched Fadak from Fatimah (as)

Sunni references:

- Sharah, vol 16 p 219
                    - Wafa al Wafa (as Samhudi), vol 3 p1000
                    - Sawaiq al Muhriqah, p 32

Khalid> Therefore Fatimah demanded this property and she presented Ali and
                    Khalid> Ume-Yamin as a witness in the court of Abu Bakr. But he refused to
                    Khalid> accept this witnesses and did not allocate the property to her.
                    Khalid> But this story is no where in the authentic Hadith, However Bala-
                    Khalid> dhuri and Ibn-Saad has

Concerning the claim that You have made, that the above story is no where
                    to be found in the hadith books, I would like you to refer to these books,
                    that are termed as authentic and reliable by the Sunni scholars that
                    contains the very event that you have had mentioned.

- Commentary of the Quran by Fakhr al-Din al-Razi
                    , v8, p125 (Under the Tafseer of Surah Hashr)
                    - Sawaiq al-Muhriqah by Ibn Hajar Haythmi, p21

Fatimah (as) raised a voice when Fadak was stolen from her, protesting to
                    Abu Bakr, she said:

You have taken over possesion of Fadak although the Prophet
                    had gifted it to me during his life time.

On this Abu Bakr asked her to produce witnesses of the gift. Consequently,
                    Imam Ali (as) and Umm Ayman gave evidence on her favor. (Umm Ayman was the
                    freed bond maid and the dry nurse for the Holy Prophet (PBUH&HF), She was
                    the mother of Usamah ibn Zayd ibn al Harith. The Holy Prophet usted to say

Umm Ayman is my mother after my mother. The Holy Prophet (PBUH&HF)
                    also bore witness that she is among the people of paradise.

Sunni references:

- al Mustadrak, vol 4 p 63
                    - History of Tabari, vol 3 p 3460
                    - al Istiab, vol 4 p 1793
                    - Usud al Ghabah, vol 5 p 567
                    - Tabaqat, vol 8 p 192
                    - al Isabah, vol 4 p 432

But this evidence was held in-admissible by Abu Bakr and Fatimah's (as)
                    claim was rejected as being based on false statement. About this Baladhuri
                    writes:

Fatimah (as) said to Abu Bakr: The Messenger of Allah had
                    apportioned Fadak to me. Therefore give it to me. Then he
                    asked for another witness than Umm Ayman, saying: O
                    daughter of the Prophet, you know that evidence is not
                    admissible except by two men or one man and two women.

Besides, them, Imam Hasan (as) and Imam Hussain (as) gave evidence in
                    support of Fatimah (as), but their evidence was also rejected; on the
                    ground that the evidence of the offspring and minors was not acceptable
                    in favour of their parents. Then Rabah the slave of the Holy Prophet
                    (PBUH&HF) was also produced as a witness in support of the claim of
                    Fatimah but he was rejected too.

Sunni references:

- Futuhul Buldan, vol 1 p 35
                    - at Tarikh, Yaqubi, vol 3 p 195
                    - Muruj ad Dhahab, al Masudi, vol 3 p 237
                    - al Awail, Abu Hilal al Askari, p 209
                    - Wafa al Wafa, vol 3 p 99-1001
                    - Mujam al Buldan, Yaqut al Hamawai, vol 4 p 239
                    - Sharah, Ibn al Hadid, vol 16, p 216, 219-220, 274
                    - al Muhalla, Ibn HAzm, vol 6 p 507
                    - as Sirah al halabiyah, vol 3 p 261
                    - at Tafsir, al Fakr ad Din al Razi, vol 29 p 284

Khalid> copied it. But there is a lot of contradiction in their statements.
                    Khalid> Ibn-Saad narrates that Fatimah had not heard this directly from
                    Khalid> RasulAllah , but from Ume-Yamin and that is why she presented her
                    Khalid> as a witness. On the other hand Baladhuri says that Fatimah claimed
                    Khalid> that her father had given her Fadak oasis. Whatever ! Now let us
                    Khalid> look at the legal aspect of this issue. Legally, it could be either
                    Khalid> RasulAllahOs deed of gift (Hiba) or his will. If it was a gift, it
                    Khalid> should have been given to Fatimah in his lifetime. But this was not
                    Khalid> the case as we all know. If we call it a will, then this violates
                    Khalid> the Quranic Inheritance Law,

Talking about the very hadith that Abu Bakr had sited to support his
                    decision that has been mentioned in many books, that goes as follows

It is narrated on the authority of Urwa Ibn Zubair who narrated from
                    Aisha that she informed him that Fatima, the daughter of the Messenger
                    of Allah (PBUH) sent some one to Abu Bakr to demand from him her share
                    of the legacy left by left by the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) from what
                    Allah had bestowed upon him at Medina and Fadak and what was left from
                    1/5 th of the income from Khaibar. Abu Bakr said that: the Messenger
                    of Allah (PBUH) said:

We (prophets) do not have any heirs; what we leave behind is to be
                    given in charity.

The household of the Messenger of Allah will live on the income of
                    these Properties, but, by Allah I will not change the charity of the
                    Messenger of Allah from the condition in which it was in his own time.
                    I will do the same with it as the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) himself
                    used to do.

So Abu Bakr refused to hand over any thing from it to Fatimah who got
                    angry with Abu Bakr for this reason. She forsook him and did not talk
                    to him untill the end of her life. She lived for six months after the
                    death of the Messenger of Allah (PBUH). When she died her husband Ali
                    Ibn Abu Talib buried her at night. he did not inform Abu Baker about
                    her death and offered the funeral prayer over her himself ......

- Sahih Muslim, English version, v3, Chapter DCCXIX, p956, Tradition #4352

Now let us analyze the statement that Abu Bakr stated:

We (prophets) do not have any heirs; what we leave behind is to
                    be given in charity.

and the word heir means: "One who inherits * or * is legally entitled to
                    inherit the property" (the American Dictionary - 2nd College Edition p324).
                    Now, the very first statement goes against the facts since, historically it
                    is admitted the holy Prophet (PBUH) received inheritance from his father as
                    as follows

Abdullah Ibn Abdul Muttalib left to Umme Aiman a legacy of five (5)
                    dust coloured camels and a small flock of sheep, which was inherited
                    by the Prophet of Allah.

Sunni references:
                    - Tabaqat Ibn Sad - Part I p39
                    - Siratun Nabi by Moulana Shibli Noumani, v1, p122
                    - Fath al Bari vol 3 p 360-361 (Mentions a house from Hashim, a sword,
                    some goats and five (5) camels).
                    - Seerah al Halabiyah vol 1 p 56
                    - Ansab al Ashraf v 1 p 96

When the first part of the tradition is proved wrong, then how can the
                    second part that is "What we leave behind is to be given in charity", be
                    true as well! This very statement also clearly violates the Verses that
                    are stated in the Holy Quran, that are as follows:

"And Solomon (Sulaymaan) inherited from David." (Quran 27:16)

While both Sulaymaan and David were prophets and very wealthy. they were
                    kings at their era. Allah , Exalted, also says:

"(Zakariya prayed to Allah by saying) ... Grant me a son from
                    yourself, who inherits from me and inherit from the children of Jacob,
                    and make him, O' my Lord, the one with whom you are well- pleased."
                    (Quran: 19:5-6).

