Whats wrong with Islam or people that follow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats wrong with Islam or people that follow

Almost every thread in the religion section turns into name calling, my religion better than yours etc. So here I would like to capture ideas,suggestions, thoughts on why ppl/guppies view Islam that way. If you think that there is nothing wrong with Islam but it is the people that follow it or certain ppl that follow it, please add that as well.

To all the guppies that will try to counter the gripes, please feel free to counter the arguments but without dragging other beliefs or making fun of other beliefs, try to counter it using Islam and the misconceptions that ppl may have. Also please refrain from pasting Bukharis Tafsir (its too long and no one is going to read it). I am certain that Islam/Quraan has everything in it that can satisfy concerns, issues, objections that other faiths/beliefs may have.
    Can you Hear me Now!! Good

Re: Whats wrong with Islam or people that follow

Thank you Verizon Bhaijan, this is a good post. I wana see some good discussion here. Thank you again.

Comment

Originally posted by Muslim_Queen
      Seminole Im also lacking a madrassa education. Perhaps I should go and increase my knowledge , what say you? leave the Madressa jokes out of it. If you're the type of person who likes to agree with faults that do not exist in a faith (its people - yes at times) - great. I wish you luck.

Again the faith is perfect - so nothing wrong with saying that in the title. The people are not. Big difference.
      I obviously find fault with Islam becuase I am not a follower. If I felt it was perfect, I'd be a Muslim. So I'm not the type to find faults with the perfect faith, I just feel (very strongly) that Islam is not the perfect, end-all, last word from God. If a religion were perfect it wouldn't be necessary to blame the followers, because a perfect religion would take that into account. After 1400 years the followers should be closer to following the perfect religion than arguing over the permission to eat shrimp.

Comment

Seminole Bhaijan, it is said in places that Islam is a poor quality Xerox copy of Judaism and Christianity.

Comment

Originally posted by Seminole
          I obviously find fault with Islam becuase I am not a follower. If I felt it was perfect, I'd be a Muslim. So I'm not the type to find faults with the perfect faith, I just feel (very strongly) that Islam is not the perfect, end-all, last word from God. If a religion were perfect it wouldn't be necessary to blame the followers, because a perfect religion would take that into account. After 1400 years the followers should be closer to following the perfect religion than arguing over the permission to eat shrimp.
          Thank you for bringing the thread back on track. Plesae see bold above and tell me the reasons that you "feel" and why you feel that way.

Comment

Verizon, I was going to answer, but I forgot the topic....

oh yeah, I never read the book........

May want to try another thread and rename this one
            "Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." - John F. Kennedy

"Someday we gonna rise up on that wind you know
            Someday we gonna dance with those lions
            Someday we gonna break free from these chains and keep on flyin'" - flipsyde

Comment

^^ LOL I wanted to PM the mods and have them change it to Manji Bashing but I think it came back on track. talk about attention deficiency (ADD)

Comment

There are lot of 'constructive' activities, which can be performed on MANJI instead of bashing
                Bazinggaaaa ....

Comment

Verizon offcourse everyone thinks their religion is perfect, why else would they follow it? And offcourse Islam is perfect and complete.
                  Disclemer: I mispel al i watn

Comment

Seminole, will you care to explain which religion you feel strongly about? Let us be the judge, just as you judged Islam in your above post. Come on dont be shy...is it the same religion that believes in trinity, and that a man err...god's son died on a cross for your sins...talk about imperfections...if this religion was perfect god's so called son would not have to die for your sins.
                    Weather forecast for tonight: dark.

Comment

I diasgree with many of the teachings of Christianity. I disagree with even more of the teachings of Islam, but more strongly with the way it is interpreted. But I do respect, admire and aspire to the Jesus Christ of the New Testament. To go into details on why I feel Islam is not the perfect religion would change nothing, no one's mind, and would probably be interpreted as insulting, so no sense going there.

BTW, I judge Islam, Christianity and any other spiritual aspect based on my beliefs, my feelings, my relationship with God, and how I interpret that. Not from some finger wagging, holier-than-thou, I-am-right-you-are-wrong point of view.
                      Last edited by Seminole; May 26, 2005, 11:41 PM.

