Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

praying for non muslims?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    praying for non muslims?

    Assalamoalaikum

    just posted in the thread in honor of the late superman chrissy reeve and was wondering after reading a few replies that, when we can't pray for non muslims as their iman is non existent why were some ppl still saying inna lila hi wa ina ilehai rajeoon? { with respect to the deceased or any of the other sensitive souls who objects to what i have written here. }

    #2
    good question

    hmmm...i wonder..
    ~* FoXY GuRl* RePpIn jErZee and PaK 2 ThA FuLlEST~

    Comment


      #3
      This has already been discussed very recently:

      http://www.gupistan.com/forums/showt...hreadid=164867
      |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^|| ||____
      |---------Gupweiser-------------|| |_)______,
      |__________________________|___||___]
      |"/(@)(@)(@)""""""""""""""/(@)(@)****/(@)*]

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by rally:
        This has already been discussed very recently:

        http://www.gupistan.com/forums/showt...hreadid=164867
        That thread was simply MAToo PiThoo stuff that had nothing to do with the said question by #letuz.

        Read it again. It says:

        Inna Lillah-e
        Wa-Inna
        Elaih-e Rajioon

        That simply means everything belongs to Allah and eventually goes back to him.

        Go ahead and say it English. Is it too difficult? Doesn't make an iota of difference if you say this for a Muslim or a non-Muslim, or cats, dogs, and even donkeys (Khotay).

        If MAToos don't like it then don't say it in Arbi. Allah will sure understand English. Heck you say the same about everyone killed in Sialkot, Taba, Multan, Lahore and Karachi. May Allah save Pakistan from these AK47 toting, bomb flashing, suiciders. Ameen!

        p.s. The way things are going, Jannat may have real-time English translators. You know life (here or the hereafter) without Google will be pretty bland
        Mullahs are lying and our soldiers dying!

        Comment


          #5
          please tell me how its wrong to wish someone well after death??? You want us all to wish that he may burn in hell for eternity for dedicating the last decade or so of his life for a good cause that serves all of humanity, muslims and non-muslims alike???
          Wild Thing, You Make My Heart Sing

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by I'm Kool:
            please tell me how its wrong to wish someone well after death??? You want us all to wish that he may burn in hell for eternity for dedicating the last decade or so of his life for a good cause that serves all of humanity, muslims and non-muslims alike???
            but did he believe in God? did he believe in the hereafter even? if not then why should he get a share in it? allah does not like the ungrateful and it is the ultimate ungreatfulness to reject your lord and his blessings.

            Comment


              #7
              The Prophet :saw: was not allowed to pray for Abu Talib after his death due to the following verse being revealed.
              • "It is not (proper) for the Prophet and those who believe to ask All‚hís forgiveness for the MushrikŻn (polytheists, idolaters, pagans, disbelievers in the Oneness of All‚h) even though they be of kin, after it has become clear to them that they are the dwellers of the Fire (because they died in a state of disbelief)." [Al-Qur'an 9:113]

              Comment


                #8
                ^ hmm i suppose this surat is a lesson to those who continue to do it, nice 1 M

                Comment


                  #9
                  At the time of death you cannot say for certain what a persons beliefs are, perhaps they become enlightened right before they pass.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Look at it from dead personís POV. He/she may not like to return to your Allah :swt:. He may want to go to his own.





                    you keep your Islam close to your heart..donít ever give it to anyone. Keep it locked.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by M:
                      The Prophet saw was not allowed to pray for Abu Talib after his death due to the following verse being revealed.
                      • "It is not (proper) for the Prophet and those who believe to ask All‚hís forgiveness for the MushrikŻn (polytheists, idolaters, pagans, disbelievers in the Oneness of All‚h) even though they be of kin, after it has become clear to them that they are the dwellers of the Fire (because they died in a state of disbelief)." [Al-Qur'an 9:113]
                      We see yet again that MAToo PiThoos are quoting quran out of context. Again it is just one verse to support the narrow minded views of extreme orthodox cabal.

                      Here are the two verses (9:113 and 9:114) together so that we can all understand the true intent of Allah.

                      [9.113] It is not (fit) for the Nabee (messenger) and those who believe that they should ask forgiveness for the Mushrikeen, even though they should be near relatives, after it has become clear to them that they are inmates of the flaming fire.
                      [9.114] And Ibrahim asking forgiveness for his sire was only owing to a promise which he had made to him; but when it became clear to him that he was an enemy of Allah (Uduvun lillah), he declared himself to be clear of him; most surely Ibrahim was very tender-hearted forbearing.

