peace of mind......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

peace of mind......

The recent events in my life have had a deep impact on me... and sometimes when driving down some roads, i am so deep in thought that i cant remember going down there! its pretty scary

eveyday, from the time i wake up in the morning, till night time, all i think of is what happened to me,(over the last year)

i wonder if any religious guppies know if there is something religious, i can recite(to give me peace of mind), whilst doing everyday stuff? apart from reading The Quran and namaaz
    If u have nothing to do..........
    ...........then don't do it here!!

-unknown

Re: peace of mind......

meeni - I just responding as I have some free time on hand. I am sure that other posters will have much better 'advise' for you than me.

You must realise that life is never constant; it always dishes out surprises whether good or bad. Some unfortunately get more of the bad than the good.

If you face your ‘difficulties’ with patience and firm resolute that it was with Allah (saw)’s Will that the difficulties came your way and it will only be Him who will remove them from you, it will become a lot easier for you to bear your present situation.

Praying and reciting Quran without the above will not help you.

I am just quoting a few ayahs from the Quran, read them and try to get the essence of the message.

'But give good news to those who are patient, who, when a calamity strikes them, say: 'Indeed we belong to God and indeed to Him we shall be returning: They are those on whom are blessings from their Sustainer, and mercy-and those, they are the rightly-guided. (2: 155-157).

'God desires ease for you, and desires not hardship' (2:185);

'God will assuredly appoint, after difficulty; easiness' (65:7);

'Truly with hardship comes ease' (94: 6);

When any human gets into ‘troubles’ he thinks that it is only him that has all the difficulties and forgets that there are thousands of millions who are much worse off than him with no hope of relief and end to their wretchedness.

There is a hadith of the Prophet (saw) to the effect that we should look at the unfortunate ones around us, who may be suffering from permanent ill-health, utter poverty, living in a country where there is no peace but war.

If you do so, you will be at ease that your ‘problems’ are manageable.

I got the following for you from the Net.

This too will pass...

Once a king called upon all of his wise men and asked them,

" Is there such a thing which works in every situation, in every circumstances, in every place and in every time. Something which can help me when none of you is available to advise me. Tell me is there any such thing?"

All wise men got puzzled by King's question. One answer for all question? Something that works everywhere, in every situation? In every joy every sorrow, every defeat and every victory?

They thought and thought. After a lengthy discussion, an old man suggested something which appealed to all of them. They went to king and gave him something written on paper. But the condition was that king was not to see it out of curiosity. Only in extreme danger, when the King finds himself alone and there seems to be no way, only then he'll have to see it. The King put the papers under his Diamond ring.

After a few days, the neighbors attack the Kingdom. It was a collective surprise attack of King's enemies. King and his army fought bravely but lost the battle. King had to flee on his horse. The enemies were following him. His horse took him far away in Jungle. He could hear many troops of horses were following him and the noise was coming closer and closer. Suddenly the King found himself standing in the end of the road - that road was not going anywhere. Underneath there was a rocky valley thousand feet deep. If he jumped into it, he would be finished…and he could not return because it was a small road…From back the sound of enemy's horses was approaching fast. King became restless. There seemed to be no way.

Then suddenly he saw the Diamond in his ring shining in the sun, and he remembered the message hidden in the ring. He opened the diamond and read the message. The message was very small but very great.

The message was - “This too will pass."

The King read it . Again read it. Suddenly something strike in his mind- Yes! it too will pass. Only a few days ago, I was enjoying my kingdom. I was the mightiest of all the Kings. Yet today, the Kingdom and all his pleasure have gone. I am here trying to escape from enemies. However when those days of luxuries have gone, this day of danger too will pass. Calm come on his face. He kept standing there. The place where he was standing was full of natural beauty.

He had never known that such a beautiful place was also a part of his Kingdom. The revelation of message had a great effect on him. He relaxed and forget about those following him. After a few minute he realized that the noise of the horses and the enemy coming was receding. They moved into some other part of the mountains and were not on that path.

The King was very brave. He reorganized his army and fought again. He defeated the enemy and regained his lost empire. When he returned to his empire after victory, he was received with much fan fare at the door. The whole capital was rejoicing in the victory. Everyone was in a festive mood. Flowers were being thrown on King from every house, from every corner. People were dancing and singing. For a moment King said to himself," I am one of the bravest and greatest King. It is not easy to defeat me.: With all the reception and celebration he saw an ego emerging in him.

