Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Islamic Position on Human Flesh/Pork

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    What is the Islamic Position on Human Flesh/Pork

    I often wondered this paradox when I was a teenager. I would say that if I was stranded on an island, I would rather die than eat pork or survive on someone's softer bits. Now that I'm older and value life more, I'm not so sure. After all, Islam values life above death, and aircraft accident survivors who resorted to cannibalism at least have a life afterwards.

    What are the views of learned guppies.
    No jokes please, just serious observations supported by source.

    #2
    Re: What is the Islamic Position on Human Flesh/Pork

    It is allowed for saving one's life. Simple.
    Bazinggaaaa ....

    Comment


      #3
      Re: What is the Islamic Position on Human Flesh/Pork

      "He has only forbidden you what dies of itself, and blood, and flesh of swine, and that over which any other (name) than (that of) Allah has been invoked; but whoever is driven to necessity, not desiring, nor exceeding the limit, no sin shall be upon him; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful." (Qur'an 2:173)

      Comment


        #4
        Re: What is the Islamic Position on Human Flesh/Pork

        many muslims have asked me the justification for not eating pork. I normally say because it is a dirty animal, eats anything, has diseases, and some other justifcations but some times they counter the argument by saying that "ok now the pork is bred in farms, and extra care is taken that it maintains a good diet and is clean". I also tell them that one of the other reasons why it is haram is that it engages in sex with mutiple partners at the same time...is it true? pls help me in totally understanding why it is haraam....
        Oh, everything's too damned expensive these days. This Bible cost 15 bucks! And talk about a preachy book! Everybody's a sinner! Except this guy.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: What is the Islamic Position on Human Flesh/Pork

          Errr... because God states, clearly and catagorically in the Quran, that we shouldn't?

          When something is stated that clearly, why should we even bother to understand why?

          It's like, why should we pray? The answer is that God clearly says we should.
          Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
          Al-Ghazali

          Comment


            #6
            Re: What is the Islamic Position on Human Flesh/Pork

            i know that and understand that but people who eat pork don't buy that...all i need is some clear justifications so that I have enough information when I back our belief up in front of them
            Oh, everything's too damned expensive these days. This Bible cost 15 bucks! And talk about a preachy book! Everybody's a sinner! Except this guy.

            Comment


              #7
              Re: What is the Islamic Position on Human Flesh/Pork

              ^^

              Don't worry about who's buying it or not...Just tell them it's forbidden for you to eat pork...I mean, will they stuff pork down your throat?

              I once asked a priest, why is it that Christians eat pork while the Bible clearly forbids them too...

              To which he replied, is that because Paul had a vision in which he was shown all the animals fit for consumption, and he was shown the pig three times...

              To which I said, who is Paul? Is he a Prophet? Is he a son of god? Is he god? What authority is he to permit what God had forbidden?

              To which he me gave a half-smile and said I should read the Bible...Good suggestion, except that I already have...
              Focus not on who you are but what you do...
              ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

              Comment


                #8
                Re: What is the Islamic Position on Human Flesh/Pork

                Lajawab:

                I would love to have the reference from Bible handy for myself where pork is forbidden. Can you provide me that please?
                Quite often good things have hurtful consequences. There are instances of men who have been ruined by their money or KILLED by their COURAGE. ~Aristotle

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: What is the Islamic Position on Human Flesh/Pork

                  Originally posted by Anwaar Qureshi
                  Lajawab:

                  I would love to have the reference from Bible handy for myself where pork is forbidden. Can you provide me that please?

                  Absolutely...

                  Deuteronomy:
                  14:8 And the swine, because he parteth the hoof but cheweth not the cud, he is unclean unto you: of their flesh ye shall not eat, and their carcasses ye shall not touch.

                  Leviticus:
                  11:7 And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he [is] unclean to you.
                  11:8 Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they [are] unclean to you.

