Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kissing one's eyes when hearing the name of the Prophet (SAW)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kissing one's eyes when hearing the name of the Prophet (SAW)

Ruling on kissing one's eyes when hearing the name of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)

Question :

Some imams said that on listening to the name of the holy prophet, one should kiss his eyes while others said that its meaningless. Your views please i'll wait for the reply.

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

What is prescribed for the Muslim when hearing the name of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is to venerate him and show respect by sending blessings and salaams upon him.

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “May his nose be rubbed in the dust, a man in whose presence I am mentioned and he does not send blessings upon me.” Narrated and classed as hasan by al-Tirmidhi, 3545; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Irwa’ al-Ghaleel, 6.

It was narrated from al-Husayn ibn ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib (may Allaah be pleased with them both) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The miser is the one in whose presence I am mentioned and he does not send blessings upon me.” Narrated and classed as hasan by al-Tirmidhi, 3546; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Irwa’ al-Ghaleel, 5.

With regard to kissing one’s eyes when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is mentioned, perhaps what is meant by that is kissing the thumbs and placing them on the eyes. That is an innovation (bid’ah). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever does an action that is not in accordance with this matters of ours will have it rejected.” Narrated by Muslim, 1718. And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Beware of newly-invented matters, for every newly-invented matter is an innovation, and every innovation is a going astray.” Narrated by Abu Dawood, 4607; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

What the Muslim should do is to avoid innovations and beware of them; he should strive to follow the Qur’aan and Sunnah, without adding anything or taking anything away, for Allaah has perfected this religion:

“This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion”

[al-Maa'idah 5:3]

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not die until he had conveyed the message from his Lord in full. He did not leave anything good but he enjoined it upon us, and he did not leave anything bad but he forbade it to us and warned us against it. May the blessings and peace of my Lord be upon him.

And Allaah knows best.

http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...QR=68837&dgn=4

Re: Kissing one's eyes when hearing the name of the Prophet (SAW)

[QUOTE=Sadiyah
    Some imams said that on listening to the name of the holy prophet, one should kiss his eyes while others said that its meaningless. Your views please i'll wait for the reply.

[/QUOTE]

I think this is meaningless...all u have to do when u hear Holy Prophet SAW name is u just say "peace and blessing be upon him" either loud or in ur heart.
    Patta patta boota boota haal hamaara jaane hai
    Jaane na jaane gul he na jaane, baagh to saara jaane hai

Comment

in southern asia this is very popular even here in england i see ppl in mosques kissing their nails on their thumb's and then placing the thumbs on their eye's.

i have read how it's bidat but for me it's bidat-e-hasnah. it's done with the intention to show respect for haz' mohammed-e-mustapha [:saw:]

misaal kai taur parr, just like building a concrete masjid is bidat-e-hasnah but the intention is do get sawaab so nothing wrong with it. the salafi's for 1 seem to label everything bidat.

inna malo biniyaat

Comment

Kiss the eye is the old tradition thought by Sufis and according to them the reasons why they do that is

When Prophet SAW name is mentioned then one should kiss the Thumb Nails and recite Darood Ibrahimi and then touch the Thumb Nails to eys and say "Qurrat - Aynee Rasool Allah".

According to them it was done by Prophet Adam AS when he was shown the picture of Prophet SAW in his thumb Nails.

Wallah Aa'lam
        There is always a moral in every story

Comment

Originally posted by Bookworm
          Kiss the eye is the old tradition thought by Sufis and according to them the reasons why they do that is

When Prophet SAW name is mentioned then one should kiss the Thumb Nails and recite Darood Ibrahimi and then touch the Thumb Nails to eys and say "Qurrat - Aynee Rasool Allah".

According to them it was done by Prophet Adam AS when he was shown the picture of Prophet SAW in his thumb Nails.