These are examples that Prophets left inheritances, and as might you have
                    seen that they seem to contradict the hadith that was narrated by Abu Bakr.

The traditon mentioned by Abu Bakr is fabricated otherwise it would not
                    contradict Quran. It would also be very helpful to cite an incident, where
                    Imam Ali (AS) had quoted the verses of the Quran, the same as the ones
                    cited above. The incident runs as follows:

It is reported by Jafar that Fatimah came to Abu Bakr to demand her
                    inheritance. Ibn Abbas also came to demand his inheritance, Ali ibn
                    Talib also came with him. Abu Bakr said that the Prophet of Allah
                    (PBUH) had said: "We do not make any heir to inherit our property,
                    what we leave is charity, and the support that he gave them is now my
                    responsibility."

Ali said: "Prophet Sulayman was the heir of Prophet Da'ud. Prophet
                    Zakariya prayed to Allah: `Bestow upon me a son, who is heir to me and
                    the family of Yaqoub.'"

Abu Bakr said: "The matter of the Prophet's legacy is as it is. By
                    Allah ! You know it as I do."

Ali said: "And see what the Book of Allah is saying."

- Sunni reference: Tabaqat Ibn Sad, v4, p121-122

This report proves that the descendants of Muhammad did not regard the
                    tradition, put forward by Abu Bakr in response to Fatima's claim for the
                    inheritance, as true rather they refuted it through the verses of the Quran
                    which they say that Allah has made the prophets heirs to one another.

Khalid> Apart from Will or Gift, as discussed above, if we just examine the
                    Khalid> witnesses presented in the court of Abu-Bakr when Fatimah demanded
                    Khalid> this property, we will find that this again violates the Islamic
                    Khalid> witness Laws. Fatimah presented (if my brother Ali believes that it
                    Khalid> was true) one male/and or one woman in her claim. As per the
                    Khalid> Quranic Laws, more witnesses were required. One man or Two women. I
                    Khalid> am sure brother Ali will not change the entire divine law just
                    Khalid> because of the personalities involved.

There are also many instances when Abu Bakr never asked for any witness
                    when people made claim to the promise of the Prophet (PBUH). I would as
                    usual rely on the authentic sources of hadith for my Sunni brethren and
                    sisters:

Sahih al-Bukahri Hadith 3.848 (page 525)
                    Narrated Muhamamd Ibn Ali:

Jabir Ibn Abdullah said: `When the Prophet (PBUH) died, Abu Bakr
                    received some property from al-Ala al-Hadrami. Abu Bakr said to the
                    people, ' whoever has a money claim on the Prophet (PBUH) or was
                    promised something by him , should come to us, (so that we may pay him
                    right). ' Jabir added: `I said (to Abu Bakr), Allah's Apsotle (PBUH)
                    promised me that he would give me this much, and this much, and this
                    much (spreading his hands three times). Jabir added, ' Abu Bakr
                    counted for me and handed me five hundred (500) gold pieces, and then
                    five hundred, and then five hundred.

Sunni references:

- Sahih, Muslim, vol 7 p 75-76
                    - Sahih, al Tirmizi, vol 5 p 129
                    - Musnad, Ahmad Hanbal, vol 3 p 307-308
                    - Tabaqat, Ibn Sa'ad, vol 2 part 2 p 88-89

In the annotations of this tradition, Ibn Hajar Asqalani and Ahmad al
                    Ayni al Hanafi have written:

This tradition leads to the conclusion that the evidence of
                    one just companion can also be admitted as full evidence
                    though it may be in his own favor, because Abu Bakr did not
                    ask Jabir to produce any witnes in proff of his claim.

Sunni references:

- Fath al Bari, vol 5 p 380 (Ibn Hajar Asqalani)
                    - Umdatul Qari, vol 12 p 121 (al Hanafi)

It it was lawful to allow property to Jabir on the basis of good
                    impression;
                    without calling for witness or evidence, then what stopped allowing
                    Fatimha's claim on the basis of similar good impression? If good impression
                    could exist in the case of Jabir to such an effect that he would not
                    benefit
                    by speaking a lie, then why should there not be the good belief about
                    Fatimah (as) that she would not attribute a false saying to the Prophet
                    (PBUH&HF) just for a piece of land.

Firstly, her admitted truthfulness and honesty was enough for holding her
                    truthful in her claim and evidence of Imam Ali (as) and Umm Ayman in her
                    favor was also available besides her other evidences. It has been said
                    that the claim could not be decided in favor of Fatimah (as) on the basis
                    of two witnesses because the Holy Quran lays down the principle of evidence
                    that: [ 2 : 282 ]

... then call witness two witnesses from among your men and
                    if there not be two men, then (take) a man and two women...

If this principal is universal and general then it shoudl be taken into
                    regard on every occasion, but one some occasion it is found not to have
                    been followed; for example when an Arab had a dispute with the Prophet
                    (PBUH&HF) about a camel, Khuzaymah ibn Thabit al Ansari gave evidence in
                    favour of the Prophet (PBUH&HF), and this one evidence was deemed to be
                    equal to two, because there was no doubt in the honesty and the
                    truthfulness
                    of the individual in whose favor the evidence was led. It was for this
                    reason that the Holy Prophet (PBUH&HF) granted him the title of Dhush
                    Shahadatayn (one whose evidence is equivalent to the evidence of two
                    witnesses)

Sunni references:

- al Bukhari, vol 4 p 24, vol 6 p 146
                    - Sunan of Abu Dawood, vol 3 p 308
                    - Suna of an Nasai, vol 7 p 302
                    - Musnad of Ahmad Hanbal, vol 5 p 188-89. 216, vol 2 p 448
                    - Usudul Ghaba, vol 2 p 114
                    - al Isabah, vol 2 p 425-26

Consequently, neither was the generality of the verse about the evidence
                    affected by this action nor was it deemed to be against the cannons of
                    evidence. So, if here in view of the Prophet's (PBUH&HF) truthfulness,
                    one evidence in his favor was deemed to be equal to two, then could not
                    the evidence of Ali and Umm Ayman be regarded enough for Fatima in view
                    of moral greatness and truthfulness?

Also there is a tradition mentioned by more than twelve companions that

The Messenger of Allah (PBUH&HF) used to decide cases on the
                    strength of one witness and the taking oath.

It has been explained by some companions of the Prophet (PBUH&HF) and some
                    scholars of jurisprudence that this decision is specially related to
                    rights,
                    property and transactions; and this decision was practiced by the three
                    Caliphs

- Abu Bakr
                    - Umar
                    - and Uthman

Sunni references:

- Sahih, Muslim, vol 5 p 128
                    - Sunan, Abu Dawood, vol 3 p 308-309
                    - Sahih, Tirmidhi, vol 3 627-29
                    - Sunan, Ibn Majah, vol 2 p 793
                    - Musnad, Ahmad Hanbal, vol 1 p 248, 315, 323, vol 3 p 305
                    - al Muwatta, Malik, vol 2 p 721-25
                    - Sunan, al Bayhaqi, vol 10 p 167-176
                    - Suna, ad Darqutani, vol 4 p 212-215
                    - Majma az Zawaid, vol 4 p 202
                    - Kanz al Ummal, vol 7 p 13

Now brother Khalid, a few points

- Why did Abu Bakr not call upon witnesses at the time of his giving away
                    the gold pieces that was in accordance with the promise of the Holy
                    Prophet (PBUH). Why did he take their statement for granted that the
                    Prophet (PBUH) had made a promise?

