victorian or islamic morality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobby1 View Post

I wouldnt wish it on you, I have two strong, educated, beautiful independent wives and I fantacize about flying off the balcony of my 22 storey condo building. I keep taking chit and smile and do whatever I please lol.
    I hear you I have perfected divorce as a very useful tool, one wife at a time is the best

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby1 View Post

Unfortunately we are all to blame, we let the Jahil, Vile, Barbaric paedophiles hijack our religion, religion is not to be taken literally but in what the spirit of guidence was. The spirit should be kindness, goodness, empathy and caring and above all fairness. Islam needed rapid population growth in those times but not anymore.
      Bobby1 Bhai you have a very Mechanical Logic when saying "Islam needed rapid Population growth" That is such an Uneducated statement!.................

At the time of our Holy Prophet PBUH it was The Prophets personality and his Dawah to All Mankind to join the ranks of Islam!.....during the time in Medina in this period and soon after Fatah Meccah all of Arabia converted to Islam! mind you they were ALL Idol Worshippers and within one generation All became Muslim!

Even to this day Islam is the Fasted growing religion on our Planet because of Converts or Reverts and not because Muslims have a higher birth rate ...
      We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are!

Comment

Originally posted by Das Reich View Post
        So I have noticed that there is a lot of pushback and resistance from many religious muslims [both men and women ] against multiple marriages for men

makes me wonder whether we follow islamic morality in this respect or a victorian pseudoislamic model?
        I do not understand the concept of polygamy, unless it serves a purpose, which in this day and age it doesn't. Remember, 4 wives was a way of trying to limit the number of marriages a man can commit to.

I can't think of any reasons why a man needs to have more than one wife. Unless, he has parted ways with his first. In which case, everyone deserves a second shot at married life and companionship.

Why is it so hard to commit to one person and then try to make it work?
        "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

Originally posted by a7mado View Post

I do not understand the concept of polygamy, unless it serves a purpose, which in this day and age it doesn't. Remember, 4 wives was a way of trying to limit the number of marriages a man can commit to.

I can't think of any reasons why a man needs to have more than one wife. Unless, he has parted ways with his first. In which case, everyone deserves a second shot at married life and companionship.

Why is it so hard to commit to one person and then try to make it work?
          why should a man commit to one woman when Prophet [saw] has made it halal to marry multiple ones and have slavegirls , plus that is the example of the Sahaba [r.a] and Tab'een [r.a] as well

Can you name some source that says polygamy was only for a specific time and now its not valid ? or slavery for that matter ?

ofcourse we cannot have slavery in this day and age because of international laws but polygamy can exist so why should it not be practiced?

why is it so hard to commit ? well you get bored that is why. I mean my fav food is nihari but if i eat it every day I will be very bored of it too

Comment

why should a man commit to one woman when Prophet [saw] has made it halal to marry multiple ones and have slavegirls , plus that is the example of the Sahaba [r.a] and Tab'een [r.a] as well
            Again, it was to limit the number of women you could marry, not an encouragement.

Can you name some source that says polygamy was only for a specific time and now its not valid ? or slavery for that matter ?
            First and foremost, sunnah is not fard. Secondly, I did not claim that polygamy was prescribed for a particular period of time. All, I'm saying is that in this day and age, we can never live up to the expectations of other people, let alone deal with them justly.

I will quote directly from the word of Allah.

“but if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one”

[al-Nisa’ 4:3]

We live in an age where personal desires trump all. Considering that, do you think you have what it takes to be just between multiple women that demand your attention? Let's be honest, nobody is man enough to admit that they can't.

ofcourse we cannot have slavery in this day and age because of international laws but polygamy can exist so why should it not be practiced?
            Because there is no benefit to doing so. Yes, marrying a widow or an orphan would be considered an act of kindness perhaps, but lets be honest, lets assume you are in your 20's, would you marry a widow who is in her 50's?.

why is it so hard to commit ? well you get bored that is why. I mean my fav food is nihari but if i eat it every day I will be very bored of it too
            No offense, but I feel bad for women that marry men with such mentality. Whatever happened to being loyal to one? Why are you using deen as an excuse, if you can't keep your d**k in your pants?
            "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

Originally posted by a7mado View Post

I will quote directly from the word of Allah.

“but if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one”

[al-Nisa’ 4:3]
              This verse is always interpreted as that men must treat all wives equally - i.e practice justice among the wives.
              But, what about justice between wife and husband? Unless the 2nd marriage is with the freely given consent and approval of the first wife, there exists a situation of injustice between husband and wife.
              Even if the first wife chooses not to leave because of social/financial pressures or because she has invested too much in the relationship she is still being treated unjustly because the husband acted unilaterally and the wife did not consent.

I believe the above verse prohibits such behavior.
              Last edited by krash; Jun 16, 2021, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Should women have the same choice?

Comment

Originally posted by krash View Post

This verse is always interpreted as that men must be treat all wives equally - i.e practice justice among the wives.
                  But, what about justice between wife and husband? Unless the 2nd marriage is with the freely given consent and approval of the first wife, there exists a situation of injustice between husband and wife.
                  Even if the first wife chooses not to leave because of social/financial pressures or because she has invested too much in the relationship she is still being treated unjustly because the husband acted unilaterally and the wife did not consent.

I believe the above verse prohibits such behavior.
                  Exactly. In this age of information that we currently live in, where everyone lives to please themselves, it is very easy to offend and upset someone. Grey areas are becoming more and more black and white.

These days people get offended if you look at them differently. So, its impossible not to upset women just by the mere thought of being in a polygamous marriage, especially when you state the underlying cause to be that you're too horny and that she cannot satisfy you anymore, which is such a pathetic excuse.

If you treat women as disposable pleasures, they have every right to not give a f-ck about you, either.

Comment

Working...
                  X