Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious ERROR on Ashton Central Mosque Website needs Correction!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serious ERROR on Ashton Central Mosque Website needs Correction!

What is the root of revision?

The word revised comes from the Latin word revisere, which means "look at again, or visit again." When you revise something, this is exactly what happens.
    Last edited by SindSagar; 2 weeks ago.
    Balaghal-ula bi-kamaalihi / Kashafad-duja bi-jamaalihi / Hasunat jameeu khisaalihi / Sallu alaihi wa aalihi

I have a genuine fear of mosques when it comes to the UK, I choose to pray at my place of residence, be it a hotel room, or anywhere that isn't a mosque or Islamic center. "Them lot" over there are so incredibly in ikhtelaf with each other, its bonkers. Each mosque calling the other out, kaafir labels being handed out left and right, while all of them are knee deep in bid'3ah, basically exactly what our mosques are like in the motherland.

The irony of it all is, that these molvis give dars on the life of a man who was an Arab, who's entire life was documented in Arabic, the book he promoted was written in Arabic, yet they themselves cannot speak an ounce of Arabic.
    "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

Originally posted by a7mado View Post
      I have a genuine fear of mosques when it comes to the UK, I choose to pray at my place of residence, be it a hotel room, or anywhere that isn't a mosque or Islamic center. "Them lot" over there are so incredibly in ikhtelaf with each other, its bonkers. Each mosque calling the other out, kaafir labels being handed out left and right, while all of them are knee deep in bid'3ah, basically exactly what our mosques are like in the motherland.

The irony of it all is, that these molvis give dars on the life of a man who was an Arab, who's entire life was documented in Arabic, the book he promoted was written in Arabic, yet they themselves cannot speak an ounce of Arabic.
      You are correct in some observations like "ikhtelafaat", However you are wrong about Moulvi Sahiban not knowing Arabic! All those who attend and study at a bonafide Madrassa have to Speak Arabic in addition to read and write Arabic!
      They have to because ALL Religious Books are in Arabic..
      Balaghal-ula bi-kamaalihi / Kashafad-duja bi-jamaalihi / Hasunat jameeu khisaalihi / Sallu alaihi wa aalihi

Comment

I have managed to get the e-mail addresses of all the Trustees of this Masjid and sent them'all the correction!

Comment

The discrepancy does not exist!

All is well that ends Well!...
          Last edited by SindSagar; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Kudos on getting the correction, I wasn't expecting it to be this easy.
            "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

Originally posted by SindSagar View Post
              The discrepancy does not exist!

All is well that ends Well!...
              Hats off to you
              Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

wow, OP you made the change happen. Take a bow!
                Attitude is more important than facts.
                "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

I missed this. What was the error that was corrected?

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
                    wow, OP you made the change happen. Take a bow!
                    NOT QUITE! I owe every one an Explanation Folks a7mado ; LP ; SID_NY and Also krash
                    I missed this. What was the error that was corrected?
                    It was all a Question of semantics...........

so the word used by Ashton Mosque in one of their Ramadan Guides was "REVISE", where as I felt they should use the word "RECITE" instead....

Going to the Latin source of word "revise" is
                    from the Latin word revisere, which means "look at again, or visit again." When you revise something, this is exactly what happens.

IT does not necessarily mean "to change"............

see the slide below!

So the Mosque decided not to change the word to "recite".........

Click image for larger version  Name:	ReciteNOTRevise.JPG Views:	0 Size:	79.1 KB ID:	16697092
                    Last edited by SindSagar; 1 week ago.

Comment

But the most pleasant thing is you made them realize the mistake by doing the right thing ie. contacting them and pointing it out. A very sensible way. Good job there.
                      Attitude is more important than facts.
                      "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Working...
                      X