- On the contrary when Fatimah, the daughter of the Prophet whom he called
                    the Chief of the women of the Worlds, made a claim for Fadak, then
                    witnesses were called upon to appear before the caliph and one some
                    pretext or other their evidence was rejected!

Khalid> Most important, I would like to ask brother Ali, that after all Ali
                    Khalid> (RAA), himself became Caliph after Usman. Why he did not grant this
                    Khalid> property to Fatimah as the inheritance of RasulAllah? Question is
                    Khalid> how come Ali (RAA), in his caliph ship, deprived of its rightful
                    Khalid> owners. If it is ok to call Abu-Bakr or Omar as oppressors, then
                    Khalid> all those who did not grant this property to Fatima, should also be
                    Khalid> declared Oppressors. Makes sense or not. Measuring rod should be
                    Khalid> the same for everyone!

According to the following traditions from Sahih al-Bukhari, Umar, during
                    his reign, gave the property to Imam Ali (AS) and Abbas. So there was
                    nothing for Imam Ali to retake when he became Caliph. However, the
                    tradition implies that Umar gave Fadak to Imam Ali to manage it, and spend
                    its revenues for the sake of Allah. The tradition also confirms that Imam
                    Ali overpowered Abbas and took over the land (after he became Caliph), and
                    the Imam Hasanin herited the land, till it was usurped again (by Umayad).
                    Here is the tradition:

Sahih Bukhari Hadith: 5.367

'Umar said to 'Ali and 'Abbas: "... I kept this property in my
                    possession for the first two years of my rule (i.e. Caliphate and I

used to dispose of it in the same wa as Allah's Apostle and Abu Bakr
                    used to do; and Allah knows that I have been sincere, pious, rightly
                    guided an the follower of the right (in this matte Later on both of
                    you (i.e. 'Ali and Abbas) came to me, and the claim of you both was

one and the same, O 'Abbas! You also came to me. So I told you both

that Allah's Apostle said, "Our property is not inherited, but
                    whatever we leave is to be given in charity.' Then when I thought

that I should better hand over this property to you both or the

condition that you will promise and pledge before Allah that you will
                    dispose it off in the same way as Allah's Apostle and Abu Bakr did and
                    as I have done since the beginning of my caliphate or else you should
                    not speak to me (about it).' So, both of you said to me, 'Hand it over
                    to us on this condition.' And on this condition I handed it over to

you. Do you want me now to give a decision other than that (decision)?
                    By Allah, with Whose Permission both the sky and the earth stand fast,
                    I will never give any decision other than that (decision) till the
                    Last Hour is established. But if you are unable to manage it (i.e.
                    that property), then return it to me, and I will manage on your
                    behalf." The sub-narrator said, ... this property was in the hands of

Ali who took it from 'Abbas and overpowered him. Then it came in the
                    hands of Hasan Ibn 'Ali, then in the hands of Husain Ibn 'Ali, and

then in the hands of Ali Ibn Husain and Hasan Ibn Hasan, and each of
                    the last two used to manage it in turn, then it came in the hands of
                    Zaid Ibn Hasan, and it was truly the Sadaqa of Allah's Apostle."

I am not sure (according to Shia) if Muawiyah usurped the Fadak at the time
                    of Imam Hasan and Imam Husain or not. Nevertheless it was usurped shortly
                    after. See also tradition 4.326. As we see in the above tradition, if
                    Imam Ali believed that this is charity, he wouldn't ask for his share from
                    Umar, nor would he drive Abbas out of the land.

The following traditions clearly mention that Imam Ali claimed the land. Do
                    you think Imam Ali who lived with Prophet, who was the first man who
                    embraced Islam, and was the most knowledgeable companion, did not know what
                    the rule of Allah is?

Sahih Bukhari Hadith: 8.720
                    Narrated Malik Ibn Aus:

'Umar said to 'Ali and 'Abbas: "... Then I took charge of this
                    property for two years during which I managed it as Allah's Apostle
                    and Abu Bakr did. Then you both ('Ali and 'Abbas) came to talk to me,
                    bearing the same claim and presenting the same case. (O 'Abbas!) You
                    came to me asking for your share from the property of your nephew, and
                    this man (Ali) came to me, asking for the share of his wife from the

property of her father. I said, 'If you both wish, I will give that to
                    you on that condition (i.e. that you would follow the way of the
                    Prophet and Abu Bakr and as I (Umar) have done in managing it).' ...
                    If you are unable to manage it, then return it to me, and I will be
                    sufficient to manage it on your behalf.' "

Sahih Bukhari Hadith: 9.408
                    Narrated Malik Ibn Aus An-Nasri:

... Then he (Umar) turned to 'Ali and 'Abbas and said,
                    "You both claim that Abu Bakr did so-and-so in managing the property,

but Allah knows that Abu Bakr was honest, righteous, intelligent, and
                    a follower of what is right in managing it. Then Allah took Abu Bakr
                    unto Him, 'I said: I am the successor of Allah's Apostle and Abu
                    Bakr.' So I took over the property for two years and managed it in the
                    same way as Allah's Apostle, and Abu Bakr used to do. Then you both
                    ('Ali and 'Abbas) came to me and asked for the same thing! (O 'Abbas!)

You came to me to ask me for your share from nephew's property; and
                    this ('Ali) came to me asking for his wives share from her father's

property, and I said to you both, 'If you wish, I will place it in
                    your custody on condition that you both will manage it in the same way

as Allah's Apostle and Abu Bakr did and as I have been doing since I
                    took charge of managing it;

Khalid> My brother Ali, when quoting RasulAllahs Hadith concerning Fatimah
                    Khalid> whosoever hurts her, hurts me, is perhaps not aware of the
                    Khalid> background of this hadith. Here is when and how it became necessary
                    Khalid> for RasulAllah to say this. It is narrated by Imam Zain- Ul-
                    Khalid> Abaideen Ali Ibn Hussain and Abu-Mulaika
                    Khalid> through Miswar Ibn Muhazma and further endorsed by Abdullah Ibn

Khalid> Zubair. Bokhari, Muslim, Abu-Daood, Ibn-e-Maja, Trinddi and Hakim
                    Khalid> have all narrated this in their various book. Anyhow the story is:
                    Khalid> After the conquer of Mecca, when the family of Abu- Jahl embraced
                    Khalid> Islam, Ali wanted to to marry Abu-Jahl's daughter named Jamila
                    Khalid> (some say Auora and some say her name was Jewaira). ...
                    Khalid> Fatimah came to know the intentions of Ali and went to RasulAllah
                    Khalid> and said. Upon this RasulAllah delivered this sermon: OBani
                    Khalid> Hasham Ibn Mughaira wants to marry his daughter to Ali and has
                    Khalid> asked my permission. I don't approve it. I don't approve it. I
                    Khalid> don't approve it. Abu Talib's son can divorce my daughter and marry
                    Khalid> his daughter. My daughter is my piece. Whatever is unpleasant to
                    Khalid> her is unpleasant to me and whoever will give her pain will give me
                    Khalid> pain ... But please note that it was perfectly halal for Ali to do
                    Khalid> so and that is why he thought of it. After all RasulAllah himself
                    Khalid> had many marriages and that is why RasulAllah never said that it is
                    Khalid> Haram. He only disliked the idea for reasons of Abu-Jahls old
                    Khalid> enmity of Islam. This family embraced Islam after the Conquer of
                    Khalid> Mecca and it was too early to tell if they had a change of heart or
                    Khalid> it was only to get into RasulAllah's house.

