What is common in all religions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is common in all religions

In spite of the vast diversity of religious practices, there is a rather simple theology that underlies all of them.
    This theology can be stated in a few words.

1. There is one ultimate reality that is infinite.
    2. Our finite existence is a separation from that ultimate reality.
    3. The goal of our existence is return to that reality.

That's it.

The differences in philosophies of religions lie in the detailed concepts that are used to explain the above 3 points in depth.
    The differences in practices of religions lie in the methods formulated to achieve #3.

I think you have mentioned our this life and the afterlife in these three points but the reference of creator is missing which is the most common among all religions, no?
    Attitude is more important than facts.
    "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

• krash
      krash commented
      Editing a comment
      That is #1

Oh ok I thought by that you meant the ending i.e. the afterlife.
    Attitude is more important than facts.
    "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Originally posted by krash View Post
      In spite of the vast diversity of religious practices, there is a rather simple theology that underlies all of them.
      This theology can be stated in a few words.

1. There is one ultimate reality that is infinite.
      2. Our finite existence is a separation from that ultimate reality.
      3. The goal of our existence is return to that reality.

That's it.

The differences in philosophies of religions lie in the detailed concepts that are used to explain the above 3 points in depth.
      The differences in practices of religions lie in the methods formulated to achieve #3.
      I am sorry you need to clear your concept of different religions. You are totally off based here.

As far I understand, essentially speaking the concept of Oneness is only in two religions
      Islam and Judaism.

Hinduism and Christianity are against Oneness.

Buddhism has no concept of God.
      Hindus have many Gods.
      Christianity has Trinity.

Now you might say Trinity still goes back to Oneness since they claim three are not three, they are one.

But if you look at the attributes/qualities/actions/properties of three, then you will not be able to justify or prove three in one. They are three.

And Ghost or Holy Spirit part is even vague and merely descriptive. Descriptive means just described as such but no provable reality.

As a side note and off the topic you started, there is a concept of Ghost?/Jinn/Bhoot? in Islam but there is no proof ever the ghosts or Jinns exist except in Quran etc.

This is another topic to ponder on.

Ghost or Bhoot maybe different than Jinns, I cannot tell. But these words are inter-related.

I recommend read everything I wrote/said two or three times and try to get my message before answering if you wish to.

Impress me..with your intelligence and wit. :-)

Comment

As I said, the concepts used are different. Some concepts of a particular religion can be criticized by other religions. So can practices. I am not saying they are all equivalent. I am saying that they are all about the same thing.
        The idea of one ultimate reality that is infinite is there in all religions. It is conceptualized differently.

In Hinduism it is called Brahman (not Brahmin) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahman
        In Buddhism it is called Nirvana - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_reality
        In Abrahamic religions it is called God

Comment

You may criticize the Christian concept of Trinity as inadequate or improper conceptualization of ultimate reality. But, it is about ultimate reality.

Comment

Humanity, if people were to follow it rightly.

Comment

Discrimination against others on the basis of religion or some reason based on religious text.
              the indian troll

Comment

Working...
              X