Zakat question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zakat question

Some friend borrowed money from me, so should I count that money too when giving zakat or should I not? At the end of the day that money is coming back to me but right now its with someone else. So whats the ruling on that?

Whenever I lent money to friends or relatives it never came back

Comment

So here are the Guidances/rulings for giving Zakat:

ZAKAT given to Needy!
      Almighty in the Quran. 8 Kinds of People Who Can Accept Zakat.
      In Surah Al-Tawbah, (9:60), it is said “Indeed, charitable offerings are meant to be given to the poor and the indigent, and to those who work on [administering] it, and to those whose hearts are to be reconciled, and to [free] those in bondage, and to the debt-ridden, and for the cause of God, and to the wayfarer. [This is] an obligation from God. And God is all-knowing, all-wise.”

To be eligible to receive zakat, the recipient must be poor and/or needy. A poor person is someone whose property, in excess of his basic requirements, does not reach the nisab threshold. The recipient must not belong to your immediate family; your spouse, children, parents and grandparents cannot receive your zakat.

Who are entitled to receive zakat according to the Quran?
      Who converted to Islam. Those who are newly converted to Islam are eligible to receive zakat (if they are needy). For example, if someone has converted and is detached from their family and friends, you can give your zakat to them so that they can start their new journey.

Can a wife give her Zakat to her husband to clear his debts? and on Banu Hashim. Answer: ... So in conclusion we can say that it is permissible a slong as she does not get any direct or indirect benefit from paying the zakat to her husband.
      (AND NOW WE KNOW THE REASON WHY BOBBY1 has more than ONE!) .........ISTRI...

Balaghal-ula bi-kamaalihi / Kashafad-duja bi-jamaalihi / Hasunat jameeu khisaalihi / Sallu alaihi wa aalihi

Comment

Originally posted by SindSagar View Post
        So here are the Guidances/rulings for giving Zakat:

ZAKAT given to Needy!
        Almighty in the Quran. 8 Kinds of People Who Can Accept Zakat.
        In Surah Al-Tawbah, (9:60), it is said “Indeed, charitable offerings are meant to be given to the poor and the indigent, and to those who work on [administering] it, and to those whose hearts are to be reconciled, and to [free] those in bondage, and to the debt-ridden, and for the cause of God, and to the wayfarer. [This is] an obligation from God. And God is all-knowing, all-wise.”

To be eligible to receive zakat, the recipient must be poor and/or needy. A poor person is someone whose property, in excess of his basic requirements, does not reach the nisab threshold. The recipient must not belong to your immediate family; your spouse, children, parents and grandparents cannot receive your zakat.

Who are entitled to receive zakat according to the Quran?
        Who converted to Islam. Those who are newly converted to Islam are eligible to receive zakat (if they are needy). For example, if someone has converted and is detached from their family and friends, you can give your zakat to them so that they can start their new journey.

Can a wife give her Zakat to her husband to clear his debts? and on Banu Hashim. Answer: ... So in conclusion we can say that it is permissible a slong as she does not get any direct or indirect benefit from paying the zakat to her husband.
        (AND NOW WE KNOW THE REASON WHY BOBBY1 has more than ONE!) .........ISTRI...

There is not a bigger mazloom than a man who has more than one wife. I dream about a day when they would both leave me, but they wont. I am too good a cook and good at cleaning.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby1 View Post

There is not a bigger mazloom than a man who has more than one wife. I dream about a day when they would both leave me, but they wont. I am too good a cook and good at cleaning.
          Well Bobby1 be thankful for what you have!.......also remember!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Burden.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	16696772

Balaghal-ula bi-kamaalihi / Kashafad-duja bi-jamaalihi / Hasunat jameeu khisaalihi / Sallu alaihi wa aalihi

Comment

Originally posted by toobah View Post
            Some friend borrowed money from me, so should I count that money too when giving zakat or should I not? At the end of the day that money is coming back to me but right now its with someone else. So whats the ruling on that?
            I'd say the Ruling in your case is......

If I can recall correctly All actions are dependent on the INTENTIONS we made at the Time!

What you intended to give as a Loan! is a Loan until it is returned!

Comment

Well Bobby1 be thankful for what you have!.......also remember!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Burden.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	16696772

So true, medically also content people are healthier and have higher testosterone levels. Stress is the biggest killer.

Comment

There is not a bigger mazloom than a man who has more than one wife. I dream about a day when they would both would tie me up with their dupattas and whip me with their sandals, but they wont. I am too good a cook and good at cleaning in my teeny tiny maid's uniform.

Ay main ki parhya?!! Meriyan akkhan, meri akkhan!
                The one that broke the camel's back. Watch out! :snooty:

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Straw View Post

Not really into whips and chains.

Comment

The cousin brother that got away; lucky for him. Did you want to tie him up with dupatta and whip him????

Comment

The cousin brother that got away; lucky for him. Did you want to tie him up with dupatta and whip him????
                      Tauba tauba haw hai, hamari Karen ki kitni kinky sochain hain.
                      The one that broke the camel's back. Watch out! :snooty:

Comment

Tauba tauba haw hai, hamari Karen ki kitni kinky sochain hain.
                        It was you dear who brought up the dupatta bondage lol!!

Hope your dupatta doesnt reek of Lehsan.

Also what is the ruling on able bodied people spending life on welfare mainly from non muslim sources. Is taking Khairaat from non Muslims Halal?
                        Last edited by Bobby1; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

I'd say the Ruling in your case is......

If I can recall correctly All actions are dependent on the INTENTIONS we made at the Time!

What you intended to give as a Loan! is a Loan until it is returned!
                          So i shouldn't count it then?

Comment

would strongly suggest to contact a scholar if you are serious to know this. But as per very little knowledge, I dont think it can be counted in Zakat.
                            Attitude is more important than facts.
                            "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Peace toobah

Yes, you will count that money when giving zakat. It is like your money is in one's possession, available and you can get it back.
                              Never explain urself to any1 The person who likes u doesn't need it &The person who dislike u won't believe it

Comment

Working...
                              X