The above story that you have cited is considered weak, because of its
                    narrator, Miswar Ibn Muhazma, and as usual I shall cite Sunni references to
                    prove my point. This person that you have mentioned, i.e., Miswar Ibn
                    Muhazma, was related to Abdul Rahman Ibn Auf, and he was born 2 (two) years
                    after the Hijrah and he came to Medina in the end of the Eight (8th) Year
                    of the Hijrah. The Sunni hadith Scholar, Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani states as
                    follows

Born in Mecca two (2) years after the Hijrah, and he came to Medina
                    with his father in the end of the month of Zhilhajjah for the year 8th
                    (eight) hijri.

Sunni reference: Tahdhib al-Tahdhib, v10, p151

Now a few points, this would make Miswar only 6 (six) years old and
                    according to the standard set by the hadith scientists, any hadith that is
                    narrated by a child (minor) is not to be accepted. I am not saying this
                    on the basis of my knowledge, infact I am borrowing words from the mouth of
                    great Sunni Scholar and Historian from India ' Maulana Shibli Numani '. In
                    his volumnious work on the Seerah of the Prophet, where he scrutinizes the
                    nature of the reports (hadiths) and the status of the narrator, he
                    writes:

For instance a commonly debated question is this: Is it necessary to
                    impose the age limit for narrators?

Furthermore he also states the belief held by Imam Shafi'i that

'He is inclined not to accept a narration referring to the experience
                    of a minor.'

Sunni reference: Siratun Nabi (The Life of the Prophet) by Shibli Numani
                    English Edition , p55

Furthermore it also reminds me of the saying from the lady (Jewaira) at the
                    time of the conquest of Mecca, when Bilal gave the call of the
                    Prayer from the House of Allah (The Kaabah)

God has saved my father from hearing the unpleasent voice of Bilal in
                    the Kaabah !

How do you expect me to believe that Imam Ali (AS) would offer his hand to
                    an un-believer?

In the end, would be very unfair not to look at the arguments presented by
                    the Sunnis in favor of their First Caliph, Abu Bakr. In the footnote of
                    Sahih Muslim, the commentator writes:

It was a sort of a misgiving on the part of the Hadrat Fatimah that
                    Hadrat Abu Bakr was reluctant to give the due share of her part of her
                    great father. Noble Abu Bakr could not conceive of that. He had
                    intense love and affection for the family of the Holy Prophet (PBUH)
                    but he was not yielding to her demand since he found it against the
                    verdict of the Holy Prophet (PBUH) in regards to the legacy of the
                    Prophets as we find in a hadith!

- Footnote of Sahih Muslim, v3, p958 (English), footnote number 2235

How can it be a misgiving on the part of the Chief of the Women in Paradise
                    when Her highness was bestowed by the Prophet (PBUH&HF) himself the title
                    of al-Siddiqah? How can the commentator accuse her of a misgiving when She
                    was also known as The Splendid One, The Chaste and The Pure One? How can
                    any Muslim accuse Her of a misgiving with the facts in mind that the Quran
                    talks about her in the following Verses

* The Verse of Purity (Chapter 33 Verse 33)
                    * The Verse of Imprecation (Mubihala Chapter 3 Verse 61)

How can we take it for fact that what Abu Bakr stated was a hadith of the
                    Holy Prophet (PBUH&HF) when the statement is in direct contradiction with
                    not only Historical facts, Interpreatations of the Sunni Commentators, but
                    also with the Quranic injunctions?

Comment

Lady Fatimah (AS) protests against Abu Bakr's Actions

Fatimah (AS) felt grieved by Abu Bakr's actions, and was so displeased with
                      him that when she knew of his attempt to seize Fadak, she accompanied a
                      group of women to the mosque. There she sat down and delivered the
                      following speech:

Praise be to Allah for that which He bestowed (upon us); And thanks be
                      to Him for all that which He inspired; and commended in His Name for
                      that which He Provided: From prevalent favors which He created, And
                      abundant benefactions which He offered and perfect grants which He
                      presented; (such benefactions) that their number is much too plentiful
                      to compute; Bounties too vast to measure;

Their limit was too distant to realize; He recommended to them (His
                      creatures) to gain more (of His benefaction) by being grateful for
                      their continuity; He ordained Himself praiseworthy by giving
                      generously to His creatures; I bear witness that there is no God but
                      Allah Who is One with out partner, a statement which sincere devotion
                      is made to be its interpretation; hearts guarantee its con- tinuation,
                      and dominated in the minds is its sensibility. He Who can not be
                      perceived with vision; neither be described with tongues; nor can
                      imagination surround His state.

He originated things but not from anything that existed be- fore them,
                      and created them with- out examples to follow. Rather, He created them
                      with His might and dispersed them according to His will; not for a
                      need did He create them; nor for a benefit for Him) did He shape them,
                      But to establish His wisdom, Bring attention to His obedi- ence,
                      manifest His might, lead His creatures to humbly vene- rate Hun, and
                      to exalt His decrees. He then made the reward for His obedience, And
                      punishment for his dis- obedience, so as to protect His creatures from
                      His Wrath and amass them into His Paradise.

I too bear witness that my Father, Muhammad, is His Slave and
                      Messenger, Whom He chose prior to sending him, named him before
                      sending him; when creatures were still concealed in that which was
                      transcendental, guarded from that which was appalling, and associated
                      with the termination and nonexistence. For Allah the Exalted knew that
                      which was to follow, comprehended that which will come to pass, And
                      realized the place of every event.

Allah has sent him (Muhammad) (p.b.u.h) as perfection for His
                      commands, a resolution to accomplish His rode, and an implementation
                      of the decrees of His Mercy. So he found the nations to vary in their
                      faiths; Obsessed by their fires, Worshipping their idols, And denying
                      Allah despite their knowledge of Him. Therefore, Allah illuminated
                      their darkness with my Father, Muhammad, (p.b.u.h) uncovered obscurity
                      from their hearts, and cleared the clouds from their insights He
                      revealed guidance among the people; So he delivered them from being
                      led astray, led them away from misguidance, guided them to the proper
                      religion and called them to the straight path.

