Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Divorce (Talaaq)...

How is Divorce considered in Islam ?
    Its the only legal act which is allowed but not liked by Allah...

Is that right ?

and also do share your opinion on social basis?

tx...

Gari aur bivi aisi honi chahyay kay banda saath khara ho to apni lagay

Ya Allah Bhagwaan ko bhi Muslim bana day ...

Re: Divorce (Talaaq)...

Originally posted by ?:

How is Divorce considered in Islam ?
    Its the only legal act which is allowed but not liked by Allah...

Is that right ?
    Narrated Muharib:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Allah did not make anything lawful more abominable to Him than divorce.

Narrated Abdullah ibn Umar:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Of all the lawful acts the most detestable to Allah is divorce.
    Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
    Al-Ghazali

Comment

Re: Divorce (Talaaq)...

^ Thanks maddy :-)

Originally posted by ?:
      and also do share your opinion on social basis?
      What exactly do you wish to discuss "on social basis"? Wouldn't that part of discussion on divorce more suited to the Relationships forum?
      "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

social aspect....

well it depends on which country u refer to......in arabia talaaq is not considerd an unbearable thing.....they carry thier lives even after one is divorced...

however in indo pak ..due to hindu influences(culture i mean) it as taken an extreme stand....ppl dont take it as lightly(comparitvly-by no means as normal incident ) as they do it in arabia...

u see brothers kill thier brothers in law if thier sister is divorced.....and women cant marry second time if they are divorced....

so here this is the worst tag a women carry with herself.....against the teaching of islam.....
        لا عيش إلا عيش الآخرة
        BROTHERS NOT SLAVES. Regain Respect

Comment

talaaq is allowed but is one of the least liked by ALLAH..
          One should try to work it out, then the man can give woman a divorce or a woman can ask for a khullah.
          Slightly Crazy and Plenty Lazy

Comment

Originally posted by bao bihari:
            social aspect....

well it depends on which country u refer to......in arabia talaaq is not considerd an unbearable thing.....they carry thier lives even after one is divorced...

however in indo pak ..due to hindu influences(culture i mean) it as taken an extreme stand....ppl dont take it as lightly(comparitvly-by no means as normal incident ) as they do it in arabia...

u see brothers kill thier brothers in law if thier sister is divorced.....and women cant marry second time if they are divorced....

so here this is the worst tag a women carry with herself.....against the teaching of islam.....
            Good reply.

Comment

the worse aspect is the suffering of the kids

another bad angle is that man marry again but woman most of the times cannot, becuz of which the desire the natural desire remain unfulfilled which have its own bad effects

Comment

very good guys and thank you very much

I agree with baoo bihari and ophiolites when thhe summarized the social aspect...
                thanks to maddy, devilicious too...

so we all agree that this is least liked by Allah but legal act in Islam
                and it also leaves social culprit as well

so My next question is:
                what if some get marry to some one for just his own desire (sexual) ???
                and then he leaves the women behind giving a kind of Talaq when he is done …
                when he is asked for all this, he gives the reason:
                ‘Oh well I was away from home and wife, so I saw this girl and wanted to sleep with her cuz I cannot control my sexual desires , so I asked to get marry me for few days I did it to save my self for doing a sin (zana) and hence I got married to her for any time period and when I am satified I left her!’

so he got married to fulfil his desires…and then he left her…

So…what are your opinions on this situation guys ?

Gari aur bivi aisi honi chahyay kay banda saath khara ho to apni lagay

Ya Allah Bhagwaan ko bhi Muslim bana day ...

Comment

Re: Re: Divorce (Talaaq)...

Originally posted by mAd_ScIeNtIsT:

Narrated Muharib:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Allah did not make anything lawful more abominable to Him than divorce.

Narrated Abdullah ibn Umar:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Of all the lawful acts the most detestable to Allah is divorce.
                  JazakAllah!

Comment

Originally posted by ?:
                    very good guys and thank you very much

I agree with baoo bihari and ophiolites when thhe summarized the social aspect...
                    thanks to maddy, devilicious too...

so we all agree that this is least liked by Allah but legal act in Islam
                    and it also leaves social culprit as well

so My next question is:
                    what if some get marry to some one for just his own desire (sexual) ???
                    and then he leaves the women behind giving a kind of Talaq when he is done …
                    when he is asked for all this, he gives the reason:
                    ‘Oh well I was away from home and wife, so I saw this girl and wanted to sleep with her cuz I cannot control my sexual desires , so I asked to get marry me for few days I did it to save my self for doing a sin (zana) and hence I got married to her for any time period and when I am satified I left her!’

so he got married to fulfil his desires…and then he left her…

So…what are your opinions on this situation guys ?