Wallah Aa'lam
          that is exactly what i have heard from my friend who is in the sufi silsila. he said when haz' adam [:as:] heard about the love allah subhanah wa ta'allah had for haz. mohammed-e-mustapha [:saw:], they {haz' adam} asked allah to write 'allah' and 'mohammed' on their 2 thumbs' so they could send blessings upon the finest of creations by kissing their thumbs nails and placing them on their eye lids'....

don't know how much of this is true but i remember being told this.

Comment

I thought I should post the other side's (sufis and barelwis) view as well. Here it goes:

Source: http://www.sunnipath.com/resources/Q...QA00004855.pdf

From Mulla Ali al-Qari’s
            Al-Asrar al-Marfu'a fil-Akhbar al-Mawdua
            Translation and Notes GF Haddad – Shawwal 1425
            __________________________________________________ ____
            Wiping the eyes with the index fingers after kissing them upon hearing the caller to prayer say: “I bear witness that Mu^ammad is the Messenger of Allah,” at the same time repeating these words and adding: “I am pleased with Allah as my Lord, with Islam as my Religion, and with Muhammad oe as my Prophet. Al-DaylamÏ related in the Firdaws from Abu Bakr al-siddÏq [ra] that the Prophet :saw: said:

“Whoever does this, my intercession will definitely take place for him.”

Al-Sakhawi said:

Inauthentic. Shaykh Ahmad al-Raddad cited it in his book Mujibat al-Rahma [wa-Azaim al-Maghfira] with a broken chain containing unknown narrators from al-Khadir :as:. In fact, everything related on this chapter is inauthentic as attributed to the Prophet :saw:.

If it can only be established as a saying of the Abu Bakr al-siddÏq [ra] it would be enough as a basis for practice because of the Prophet’s saying :saw:
            “You must follow my Sunna and the Sunna of my Rightly-Guided Successors.” 1

It was also said: “It is neither done nor forbidden and its strangeness is no secret to those endowed with intelligence.”2

Comment

Originally posted by ramyssysIX

If it can only be established as a saying of the Abu Bakr al-siddÏq [ra]...
              'if' being the operative word... by all accounts it is not at all established as a saying even of Abu Bakr (r), let alone to the Prophet (saw)

Comment

In our village the elder women would say "Qurban jaoun Rasool-Allah :saw: pe" on hearing his name during Adhaan, is that a Bid'ah too?

Comment

^ there is nothing wrong in saying that, that for me would again be bidah-e-hasnah. something here is being said in praise of the finest of creations haz. mohammed-e-mustapha [:saw:]

Comment

Ranjhan, is this something that Prophet Muhammad (SAW) or any of his companions did every time they heard adhan?

Comment

Originally posted by #let uz chat#
                      ^ there is nothing wrong in saying that, that for me would again be bidah-e-hasnah. something here is being said in praise of the finest of creations haz. mohammed-e-mustapha [:saw:]
                      luc, I have read in Fazail-e-Aamal on several places Sahaba used to say 'ya rasool Allah mere maan baap aap pay qurban' specially when replying back off a question.
                      charah saazon se alag hai mayar mera kay main
                      zakham khaaonga tou kuch aur nikhar jaaonga

Comment

exactly amaloun ka daromadar niyat pai hai, the uptight arabs can keep saying bidah this, bidah that... if praising the finest of creations for arguments sake is bidat, then i'm going to continue doing so till the end of time and keep earning sawaab.

Comment

there is no such thing as "bidah hasana"our beloved Prophet(saw) said "every innovation is misguidance" so how can 1 turn arnd n say its a good bidah?

Comment

salafi,
                            during the time of the Prophet (saw), there was no fatha damma kasra or nukta. Qa and Fa were the same. These were added 100 yrs after the death of the prophet. So i would suggest that you pick up an Uthmani Quran and start reading that. Leave the bidah hasana to us.

Comment

^-- is the fatha damma kasra nukta part of your worship? Do you aim to recieve sawab for it when you follow it??

Bidah hasana, by the definition of some is, a good thing in religion, and the person who starts it, and those who follow it recieve 'rewards' for it. Those who add the pronounciation marks do it to ease reading, not to earn sawab.

Comment

Working...
                              X