Allah then chose to recall him back in mercy, love and pre- ference.
                      So, Muhammad (p.b.u.h) is in comfort from the burden of this world, he
                      is surrounded with devoted angels, the satisfaction of the Merciful
                      Lord, and the nearness of the powerful King. So may the praise of
                      Allah be upon my Father, His Prophet, Trusted one, the chosen one from
                      among His creatures, and His sincere friend, and may peace and
                      blessings of Allah be upon him.

Fatimah then turned to the crowd and said:

Surely you are Allah 's slaves at His command Prohibition; You are the
                      bearers of His religion and revelation; You are Allah's trusted ones
                      with yourselves; and His messengers to the nations. Amongst you does
                      He have righteous authority; A covenant He brought unto you, and an
                      heir He left to guard you; That is The eloquent book of Allah; The
                      truthful Quran; The brilliant light; The shining beam; Its insights
                      are indis- putable; Its secrets are revealed; Its indications are
                      manifest; and its fol- lowers are blessed by it. (The Quran) leads its
                      adherents to good will; and Hearing it leads to salvation; with it are
                      the bright divine authorities achieved, His manifest determination
                      acquired, His prohibited decrees avoided; His manifest evidence
                      recognized; His satisfying proofs made apparent, His permissions
                      granted, and His laws written. So Allah made belief to be a
                      purification for you from poly- theism

He made: Prayer- An exaltation for you from conceit. Alms- A
                      purification for the soul and a (cause of) growth in subsistence.
                      Fasting-An implantation of devotion. Pilgrimage- A construction of
                      religion. Justice- A harmony of the hearts; Obeying us (Ahlul-Bayt)-
                      Management of the nation. Our leadership (Ahlul-Bayt): Safeguard from
                      disunity.

Jihad (struggle) - A strengthening of Islam. Patience- A helping
                      course for deserving (divine) reward. Ordering goodness (Amr Bil
                      Maruf)- Public welfare. Kindness to the parents- A safeguard from
                      wrath. Maintaining close relations with one's kin- A cause for a
                      longer life and multiplying the number of descend- ants. Retaliation
                      (Qesas)-For sparing blood (souls). Fulfillment of vows-subjecting
                      oneself to mercy. Completion of weights and measures- A cause for
                      preventing the neglect of others' rights. Forbiddance of drinking wine-
                      An exaltation from atrocity. Avoiding slander- A veil from curse.
                      Abandoning theft- a reason for deserving chastity. Allah has also
                      prohibited polytheism so that one can devote himself to His Lordship.
                      Therefore; Fear Allah as He should be feared and die not except in a
                      state of Islam, Obey Allah in that which He has commanded you to do
                      and that which He has forbidden, for surely those truly fear among His
                      servants, who have knowledge.

Lady Fatimah Zahra (AS) then added:

O People ! Be informed that I am Fatimah, and my father is Muhammad
                      (p.b.u.h) I say that repeatedly and initiate it continually; I say not
                      what I say mistakenly, nor do I do what I do aimlessly. Now hath come
                      unto you an Apostle from amongst yourselves It grieves him that you
                      should perish; Ardently anxious is he over you;; To the believers he
                      is most kind and merciful. Thus, if you identify and recognize him,
                      you shall realize that he is my father and not the father of any of
                      your women; the brother of my cousin (Ali (AS) ) rather than any of
                      your men. What an excellent identity he was, may the peace and
                      blessings of Allah be upon him and his descendants.

Thus, he propagated the Message, by coming out openly with the warning
                      and while inclined away from the path of the polytheists, (whom he)
                      struck their strength and seized their throats, while he invited (all)
                      to the way of his Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching, He
                      destroyed idols, and defeated heroes, until their group fled and
                      turned their backs. So night revealed its dawn; righteousness
                      uncovered its genuineness; the voice of the religious authority spoke
                      out loud; the evil discords were silenced; The crown of hypo- crisy
                      was diminished; the tightening of infidelity and desertion were
                      untied, So you spoke the statement of devotion amongst a band of
                      starved ones; and you were on the edge of a hole of fire; (you were)
                      the drink of the thirsty one; the opportunity of the desiring one; the
                      fire brand of him who passes in haste; the step for feet; you used to
                      drink from the water gathered on roads; eat jerked meat.

Lady Fatimah (AS) was stating their lowly situation before Islam

You were despised outcasts always in fear of abduction from those
                      around you. Yet, Allah rescued you through my father, Muhammad
                      (p.b.u.h) after much ado, and after he was confronted by mighty men,
                      the Arab beasts, and the demons of the people of the Book Who,
                      whenever they ignited the fire of war, Allah extinguished it; and
                      whenever the thorn of the devil appeared, or a mouth of the
                      polytheists opened wide in defiance, he (p.b.u.h) would strike its
                      discords with his brother (Ali (AS) ), who comes not back until he
                      treads its wing with the sole of his feet, and extinguishes its flames
                      with his sword.

He is (Ali (AS) ) diligent in Allah's affair, near to the Messenger of
                      Allah, A master among Allah 's worshippers, setting to work briskly,
                      sincere in his advice, earnest and exerting himself (in service to
                      Islam); While you were calm, gay, and feeling safe in your comfort-
                      able lives, waiting for us to meet disasters, awaiting the spread of
                      news, you fell back during every baffle, and took to your heels at
                      times of fighting. Yet, When Allah chose His Prophet from the dwell of
                      His prophets, and the abode of His sincere (servants); The thorns of
                      hypocrisy appeared on you, the garment of faith became worn out, The
                      misguided ignorant(s) spoke out, the sluggish ignorant came to the
                      front and brayed. The he camel of the vain wiggled his tail in your
                      Courtyards and the Devil stuck his head from its place of hiding and
                      called upon you he found you respon- sive to his invitation, and
                      observing his deceits. He then aroused you and found you quick (to
                      answer him), and invited you to wrath, therefore; you branded other
                      than your camels and proceeded to other than your drinking places.
                      Then while the era of the Prophet was still near, the gash was still
                      wide, the scar had not yet healed, and the Messenger was not yet
                      buried. A (quick) undertaking as you claimed, aimed at preventing
                      discord (trial), Surely, they have fallen into trial already! And
                      indeed Hell surrounds the unbelievers. How preposterous! What an idea!
                      What a falsehood! For Allah's Book is still amongst you its affairs
                      are apparent; its rules are manifest; its signs are dazzling; its
                      restrictions are visible, and its commands are evident. Yet, indeed
                      you have casted it behind your backs! What! Do you detest it? Or
                      according to something else you wish to rule? Evil would be the
                      exchange for the wrongdoers! And if anyone desires a religion other
                      than Islam (submission to Allah), it never will it be accepted from
                      him; And in the hereafter, he will be in the ranks of those who have
                      lost. Surely you have not waited until its stampede seized, and it
                      became obedient. You then started arousing its flames, instigating its
                      coal, compiling with the call of the misled devil, quenching the light
                      of the manifest reli- gion, and extinguished the light of the sincere
                      Prophet. You concealed sips on froth and proceeded towards his (the
                      Prophet) kin and children in swamps and forests (meaning you plot
                      against them in deceitful ways), but we are patient with you as if we
                      are being notched with knives and stung by spearheads in our abdomens,
                      Yet-now you claim- that there is not inheritance for us! What! Do they
                      then seek after a judgment of (the Days of) ignorance ? But how, for a
                      people whose faith is assured, can give better judgment than Allah?
                      Don't you know? Yes, indeed it is obvious to you that I am his
                      daughter. O Muslims! Will my inheritance be usurped? O son of Abu
                      Quhafa! Where is it in the Book of Allah that you inherit your father
                      and I do not inherit mine? Surely you have come up with an
                      unprecedented thing. Do you intentionally abandon the Book of Allah
                      and cast it behind your back? Do you not read where it says: And
                      Sulaiman inherited Dawood ? And when it narrates the story of Zakariya
                      and says: 'So give me an heir as from thyself (One that) will inherit
                      ones and inherit the posterity of Yaqoob'.