Comment

To go into details on why I feel Islam is not the perfect religion would change nothing, no one's mind, and would probably be interpreted as insulting, so no sense going there.
                        Aww, you should atleast give uncle verzion some beef and get into the insulting bit a little -- he should be given credit for this innovative idea of his, atleast.

Comment

there are soo many things wrong with every thing. religions are twisted, ppl are even more weirder. if I was God, i wud re-build everything from scratch and this time fix all the loop holes as well.
                          nothing is perfect in this world.
                          - I swear to drunk I am not God :-/

Comment

Allah:swt: says in Quran for Ool-ul-Albaab:

3:190 Behold! in the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the alternation of night and day,- there are indeed Signs for men of understanding (Ool-ul-Albaab)

3:191 Men who celebrate the praises of Allah, standing, sitting, and lying down on their sides, and contemplate the (wonders of) creation in the heavens and the earth, (With the thought): "Our Lord! not for naught Hast Thou created (all) this! Glory to Thee! Give us salvation from the penalty of the Fire.

3:192 "Our Lord! any whom Thou dost admit to the Fire, Truly Thou coverest with shame, and never will wrong-doers Find any helpers!

3:193 "Our Lord! we have heard the call of one calling (Us) to Faith, 'Believe ye in the Lord,' and we have believed. Our Lord! Forgive us our sins, blot out from us our iniquities, and take to Thyself our souls in the company of the righteous.

3:194 "Our Lord! Grant us what Thou didst promise unto us through Thine apostles, and save us from shame on the Day of Judgment: For Thou never breakest Thy promise."

3:195 And their Lord hath accepted of them, and answered them: "Never will I suffer to be lost the work of any of you, be he male or female: Ye are members, one of another: Those who have left their homes, or been driven out therefrom, or suffered harm in My Cause, or fought or been slain,- verily, I will blot out from them their iniquities, and admit them into Gardens with rivers flowing beneath;- A reward from the presence of Allah, and from His presence is the best of rewards."
                            ----------

and for such people of understanding and if they exist in current time as they did for many years after Prophet:saw:, Iqbal rightfully said in Jawaab-e-Shikwah (sorry for non speakers of urdu, it's in urdu):

Shor hai ho gaYe duniyaa saY MusalmaaN Naabood
                            Hum yeh kehtaY haiN thaY bhee kaheeN Muslim mojood?

Waza' maiN tum ho Nasaaraa, tau tamaddun maiN Hanood
                            yeh MusalmaaN haiN! jinhaiN dekh kaY sharmaayeN Yahood!

YouN tau Syed bhee ho, Mirzaa bhee ho, Afghan bhee ho
                            Tum sub hee kuch ho, bataao tau MusalmaaN bhee ho?

Dum-e-Taqreer thee, Muslim kee sadaaqat-e-BaYbaak
                            Ad'l uss kaa thaa qawi, Los-e-Mara'aat saY paak

Shajar-e-Fitrat-e-Muslim thaa Hayaa saY numnaak
                            Thaa shuja'at maiN woh ik hasti-e-fauq-ul-idraak

Baap ki ilm na beTay ko agar Azbar ho!
                            phir pis'r Qaabil-e-Meeraas-e-pid'r kiouNkar ho!

Har koi Ma'y-e-zoq-e-tun aasaani hai
                            Tum MusalmaaN ho? Yeh andaaz-e-Musalmaani hai?

HaYderi Fiq'r hai, naY daulat-e-Usmaani hai
                            Tum ko Aslaaf saY kiYaa nisbat-e-Roohaani hai?

Woh zamaanaY maiN mo'azziz thaY MusalmaaN ho kar
                            Aur tum khuwaar huvaY Taarik-e-QuraN ho kar
                            Quite often good things have hurtful consequences. There are instances of men who have been ruined by their money or KILLED by their COURAGE. ~Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by Anwaar Qureshi
                              Woh zamaanaY maiN mo'azziz thaY MusalmaaN ho kar
                              Aur tum khuwaar huvaY Taarik-e-QuraN ho kar
                              Focus not on who you are but what you do...
                              ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

Working...
                              X