Niyyah. God will punish him for his lustful niyyah hopefully. And if the woman had similar intentions then they can go to Iran and get a temporary marriage license and make it all lawful.

Comment

social aspect....

Muslims in indo-pak are influenced by both sides from north they are influenced by Afghan (culture) and from the south they are influenced by Hindu (culture). Hindu is not fighter nation however Afghans are fighter in characteristics.

Even this is also possible that half of the cultural aspect is influenced by one nation and other half is influenced by some other nation.(excluding personal character) so its all mix. Its not a straight line. Hindu is not as brave as an Afghan is, who can kill another Hindu. He cant even slaughter a chicken. However on the other hand in Afghan culture women can marry second time. its not in Hindu culture. so your above statement represents both cultures. Killing their brother-in-laws is because of Gharaat and you know who is more in it. Afghan can’t stop killing their in-laws but a non-stop civil war starts between tribes and many other things. This is in most cases which makes the face of a nation. so far its like this anyway. Arabs except few are not too far in this competition. Present days are good example of it. You can see the alliance between two.

I agree with ophioliteshowever, I reserved the comments and the solution on the statement of "the natural desire remain unfulfilled which have its own bad effects" because this is not the right thread for it. But what the following person say.

Originally posted by Femme Fatale:
                      if the woman had similar intentions then they can go to Iran and get a temporary marriage license and make it all lawful.
                      i want to reserved my comments until somebody like Femme fatale speaks.

If she is not shia she can goto Pakistan and cool down her fire under license-free environment with her sister Arifa Saddique. She can also visit Egypt to do sunni muta Orfi marriage put Quranic Ahkam aside.

Admins are free to stop this thread now.. before put a lock on it first see who started the sectarian discussion.

--- on those who start but cant face..

Comment

ata bhai..according to me...the act is sinful as the intentions are not good......just to fulfil sexual desire....and then.....what abut the nasb if some one concieve.......it is very hard to stop 100% from getting concieved......

mutah has been discussed before.....but if ata bhai has some thing new to ask he can ask it....atleast he is not abusing some one..just asking what he belive should be the right practice.....

ps....in my opinion these dicussion will never be fruitfull for the sole reason mentioned in shia sunni thread by me.....
                        لا عيش إلا عيش الآخرة
                        BROTHERS NOT SLAVES. Regain Respect

Comment

Inuit dearest why so edgy? To my knowledge Iran is the only country that allows this kind of marraige. Aap kyon itnay defensive ho rahay hein. Sectarian discussion hoti tau I would have recomended they convert to shia-ism which I did not cos I know that even though it is not prohibited in Shia-ism it isn;t popularly practised by them either. So far I haven't encountered any shia that has indulged in it. Arifa Siddiqui jahan se hein wahan se har sect ke kaafi loag hein so don't even go there. Yes, now that u speak of Egypt that's wonderful...people interested have two choices, more power to them! Maybe they can save money and stick around for their honeymoons in these foreign lands too

Comment

and women cant marry second time if they are divorced....
                            You mean a divorced lady isn't allowed to remarry? Please clarify. She is not permitted to remarry the same person she just divorced. There has to be one other marriage in between to a third party. However, her right to remarry exists post-divorce.

so here this is the worst tag a women carry with herself.....
                            Yes.

The same should apply for men as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Nadia_H:
                              You mean a divorced lady isn't allowed to remarry? Please clarify. She is not permitted to remarry the same person she just divorced. There has to be one other marriage in between to a third party. However, her right to remarry exists post-divorce.
                              I think you missed the connection. Seems to me that bao bihari is commenting on the social ills of divorce and saying that in Indo-Pak it is difficult for divorced women to marry again. It is not to suggest that there is a religious prohibition on this, but that social values put a stigma on divorced women.

My view is that, yes, it may be true in many cases, but with more education and more diverse thinkings (people moving out to other communities, other countries etc), the trends are changing. Divorce is still frowned upon, but it is, unfortunately , getting more and more common, hence the stigma is getting less problematic, and both divorced women and men are getting re-married. I know of several such cases.
                              "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

Working...
                              X