Shiite and Sunni Muslims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shiite and Sunni Muslims

You guys, please don't start fighting in this thread. I just wanted to get some answers, so don't get this thread locked, ok? Thanks.

Does the Quran or and of the Hadiths say anything about Islam having two sects (Shiite and Sunni)?

If not, then why do we still continue to say that we are following everything directly from the Quran, when we refer to ourselves as Shiite or Sunni? I realize that we have different beliefs, but shouldn't we just go about practicing Islam to the best of our knowledge, rather than coming up with ways to split apart Islam?

Re: Shiite and Sunni Muslims

Every religion has to go through such divisions. Human nature
    !!! World's Shortest Giant !!!
    (A Man and a Half)

Comment

Yea, but Islam is not LIKE every other religion. It's the only religion with every bit of truth in it. Are we really going to corrupt ourselves in splitting up, like all the other religions?

Comment

There is no difference in basics of beliefs. There is difference of opinion in the matter of succession, which is not bad if done in civilized manner. The rest of the filth which makes it look ugly is sheer ignorance. May Allah save us from ignorance and bestow his guidance upon us .ameen
        Bazinggaaaa ....

Comment

According to the Traditions, Muhammad predicted that his followers would become divided into seventy-three sects, every one of whom would go to hell, except one sect, the religion professed by himself and his companions. However the number of Islamic sects, now over 150, has far exceeded Muhammad's prediction

it can help u to understand different sects in islam
          http://www.muslimhope.com/SectsOfIslam.htm
          Wise people talk because they have something to say
          fool people talk because they have to say something

Comment

^^ I wouldn't say that they would all go to hell. If they have the intentions of following Islam and the Prophet's (PBUH) teachings, then they very well might make it to Heaven. It depends on your ni'at.

Comment

Originally posted by Code_Red
              There is no difference in basics of beliefs. There is difference of opinion in the matter of succession, which is not bad if done in civilized manner. The rest of the filth which makes it look ugly is sheer ignorance. May Allah save us from ignorance and bestow his guidance upon us .ameen
              Ameen

Comment

what about me girls.. i am a hindu.. would i go to heaven or hell..
                If so tell me how many of u would i meet there in heaven or hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnished_Stone
                  According to the Traditions, Muhammad predicted that his followers would become divided into seventy-three sects, every one of whom would go to hell
                  I really dont know that why inspite of my saying that I am not gonna be involved in any such arguments, why do I still do it, remember you said that the Prophet PBUH, said that Islam would be divided into 73 FIRQAS, and then you go on to say EVERY ONE OF WHOM WOULD GO TO HELL, and then you add EXCEPT the SUNNIS what is this except about, look I have already said in an earlier Post, where a ton of people have questioned my Beliefs, I AM A NON PRACTISING SHIA. do you get it.

Religion is nothing but a matter of belief, because you just happened to be born a MUSLIM or CHRISTIAN or a HINDU, or a YAHUDI, or a SIKH or for that matter an ATHEIST. ( lets not forget we are talking by birth, not choice)

In that case it is a shame if we blame any other Religion for our discomforts

Unfortunately that includes your BELIEFS TOO, Sorry but its the truth!!!!!!!

And you know what dont even bother replying, coz either I am Gonna Cuss you or Ignore you, neither is helping you.

KHUDA HAFIZ.

Aejaz

Comment

^Calm down jee. There is no point in doing either.

Does the Quran or and of the Hadiths say anything about Islam having two sects (Shiite and Sunni)?

As for the original question phatima1, no there were no sects mentioned in the Quran or Hadith - none that I know of - I am not too sure. ANyway there were no sects in the Prophet's (SAW) time. I think instead of saying who is right and who is wrong, perhaps it could be a lot more helpful to follow Sunnah, the way of the Prophet (SAW) , as he was the example sent down to mankind.
                    "Today in heaven they opened up a new chest dedicated to charity. It's name ?"

Comment

Originally posted by Muslim_Queen
                      ^Calm down jee. There is no point in doing either.

As for the original question phatima1, no there were no sects mentioned in the Quran or Hadith - none that I know of - I am not too sure. ANyway there were no sects in the Prophet's (SAW) time. I think instead of saying who is right and who is wrong, perhaps it could be a lot more helpful to follow Sunnah, the way of the Prophet (SAW) , as he was the example sent down to mankind.
                      A Humble and Begging request,

MQ JEE please I do beg please do read my post again,

ITS JUST A HUMBLE REQUEST PLEASE PLEASE.

Comment

Aejaz your post was quite informative and relevant. I was simply referring to the "Gonna Cuss " part when I mentioned calm down. Now now dont yell, I already have a headache.
                        "Today in heaven they opened up a new chest dedicated to charity. It's name ?"

Comment

Hey you guys please just stop it right there ok? Didn't you read the first line in the first post of this thread that I wrote?!

Aejaz - Thankyou for your reply. I agree. It's not just one sect of Muslims that will be making it to heaven.

Comment

I think, but I am not sure, if all Muslims are put into heaven together, they will mess it up there too. Look what they are doing here on this earth? Open your eyes you morons. Look at the state of Muslim ocuntries. You want heaven to look like Sudan?

Comment

youN tau Syed bhee ho, Mirza bhee ho, Afghan bhee ho
                              Tum Sub hee kuch ho, bataao tau Musalmaan bhee ho??
                              Quite often good things have hurtful consequences. There are instances of men who have been ruined by their money or KILLED by their COURAGE. ~Aristotle

Comment

Working...
                              X