Split-Discussion about Irshad Manji+Ijtihad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Split-Discussion about Irshad Manji+Ijtihad

Stop following ignorant people such as Irshad manji, there isnt a thing wrong with Islam. However, some people do have issues. And why dont we start with you. What bugs you verizon saab?
    "Today in heaven they opened up a new chest dedicated to charity. It's name ?"

Re: Whats wrong with Islam or people that follow

I hardly think "ignorant" is the proper term for Irshad Manji, but it does illustrate the name calling Verizon is talking about. She is probably more educated and versed in Islam than any poster here.

Comment

I have no issues, and a few that I did have already been discussed at length. I want to hear from other guppies MQ mohtrima. Please feel free to share your insecurities that cause you to wear certain un-islamic/non-sanctioned things.
      Can you Hear me Now!! Good

Comment

Originally posted by Seminole
        I hardly think "ignorant" is the proper term for Irshad Manji, but it does illustrate the name calling Verizon is talking about. She is probably more educated and versed in Islam than any poster here.
        Thank you

Comment

I've read Irshad Manji's book. Complete waste of time. The entire book is about her whining and complaining. Instead of reforming Islam, she should leave Islam completely.

Comment

^^ SK read post #1 again. If you want to discuss Auntie Manjis book open another thread.

Comment

Ignorant when it comes to Islam. Or perhaps she chooses to be that way. The term ignorant - I am not using it to insult her, but to state that she is Ignorant : Lacking education or knowledge. Check a dictionary for the meaning of ignorant if you doubt me.

And I highly doubt if she is more educated about Islam than folks here. Reason being, just because she wrote a book doesnt mean she knows all about the subject at hand.Her title says it all. An education doesnt guarantee she is free of ignorance. But then anyone would know that.

Anyway this thread was not about her, I used her name because of the title verizon started off with.

You cant expect the correct answers if right at the start you throw in such a ridiculous thing 'trouble with Islam.'

Again I am not the one who has issues with Islam. Perhaps one of you would like to start off?

Comment

Perhaps she is lacking Madrassah education or knowledge, but she obviously has studied the scripture, culture and history of Islam. Just because her interpretation is different than yours does not make her uneducated by any stretch.

There have been enough books entitled "Islam - The Perfect Religion". That doesn't make it any more or less correct than one titled "The Trouble". It could just be just be the difference in depth the head is buried in sand.

Comment

Ignorant....I think Muslims have grossly misused this word.

Comment

MQ Ji, heve you read her book (or seen it?).

Comment

Perhaps she is lacking Madrassah education or knowledge, but she obviously has studied the scripture, culture and history of Islam. Just because her interpretation is different than yours does not make her uneducated by any stretch.

There have been enough books entitled "Islam - The Perfect Religion". That doesn't make it any more or less correct than one titled "The Trouble". It could just be just be the difference in depth the head is buried in sand.
                      Seminole Im also lacking a madrassa education. Perhaps I should go and increase my knowledge , what say you? leave the Madressa jokes out of it. If you're the type of person who likes to agree with faults that do not exist in a faith (its people - yes at times) - great. I wish you luck.

I never said she didnt study it. She used whatever she could twist around for her book. Must have taken a lot of studying! She is educated, I never denied that. But in my personal view she is still ignorant. Its possible to be ignorant even with 3 Ph.Ds.

It is not about her interpretation being different. It is the fact that she quoted out of context, twisted and used ridiculous reasons to back up her personal views.

But if you wanna discuss her, open another thread.

Again the faith is perfect - so nothing wrong with saying that in the title. The people are not. Big difference.

Madhanee -- yup. Im ready to discuss it whenever you are.
                      Last edited by Muslim_Queen; May 26, 2005, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Do you know the reading list of that book? It's longer than Khomeni's robe. She has researched very well, and I am surprised that you called her Ignorant. I doubt that you have read it. I finished it about a month ago, and I must say that it is very well written and she presents her case very well.

Comment

Whats in a book, I neither judge by its cover nor by its reading list. Researched quite well - I must agree. I must say it has some great points in it that are excellent for self reflection - and great to answer to. Only who will answer to them?

Comment

So why did you think that she is ignorant? On what grounds?

Comment

Originally posted by Muslim_Queen
                              Ignorant when it comes to Islam. Or perhaps she chooses to be that way. The term ignorant - I am not using it to insult her, but to state that she is Ignorant : Lacking education or knowledge. Check a dictionary for the meaning of ignorant if you doubt me.

And I highly doubt if she is more educated about Islam than folks here. Reason being, just because she wrote a book doesnt mean she knows all about the subject at hand.Her title says it all. An education doesnt guarantee she is free of ignorance. But then anyone would know that.

Anyway this thread was not about her, I used her name because of the title verizon started off with.

You cant expect the correct answers if right at the start you throw in such a ridiculous thing 'trouble with Islam.'

Again I am not the one who has issues with Islam. Perhaps one of you would like to start off?
                              Lacking knowledge about Islam AND believing in it and pracitising it are two different things. Manji certainly has the knowledge about Islam, she does nto believe in it and does not practice it.

Comment

Working...
                              X