Quran Reading Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quran Reading Challenge

I try to read on daily basis as much as possible but then some distractions keep you from reading more than a little bit or make you skip some days without reading. With a challenge like this one, it will motivate daily readers to read more & probably those who don't read on a daily basis or do not read at all will start reading.

I finished one few days ago & started reading from the beginning 2 days ago. Aim was to read complete Surah Baqarah in one sitting. But fell asleep after completing first para (late night).

Today I am going to start from 2nd para & again, aim is to finish Surah Baqarah but let's see how much I can.

My reading speed is moderate. Not too fast or slow. I ensure to read very accurate pronunciation to the best of my ability. If I have a doubt that I mispronounced a word or letter I go back to reread it correctly.

Anyone interested to join me in this challenge is welcomed. The purpose of this topic is only to motivate more reading. And Ramzan is also about to start so even better. I usually finish atleast 1 Quran during ramzan but hope I can complete more than one this year.

@LP See if convenient for you to join me. And any other posters, most welcome

Have to report atleast once in 24 hours, how much you managed to read in The last 24 hours.
    Surah Aal Imran. Verse 54:

"And they planned, and Allah (also) planned. And Allah is the best of planners."

Good thread!!
    I think I'll join after ramadhan.
    Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

• FigmentOfYour
      FigmentOfYour commented
      Editing a comment
      Good LP. Then we'll compete after Ramzan is over. I hope someone else here can join me. I don't like to compete with myself because then I know I'll lose

I finished reading Surah Baqarah in the evening. Tomorrow will start Surah Aal Imran.

"And they planned, and Allah (also) planned. And Allah is the best of planners."

Comment

MashaALLAH it's should be our daily routine to recite the Holy Quran ...

Comment

First I dont think its a challenge or it should be a challenge...
        It should be our daily priority and its farz....

Read Surah Al-Ana'am today afyer Fajr... (Surah No. 6)
        وَمَا كَانَ رَبُّكَ نَسِيًّا

Comment

pktun, yes but Allah did not make it a duty. Only farz prayers is a duty. That's why sinners like me need motivation by creating challenges (I had to call myself sinner because a member of holier than thou lot accused me of "claiming to be religious" which has puzzled me as I have never ever claimed to do that ever in real or online life).

So the point is to start reading Quran from the beginning together & we share in this topic every 24 hours how much we managed to read. Just like LP's water challenge thread to motivate to drink more water.

Comment

Challenge accepted!

I also read it almost every night about 30/60 mins, doing it for over 16 years now.

It was in my head to start anew and finish it on 27th ramzan, I been lazy. Thanks to your challenge I am starting today, normally I do 10 to 20 verses every day, speedup after sura Ar-Rum and finish it in circa 2 months. But since am late I will be a bit quick so I can finish it on time.

Will post daily progress here.
            “Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

Comment

• FigmentOfYour
              FigmentOfYour commented
              Editing a comment
              Good. So what's the update?

• FigmentOfYour
              FigmentOfYour commented
              Editing a comment
              So in this thread you say you read quran & in the other evolution thread you say you don't believe in religion. Who are you fooling?

Reading in English count? I'd love to join but I don't log in everyday.

Comment

• FigmentOfYour
              FigmentOfYour commented
              Editing a comment
              Sure if not difficult for you? Traditionally, we read in Arabic but if you can keep up reading English translation then most welcome.

Half Surah Baqarah.....

Comment

Other half of Surah Baqarah....

Comment

I finished Surah Aal Imran the other day. Then got busy & distracted by different things. Then got OS of all my devices refreshed as local zombies' harrassment has intensified after my recent posts here (Ensuring at the same time that I am made aware that it is because of my posts on this forum). So Quran PDF files on my devices are all gone. Will redownload today & start from 3rd chapter Surah Nisa as soon as possible. Last year, I had managed to set personal record of completing 3 Qurans by the end of Ramadan. This year, I hope I can do the same if not break it.

By the way, all the participants can report whenever it is convenient for them. Not necessarily daily.

Comment

i will complete the reading al quran till 27th ramadan Insha Allah, will start from this week.

Comment

Thought of starting it on Friday but bloody satan kept me occopied of most the time. Anyway I began yesterday and read the first two chapters.

One of my favorite verses from sura Baqara.

"2 - This is the book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for the pious."

It will be nice if readers share some favorite verses, thoughts and questions that come to mind.
                    “Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

Comment

• FigmentOfYour
                      FigmentOfYour commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Surely, it would be impossible to choose only 1 or a few favourites from Duran Baqarah considering it consists of 286 verses. Also, without reading the translation as not everyone has memorized them. But for now, let me share 2 very important verses from surah Bawarah & one from Surah Aal Imran which are 3 of my favorite ones.

Please do not forget to mention the verse number whenever you share any.

Surah Baqarah; Verse 14 & 15:

"And when it is said to them, "Believe as the people have believed," they say, "Should we believe as the foolish have believed?" Unquestionably, it is they who are the foolish, but they know [it] not.

And when they meet those who believe, they say, "We believe"; but when they are alone with their evil ones, they say, "Indeed, we are with you; we were only mockers."

But these 3 are not my only favourites from these 2 surahs. There are so many more.

Comment

Surah Nisa completed.

Comment

Working...
                      X