And; 'But kindred by hood have prior rights against each other in the
                      Book of Allah'

And: 'Allah (thus) directs you as regards your children's
                      (inheritance) to the male, a portion equal to that of two females'

And: '...If he leaves any goods, that he makes a bequest to parents
                      and next of kin, according to reasonable usage; this is due from the
                      pious ones.'

You claim that I have no share! And that I do not inherit my father!
                      What! Did Allah reveal a (Quranic) verse regarding you from which He
                      excluded my father? Or do you say:

'These (Fatimah and her father) are the people of two faiths, they do
                      not inherit each other? !' Are we not, me and my father, a people
                      adhering to one faith? Or is it that you have more knowledge about the
                      specifi- cations and generalizations of the Quran than my father and
                      my cousin (Imam Ali) ? So, here you are! Take it! (Ready with) its
                      nose rope and saddled! But if shall encounter you on the Day of
                      Gathering, (thus) what a wonder- ful judge is Allah, a claimant is
                      Muhammad, and a day is the Day of Rising.

At the time of the Hour shall the wrongdoers lose; and it shall not
                      benefit you to regret (your actions) then! For every Message, there is
                      a time limit; and soon shall ye know who will be inflicted with
                      torture that will humiliate him, and who will be confronted by an
                      everlasting punishment.

Fatimah then turned towards the Ansars and said:

O you people of intellect! The strong supporters of the nation! And
                      those who embraced Islam; What is this short-coming in defending my
                      right? And what is this slumber (while you see) injustice (being done
                      toward me)? Did not the Messenger of Allah (p.b.u.h) my father, used
                      to say:

'A man is upheld (remembered) by his children ?!' O how quick have you
                      violated (his orders)! How soon have you plotted against us? But you
                      still are capable (of helping me in) my attempt, and powerful (to help
                      me) in that which I request and (in) my pursuit (of it).

Or do you say: "Muhammad (p.b.u.h) has perished;" Surely this is a
                      great calamity; Its damage is excessive its injury is great, Its wound
                      (is much too deep) to healed The Earth became darkened with his
                      departure; the stars eclipsed for his calamity; hopes were seized;
                      mountains submitted; sanctity was violated, and holiness was
                      encroached upon after his death. Therefore, this, by Allah, is the
                      great affliction, and the grand calamity; there is not an affliction-
                      which is the like of it; nor will there be a sudden misfortune (as
                      surprising as this).

The Book of Allah-excellent in praising him-announced in the
                      courtyards (of your houses) in the place where you spend your evenings
                      and mornings; A call, A cry, A recitation, and (verses) in order: It
                      had previously came upon His (Allah's) Prophets and Messengers, (for
                      it is) A decree final, and a pre- destination fulfilled: 'Muhammad is
                      not but an Apostle: Many were the apostles that passed away before
                      him. If he died or was slain, will ye then turn back on your heels If
                      any did turn back on his heels, not the least harm will he do to
                      Allah; but Allah (on the other hand) will swiftly reward those who
                      (serve Him) with gratitude.'

O you people of reflection; will I be usurped the inheritance of my
                      father while you hear and see me?! (And while) You are sitting and
                      gathered around me? You hear my call, and are included in the (news of
                      the) affair? (But) You are numerous and well equipped! (You have) the
                      means and the power, and the weapons and the shields. Yet, the call
                      reaches you but you do not answer; the cry comes to you but you do not
                      come to help? (This) While you are characterized by struggle, known
                      for goodness and welfare, the selected group (which was chosen), and
                      the best ones chosen by the Messenger (p.b.u.h) for us, Ahlul-Bayt.
                      You fought the Arabs, bore with pain and exhaustion, struggled against
                      the nations, and resisted their heroes. We were still, so were you in
                      ordering you and you in obeying us. So that Islam became triumphant,
                      the accomplishment of the days came near, the fort of polytheism was
                      subjected, the outburst of fabrication subsided, the flames of
                      infidelity calmed down, and the system of religion was well-ordered.
                      Thus, (why have you) become con- fused after clearness? Conceal
                      matters after announcing them ? Turned on your heels after daring?
                      Associated (others with Allah) after believing? Will you not fight
                      people who violated their oaths? Plotted to expel the Apostle and
                      became aggressive by being the first (to assault) you? Do ye fear
                      them? Nay, it is Allah Whom ye should more justly fear, if you
                      believe! Nevertheless, I see that you are inclined to easy living;
                      dismissed he who is more worthy of guardianship (Ali (AS) ) You
                      secluded yourselves with meekness and dismissed that which you
                      accepted. Yet, if you show ingratitude, ye and all on earth together,
                      yet, Allah free of an wants, worthy of appraise. Surely I have said
                      all that I have said with full knowledge that you intent to forsake
                      me, and knowing the betrayal which your hearts sensed. But, it is the
                      state of soul, the effusion of fury, the dissemination of (what is)
                      the chest and the presentation of the proof Hence, Here it is! Bag it
                      (leadership and) put it on the back of an ill she-camel, which has a
                      thin hump, with ever lasting grace, marked with the wrath of Allah,
                      and the blame of ever (which leads to) the Fire of (the wrath of)
                      Allah kindled (to a blaze), that which doth mount (right) to the
                      hearts; For, Allah witnesses what you do, and soon will the unjust
                      assailants know what vicissitudes their affairs will take !! And I am
                      the daughter of a Warner (the Prophet p.b.u.h.) to you against a
                      severe punishment. So, act and so will we, and wait, and we shall
                      wait. [The end of Lady Fatimah's speech.]