                  Isaiah:
                  65:2 I have spread out my hands all the day unto a rebellious people, which walketh in a way [that was] not good, after their own thoughts;
                  65:3 A people that provoketh me to anger continually to my face; that sacrificeth in gardens, and burneth incense upon altars of brick;
                  65:4 Which remain among the graves, and lodge in the monuments, which eat swine's flesh, and broth of abominable [things is in] their vessels;
                  65:5 Which say, Stand by thyself, come not near to me; for I am holier than thou. These [are] a smoke in my nose, a fire that burneth all the day.


                  Let me know if you need more...
                  Focus not on who you are but what you do...
                  ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: What is the Islamic Position on Human Flesh/Pork

                    Cool

                    I will love to have ALL the references

                    YES!!!!!

                    Quite often good things have hurtful consequences. There are instances of men who have been ruined by their money or KILLED by their COURAGE. ~Aristotle

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: What is the Islamic Position on Human Flesh/Pork

                      Also, what is the position of St. Paul in Christianity?
                      Quite often good things have hurtful consequences. There are instances of men who have been ruined by their money or KILLED by their COURAGE. ~Aristotle

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: What is the Islamic Position on Human Flesh/Pork

                        Originally posted by Lajawab
                        Absolutely...

                        Deuteronomy:
                        14:8 And the swine, because he parteth the hoof but cheweth not the cud, he is unclean unto you: of their flesh ye shall not eat, and their carcasses ye shall not touch.

                        Leviticus:
                        11:7 And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he [is] unclean to you.
                        11:8 Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they [are] unclean to you.

                        Isaiah:
                        65:2 I have spread out my hands all the day unto a rebellious people, which walketh in a way [that was] not good, after their own thoughts;
                        65:3 A people that provoketh me to anger continually to my face; that sacrificeth in gardens, and burneth incense upon altars of brick;
                        65:4 Which remain among the graves, and lodge in the monuments, which eat swine's flesh, and broth of abominable [things is in] their vessels;
                        65:5 Which say, Stand by thyself, come not near to me; for I am holier than thou. These [are] a smoke in my nose, a fire that burneth all the day.


                        Let me know if you need more...
                        cool thanks a lot for these references they help a lot lajjo
                        Oh, everything's too damned expensive these days. This Bible cost 15 bucks! And talk about a preachy book! Everybody's a sinner! Except this guy.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: What is the Islamic Position on Human Flesh/Pork

                          Originally posted by Lajawab
                          ^^

                          Don't worry about who's buying it or not...Just tell them it's forbidden for you to eat pork...I mean, will they stuff pork down your throat?

                          I once asked a priest, why is it that Christians eat pork while the Bible clearly forbids them too...

                          To which he replied, is that because Paul had a vision in which he was shown all the animals fit for consumption, and he was shown the pig three times...

                          To which I said, who is Paul? Is he a Prophet? Is he a son of god? Is he god? What authority is he to permit what God had forbidden?

                          To which he me gave a half-smile and said I should read the Bible...Good suggestion, except that I already have...
                          lajjo its not abt me i have been on pork debates with people many times...and i end up telling them that because its my religion..but thanks for ur help
                          Oh, everything's too damned expensive these days. This Bible cost 15 bucks! And talk about a preachy book! Everybody's a sinner! Except this guy.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: What is the Islamic Position on Human Flesh/Pork

                            Originally posted by Anwaar Qureshi
                            Also, what is the position of St. Paul in Christianity?
                            St. Paul is in Catholicism...This Paul is different...The believers of this Paul consider Catholics to be non-Christians...

                            Corinthians 10:25

                            [25] Eat whatever is sold in the meat market without raising any question on the ground of conscience.


                            http://www.bigissueground.com/atheis...stianity.shtml

                            A detailed article about Paul...


                            Homer: No probs...
                            Focus not on who you are but what you do...
                            ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: What is the Islamic Position on Human Flesh/Pork

                              it always puzzles me why some things mentioned in the Koran are rationalized in the context of the time period, like grown men marrying pre-pubescent girls or slavery, but other things like eating pork are not.

                              Anyone with the capacity for rational thought must recognize that this appears in the various religious texts because trychinosis made pork unsafe food to eat during that time period.

                              Why is it not acceptable to ask "why" in Islam.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X