                      9.114 clearly shows why Ibrahim couldn't ask for mercy and forgiveness for his father. This was because Ibrahim's father was a declared enemy of Allah.

                      Now you tell me that Abi Talab was declared enemy of Allah (Astaghfirullah). It is time that MAToo hate be expunged from Pakistani society. These anarchists are hell bent on using their hate to bomb Pakistani-Shias, harass Pakistani-Ahmadis, and gun down Pakistani-Christians.

                      Down with these MAToo PiThoos.

                      p.s. original topic of this thread was to check if one could use ďInna Lillah wa Inna Elahe rajioon. This discussion is much farther from that question.

                      Reference:
                      1. English version of Quran
                      2. Arabic Quran
                      Mullahs are lying and our soldiers dying!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        This is why judgment should be left up to God. No one knows what is in anyone's heart or their relationship with God when they pass. How do we judge them? By the length of their beard on their deathbed or the number of times and the direction they faced when praying? How contemptible we are to make those judgments. We should pray, at minimum, that they found God in their own way, even if it wasn't our way. Since there is no way for us to know (and it is really none of our business), praying for these who die is the compassionate and benevolent thing for us to do, no matter our faith.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by antiobl:

                          We see yet again that MAToo PiThoos are quoting quran out of context. Again it is just one verse to support the narrow minded views of extreme orthodox cabal.

                          Here are the two verses (9:113 and 9:114) together so that we can all understand the true intent of Allah.

                          [9.113] It is not (fit) for the Nabee (messenger) and those who believe that they should ask forgiveness for the Mushrikeen, even though they should be near relatives, after it has become clear to them that they are inmates of the flaming fire.
                          [9.114] And Ibrahim asking forgiveness for his sire was only owing to a promise which he had made to him; but when it became clear to him that he was an enemy of Allah (Uduvun lillah), he declared himself to be clear of him; most surely Ibrahim was very tender-hearted forbearing.

                          9.114 clearly shows why Ibrahim couldn't ask for mercy and forgiveness for his father. This was because Ibrahim's father was a declared enemy of Allah.
                          You may also notice the part where it says for the Nabee (messenger) and those who believe, so its not a command just for the Messengers as you tried to make it out.

                          Now you probably dont believe in Hadith but, hey Ill post the links anyway. To provide some evidence and to show that I did not make up this story.
                          • Sahih Bukhari - Volume 5, Book 58, Number 223:

                            Narrated Al-Musaiyab:

                            When Abu Talib was in his death bed, the Prophet went to him while Abu Jahl was sitting beside him. The Prophet said, "O my uncle! Say: None has the right to be worshipped except Allah, an expression I will defend your case with, before Allah." Abu Jahl and 'Abdullah bin Umaya said, "O Abu Talib! Will you leave the religion of 'Abdul Muttalib?" So they kept on saying this to him so that the last statement he said to them (before he died) was: "I am on the religion of 'Abdul Muttalib." Then the Prophet said, " I will keep on asking for Allah's Forgiveness for you unless I am forbidden to do so." Then the following Verse was revealed:--

                            "It is not fitting for the Prophet and the believers to ask Allah's Forgiveness for the pagans, even if they were their near relatives, after it has become clear to them that they are the dwellers of the (Hell) Fire." (9.113)

                            The other Verse was also revealed:-- "(O Prophet!) Verily, you guide not whom you like, but Allah guides whom He will ......." (28.56)


                          Sahih Bukhari 5.223

                          And there are other similar hadith also.
                          Sahih Bukhari 2.442, Sahih Bukhari 6.197 Sahih Bukhari 6.295

                          Happy now

                          Anyway heres an interesting response from Islam QA, on a somewhat related topic of friendship.
                          http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...QR=47322&dgn=4

                          Comment


                            #14
                            >>>>>for the Nabee (messenger) and those who believe,<<<

                            Believe in what? Phajay dey Payey?

                            I thought Superman did believe in God. So whatís the issue here? If you donít wana pray for someone, fine, donít do it. When you die, people will piss on your Qabr and you can go and kiss your Allah on the cheek.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Madnee, I didnt mention superman anywhere.

                              So feel free to piss on my Qabr or anyone elses for that matter, I wont complain.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X