It appears from recorded historical events, that Lady Fatimah (AS) was
                      successful at the beginning in persuading Abu Bakr to hand back Fadak to
                      her; listen to part of a speech he (according to some historians) delivered
                      after hearing Fatimah's speech. He said:

' O daughter of the Messenger of Allah. . . Surely the Prophet is your
                      father, not anyone else's, the brother of your husband, not any other
                      man's; he surely preferred him over all his friends and (Ali)
                      supported him in every important matter, no one loves you save the
                      lucky and no one hates you save tile wretched. You are the blessed
                      progeny of Allah's Messenger, the chosen ones, our guides to goodness,
                      our path to Paradise, and you-the best of women-and the daughter of
                      the best of prophets, truthful is your sayings, excelling in reason.
                      You shall not be driven back from your right...But I surely heard your
                      father saying: ' We the group of prophets do not inherit, nor are we
                      inherited. ' Yet, this is my situation and properly, it is yours (if
                      you wish); it shall not be concealed from you, nor will it be stored
                      away from you. You are the Mistress of your father's nation, and the
                      blessed tree of your descendants. Your property shall not be usurped
                      against your will, nor can your name be defamed Your judgment shall be
                      executed in all that which I possess. This, do you think that I
                      violate your father's (will) ? '

Fatimah then refuted Abu Bakr's claim that the Prophet (p.b.u.h) had stated
                      that prophets can not be inherited, and said:

Glory be to Allah ! Surely Allah's Messenger (p.b.u.h) did not abandon
                      Allah's Book nor did he violate His commands. Rather, he followed its
                      decrees and adhered to its chapters. So do you unite with treachery
                      justifying your fabrications? Indeed this-after his departure-is
                      similar to the disasters which were plotted against him during his
                      lifetime. But behold ! This is Allah's Book, a just judge and a
                      decisive speaker, saying One that will (truly) inherit Me, and inherit
                      the posterity of Yaqub, and Sulaiman inherited Dawood.

Thus, He (Glory be to Him) made clear that which He made share of all
                      heirs, decreed from the amounts of inheritance, allowed for males and
                      females, and eradicated all doubts and ambiguities (pertaining to this
                      issue which existed with the) by gones.

Nay! But your minds have made up a tale (that may pass) with you, but
                      (for me) patience is most fitting against that which ye assert; it is
                      Allah (alone) whose help can be sought.

It is apparent that Abu Bakr chanced the mode with which he addressed Lady
                      Fatimah (AS) after delivering her speech. Listen to his following speech;
                      which is his reply to Fatimah's speech. Abu Bakr said:

Surely Allah and His Apostle are truthful, and so has as (the
                      Prophet's) daughter told the truth. Surely you are the source of
                      wisdom, the element of faith, and the sole authority. May Allah not
                      refute your righteous argument, nor invalidate your decisive speech
                      But these are the Muslims between us-who have entrusted me with
                      leadership and it was according to their satisfaction that I received
                      what I have. I am not being arrogant, autocratic, or selfish, and
                      they are my witnesses.

Upon hearing Abu Bakr speak of the people's support for him, Lady Fatimah
                      Zahra (AS) turned towards them and said:

O people, who rush towards uttering falsehood and are indifferent to
                      disgraceful and losing actions !

Do you not earnestly seek to reflect upon the Quran, or are your
                      hearts isolated with locks? But on your hearts is the stain of the
                      evil which you committed; it has seized your hearing and your sight,
                      evil is that which you justified, cursed is that which you reckoned,
                      and wicked is what you have taken for an exchange! You shall, by
                      Allah, find bearing it (to be a great) burden, and its consequence
                      disastrous. (That is) on the day when the cover is removed and appears
                      to you what is behind it of wrath. When you will be confronted by
                      Allah with that which you could never have expected, there will
                      perish, there and then, those who stood on falsehoods.

Although parts of Abu Bakr's speeches can not be verified with authentic
                      evidence, and despite the fact that we have already mentioned part of the
                      actual speech which Abu Bakr delivered after Lady Fatimah's (AS) arguments,
                      it appears certain that Abu Bakr was finally persuaded to submit Fadak to
                      her.

Nevertheless, when Fatimah (AS) was leaving Abu Bakr's house, Umar
                      suddenly appeared and exclaimed :

What is that you hold in your hand ?

Abu Bakr replied :

' A decree I have written for Fatimah (AS) in which I assigned
                      Fadak and her father's inheritance to her.

Umar then said :

With what will you spend on the Muslims if the Arabs decide to
                      fight you.

Umar then seized the decree and tore it up !!!

Sunni references:
                      - Seerah al Halabiyah, vol 3 p 391 -> 400
                      - Fadak in History, Murtaza Muttaheri, p 85
                      - Fatimah the Gracious, Abu Muhammad Ordoni, 217 -> 240
                      Originally posted by armughal

and even if u believe that they meant inheritance of property, why only faitma????
                      Dude had you tried to answer the questions I asked you won't be asking these questions.....
                      1. Was Fadak gifted to Bibi Fatima Zehra S.A during the lifetime of Prophet P.B.U.H. and if so ..What right did Abu Bakr had to confosicate what Prophet have given to her during her lifetime..... and than claim she can't inherit.
                      2. Why did Abu Bakr had to confiscate the Property of Bibi .. the other wives of Prophet also had houses.. Why didn't he confosicate that...
                      3. Prophet gave Bibi a Kaneez also whey didn't he confiscicate that also..why did he has to put his mouth where the money is.. Money thats being used to help poor and needy.

Comment

Originally posted by armughal

Dude had you tried to answer the questions I asked you won't be asking these questions.....
                        1. Was Fadak gifted to Bibi Fatima Zehra S.A during the lifetime of Prophet P.B.U.H. and if so ..What right did Abu Bakr had to confosicate what Prophet have given to her during her lifetime..... and than claim she can't inherit.
                        2. Why did Abu Bakr had to confiscate the Property of Bibi .. the other wives of Prophet also had houses.. Why didn't he confosicate that...
                        3. Prophet gave Bibi a Kaneez also whey didn't he confiscicate that also..why did he has to put his mouth where the money is.. Money thats being used to help poor and needy.

Comment

Texan_Dude -- Please edit your post and remove the extra tags, for better readability. Thanks
                          Bazinggaaaa ....

Comment

Texan_Dude... try reading (and hopefully understanding) Ibn Sadique's original posts... it's obvious from your replies that you haven't... your concerns - including whether Fadak was a gift - are already addressed therein

Comment

Since the article besides being very WEAK was too lengthy also therefore i will be refuting the main points only where author has tried to deviate the readers by not preseting the facts.

Originally posted by Ibn Sadique
                              1) Abu Bakr and 'Umar (radhiya Allahu 'Anhumaa) both dealt with this land as the nabi did.
                              2) Both 'Aliy and 'Abbas agreed and recognized that both Umar and Abu Bakr had done so.
                              3) Unlike the Shi'aa claim, this issue was solved in this sitting between 'Umar, Aliy and Al 'Abbas (radhiya Allahu Anhum). There is no need even to discuss the issue if it had been solved over 1,400 years ago. This goes to show that the Shi'aa are not following Ahlul Bayt as they claim. If they were they would follow in the footsteps of Aliy and Al 'Abbas and be pleased with the verdict of Abu Bakr and 'Umar.
                              1. Certainly NOT ! Abu bakar usurped the land while bringing a "new" theory that Propets did not leave inheritance while Umer in his rule HANDED over that land to
                              Ali and Abbas . The proof lies in the same hadith quoted by the author:

So, both of you said (to me), 'Hand it over to us,' and on that condition I handed it over to you. " [Volume 8, Book 80, Number 720; Kitaab Al Faraa'idh]

If Land was not to be inherited according to Abu Bakar theory then why did Umer not follow the practice of Abu Bakar ????

