daughter marrying without guardian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

daughter marrying without guardian

can she? what if the guardian never acted like her guardian her entire life & was not even bothered to look for a suitable match for her even daughter told all the mehrams to marry her with someone suitable? Some say that it will be a haram if the daughter marries without guardian, her guardian should be present or something like that. If fathre neverr acted like father then wont make him lose all his guardianship to begin with? You have to act like a guardian to be one. If such nikah is not valid then what a daughter can do? never get married like ever cuz her mehram are bunch of begairats? ya phir bhaar me ja ke mar jaye

For any adult girl, do we even have a condition to get married only in front of guardian/parent? I dont think so. Never heard of it. IMHO as long as you are adult and you have adult/sane witnesses you can get married even without the approval of your guardian. The nikah will be very much valid.
    Attitude is more important than facts.
    "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

I have heard the same, nikaah without guardian is not valid. You need to consult someone who has proper knowledge of the book, i mean ulmaa etc and i dont think there is any alim on gupshup.
      In my opinion if the guardian is not doing his job deliberately or without any VALID reason, it does open up a narrow window for the adult to do the nikkah according to the rules of ISLAM minus the presence of guardian. But that's my personal opinion, only a subject expert or an Alim can guide you on this after knowing your situation.
      psyah has a solid grasp on religious issues, but have not seen him for a long time.
      Last edited by Pakistani Prince; 1 week ago.

Comment

Was permission asked and it was denied? What were the reasons for denial?

As far as I know permission of woman's father is a must with very few exceptions.

Comment

For any adult person, male or female, no permission should be needed. The concept of 'wali' should considered as an optional representative instead of a mandatory guardian.

Comment

Originally posted by krash View Post
            For any adult person, male or female, no permission should be needed.
            In the US a person who wishes to marry must obtain license to marry first. That is to seek permission from the state. Most Islamic centers in US won't perform nikah without that permission. I think you wouldn't have any objection to that law.

Comment

Originally posted by decentGuy View Post

In the US a person who wishes to marry must obtain license to marry first. That is to seek permission from the state. Most Islamic centers in US won't perform nikah without that permission. I think you wouldn't have any objection to that law.
              I absolutely oppose this law.

Comment

Working...
              X