Suddenly the Diamond of his ring flashed in the sunlight and reminded him of the message. He opened it and read it again: "This too will pass"

He became silent. His face went through a total change -from the egoist he moved to a state of utter humbleness.

If this too is going to pass, it is not yours.
    The defeat was not yours, the victory is not yours.
    You are just a watcher. Everything passes by

We are witness of all this. We are the perceiver. Life comes and goes. Happiness comes and goes. Sorrow comes and goes.

Now as you have read this story, just sit silently and evaluate your own life. This too will pass. Think of the moments of joy and victory in your life. Think of the moment of Sorrow and defeat. Are they permanent? They all come and pass away. Life just passes away.

There were friends in past. They all have gone.
    There are friends today. They too will go.
    There will be new friends tomorrow. They too will go.

There were enemies in past. They have gone.
    There may be enemy in present. They too will go.
    There will be new enemies tomorrow and......they too will go.

There is nothing permanent in this world. Every thing changes except the law of change. Think over it from your own perspective. You have seen all the changes. You have survived all setbacks, all defeats and all sorrows. All have passed away. If there are problems in the present, they too will pass away. Because nothing remains forever. Joy and sorrow are the two faces of the same coin.

Comment

Ibn Sadique, thanks thats a good xample, I do read namaaz and recite The Quran, i know i'll get over it.

its just the thought of forgetting everthing and going through the stage in order to forget what happened

-unknown

Comment

that was a good story, thanks for sharing.

Comment

meeni, remember the six pillars of Imaan, one of them is believing in 'qadr'...
          well it might put your mind to ease to know it was all written and was a test..

Comment

Originally posted by MyStiCaL_MisS
            meeni, remember the six pillars of Imaan, one of them is believing in 'qadr'...
            well it might put your mind to ease to know it was all written and was a test..

sorry, MM u've lost me
            kiya matlab??

-unknown

Comment

meeni, what i meant is, there are six pillars of iman(faith), one of them is believing in predestiny, that everything is written. And the hardships we face are tests from Allah to test our iman.
              ----

It is reported on the authority of ‘Umar b. al-Khattab that he said:

“One day, while we were sitting with Rasulallah (s), a man appeared before us. His garments were sparkling white; his hair the darkest black. No signs of travel appeared on him. None of us recognized him. He went to the Prophet (s) and sat in front of him, placing his knees before [the Prophet’s] knees. He also placed his hands upon the Prophet’s thighs, saying: ‘Muhammad, What is Islam?’
              Rasulallah, (s), replied, saying: ‘Islam is to testify that there is no deity save Allah and that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah; to establish regular prayer; to give regular alms; to fast Ramadan; and, to visit Allah’s House as a pilgrim, if you are able.’
              The stranger said, ‘You speak the truth.’
              ‘Umar said: We were amazed that he would ask him [a question], then tell him he was truthful!
              The stranger said: ‘Muhammad, what is faith?’
              "Rasulallah replied, saying: ‘Faith is to believe in Allah, His angels, His books, His messengers, the Last Day, and to believe in [the Divine] Power, its good and its ill.’
              The stranger said: ‘You speak the truth.’ Then, he said: ‘What is Ihsan?’
              Rasulallah replied, saying: ‘Ihsan is to serve Allah as though you see Him, but if you see Him not, then [to serve Him knowing] He sees you.'
              The stranger said: ‘You speak the truth.’ Then, he said: ‘Can you inform me about the Hour?’
              Rasulallah replied, saying: ‘The questioned knows no more about it then the questioner.’
              The stranger said: ‘Then tell me of its signs.’
              Rasulallah said: ‘[Among] its signs are that the slave woman shall give birth to her mistress, and that the poor, naked and barefoot, the herders of sheep, shall compete in raising tall buildings.’
              The stranger tarried but a moment before departing. The Prophet (s) said to me: ‘ ‘Umar, do you know who was the questioner?’ I replied that Allah and His Messenger knew better.
              Rasulallah (s) said: ‘This is Jibril. He came to teach you your religion.’”

This hadith, or versions similar to it, is transmitted in several of the famous collections of hadith, including Muslim and Tirmidhi.
              here

Comment

Working...
              X