2. See the above reply (1).

3. This issue was not solved at all and ended in the anger of Fatima Zahra [as] to Abu Bakar , and thats the stance which Shias are still following.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 53, Number 325:
                              Narrated Ayesha(mother of the believers),'After the death of Allah's Apostle Fatima,the daughter of Allah's Apostle asked Abu Bakr As-Siddiq to give her the share of inheritance from what Allah's Apostle had left of the Fai (i.e. booty gained without fighting)which Allah had given him. Abu Bakr said to her, "the holy prophet(saww) had said, 'Our property will not be inherited, whatever we (i.e. prophets) leave is Sadaqah (to be used for charity)." Fatima, the daughter of Allah's Apostle got angry and stopped speaking to Abu Bakr, and continued assuming that attitude till she died. Fatima remained alive for six months after the death of the Holy prophet(saww).

Thus we see that this first camp had statements from the Nabi stating that there was to be no inheritance left by Him. Rather the land should be used for the support of Ahlul Bayt (which included His wives).
                              First of all the usurper camp did not have the "statements of Nabi" rather there was only one person (Abu Bakar) who claimed that he heard Prophet[s] that prophets did not leave inheritance and this statement of Abu Bakar is refuted by Quran and authentuc history of prophets therefore it cannot be deemd a prood atleast by a one who follows Quran.

Secondly, Abu Bakar neither used that land for Ahlulbait nor for the wives of Prophet. In fact the wives of Prophet [s] were too forbidden by Abu Bakar to have a share from the inheritence of Holy Prophet [s].

…. "I told 'Urwa bin Az-Zubair of this Hadeeth and he said, 'Malik bin Aus has told the truth" I heard 'Ayesha, the wife of the Prophet saying, 'The wives of the Prophet sent 'Uthman to Abu Bakr demanding from him their 1/8 of the Fai which Allah had granted to his Apostle. But I used to oppose them and say to them: Will you not fear Allah? Don't you know that the Prophet used to say: Our property is not inherited, but whatever we leave is to be given in charity?"
                              1. Sahih al Bukhari Volume 5, Book 59, Number 367Kitab al Maghaazi
                              2. Sahih Muslim Volume 3 page 72, Hukm al Fay
                              3. Sunan ibn Abu Dawood Volume 3 page 145 Bab al Fay
                              4. Sunan al Kabeera Volume 6 page 301 Kitab Fay
                              5. Muhimmal Buldan Volume 14 page 239 Dhikr Fadak
                              6. Al Bidaya wa al Nihaya Volume 5 page285 Dhikr Meeras al Nabi
                              7. Mudhaarij al Nubuwwa Volume 2 page 445 Dhikr Taqseem Meeras al Nabi
                              8. Kashaf al Ghimma Volume 2 page 42 Dhikr Meeras al Nabi
                              9. Sawaiqh al Muhriqa page 22 Dhikr Thaan Ghasb Fadak

Was Fadak A Gift to Faatimah ('alayhas Salaam)?

Some shi'aa claim that she was not seeking inheritance. Rather she was seeking it as a gift given to her by the Nabi.

There are several problems with this claim.

1) There is no authentic report from the Prophet Muhammad to state that it was a gift. Rather just statements from scholars. We do not follow statements of scholars without proof!

It clearly shows the ignorance of the author from authentic books of Islam and yet he is trying to 'refute' the claim of Fatima Zahra [as] from his limited knowledge . !oh!

Allah declares in the Holy Qur'an:

And render to the kindred their due rights, as (also) to those in want, and to the wayfarer: But squander not (your wealth) in the manner of a spendthrift.
                              Al-Qur'an, Surah 17, Ayah 26, translated by Yusufali

Note:
                              Allah who owns every thing has provided a means for his Servants to acquire some of these things. Land e.g that is acquired without fighting is Fay and the Prophet (s) is it's sole owner. He could give it to whoever he pleased, either as a gift, or by any other mode. Accordingly, when this verse was revealed he (s) gave the land of Fadak to Fatima Zahra (as) under the order of Allah. This is proven from the following authority works of Ahl'ul Sunnah:
                              1. Tafseer Durre Manthur v4, p177
                              2. Kanzul Ummal, v2, p158
                              3. Lababul Naqool, p137, Sura Isra
                              4. Tafseer-e-Mazhari, in Tafseer of above mentioned verse
                              5. Tafseer Ruh Al-Ma'ani
                              In Tafseer of above mentioned verse:

"Abu Saeed al Khudri [ra] and Abdullah Ibn Abbas [ra] narrate that when the verse relating to giving rights to kindred was revealed, the Prophet called Fatima Zahra (as) and gifted the land of Fadak to her".
                              Tafseer Dur al-Manthur, Vol. 4, page 177

2) In all of the narrations about this issue, it clearly states that she was seeking 'inheritance', not a gift.
                              The initial demand of Sayyida Fatima (as) was that Abu Bakr returns the land that had been gifted to her by her father. Sayyida Fatima (as) had the land in her possession but Abu Bakr ignored this and the written bequest of her father (s) and refused to return the land. Abu Bakr deemed the land as that of the Prophet which was in possession of his daughter held on trust as long as he (s) lived and which reverted back to the State upon his death. Sayyida Fatima (as) used this assertion to challenge Abu Bakr's right to control the land. After all he usurped the land on the basis that it belonged to the Prophet (s). Sayyida Fatima (as) was still entitled to the land as the Legal Heir so she had every right to make a claim on this basis. Abu Bakr refused her claim that the land was under her control, and he also rejected her claim that she was her father's Waris (legal heir).

3) By giving Faatimah (alayhas salaam) fadak, it would be unfair. For indeed his other daughters were alive during that time and he did not impart upon them any 'gifts'.

This fact it self serves a proof that Prophat [s] had no other biological daughters except Fatima Zahra [sa]. And for being unfair, the authentic sources claim that Holy Prophet [s] was unjust to his wives. see the lengthy story in Sahih al Muslim Bab Fadil Sahaba Book 031, Number 5984. The main thing we read in this hadith is

1.Sayyida Fatima (s) appeals on behalf of the prophet's wives that he be just to them all and not show favouritism
                              2. Rasulullah doesn't deny this to be the case, but rather says 'She is the daughter of Abu Bakr'

Now the Shari'i view on equity to wives is as follows:
                              "Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or (a captive) that your right hands possess, that will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice," (4:3)"

Rasulullah (s) was unjust to his wives giving preference to Ayesha so did he contradict the Qur'an?

We read in Sunan Abu Dawood Bab ul Nikah Book 11, Number 2128:

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: When a man has two wives and he is inclined to one of them, he will come on the Day of resurrection with a side hanging down.

In light of the tradition are we to therefore conclude that Rasulullah (s) was inclined to Ayesha more, even though this contradicted the Qur'an and Sunnah?
                              Clearly if (according to Ahl'ul Sunnah) Rasulullah (s) was unjust to his wives they can't rule out the possibility of him being unjust to his daughters also!
                              Last edited by BOY-NICE; May 28, 2005, 01:38 AM.
                              Prophet:
                              "I am FOREVER leaving amongst you TWO SUCCESSORS, they are the Book of Allah and my nearest kindred, my Ahl al-Bayt. BOTH will NEVER separate from each other ."

Comment

Working...
                              X