Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are sisters brothers responsibility too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are sisters brothers responsibility too?

As they are mehrams, are they responsible for sisters marriage & other responsibilities? Lets say if father is not bothered with his fardh towards his daughter then what's the ruling for brothers?

I ain't molvee..but..I would say..why not?. As long as father extends the permission to his son to be her wali for the nikkah..i see nothing wrong with that.
    "Har Koi Deta Hai Zakham Gin Gin Kay ....
    Mein Kis Kis Zakham Ko Apna Naseeb Samjhoon"
    By Royal Gala

Comment

Originally posted by Xtron View Post
      I ain't molvee..but..I would say..why not?. As long as father extends the permission to his son to be her wali for the nikkah..i see nothing wrong with that.
      why extension is required? Isn't brother responsible for sisters maintenance, upkeep, provision etc along with father anyways? Does sister has a right on brothers money?

Comment

No adult is any other adults responsibilty. Girls should educate themselves and be financially independent. We dont live in caves anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by toobah View Post

why extension is required? Isn't brother responsible for sisters maintenance, upkeep, provision etc along with father anyways? Does sister has a right on brothers money?

A brother is obliged to spend on his sister if she is poor and he is independent of means and he would inherit from her if she died. If he would not inherit from her because she has a son or because the father or grandfather (father's father) is still alive, then he is not obliged to spend on her and it is permissible to give her the zakaah of his wealth in that case.

Check out this link for more detailed information

https://www.google.com/amp/s/islamqa...answers/106540

PS: It's always better to ask an islamic scholar regarding your situation.
          Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

Both, as well as other relatives and even the community at large is responsible for anyone who needs help in any possible manner.
            Impress me..with your intelligence and wit. :-)

Comment

Working...
            X