This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wats the point of all this..

the drama..the bloodshed..n traditions that have no basis???? I was watching TV n they showed how many people died during ashura..little kids beating themselves..people hitting themselves with swords n blood all over..n the way ppl were crying (so artificially) really loud during the speech..I know muslims should remember wat happened during ashura but we should be praying instead of doing something which is WRONG like hurting ourselves like that...then why do these muslims do that???

I am sorry if i offended anyone its just i dont understand why people do that and how come the supposedly educated ppl dont do anything about it??
    Disclemer: I mispel al i watn

Re: wats the point of all this..

Originally posted by ~Tikhi Jalebi~:
    the drama..the bloodshed..n traditions that have no basis???? I was watching TV n they showed how many people died during ashura..little kids beating themselves..people hitting themselves with swords n blood all over..n the way ppl were crying (so artificially) really loud during the speech..I know muslims should remember wat happened during ashura but we should be praying instead of doing something which is WRONG like hurting ourselves like that...then why do these muslims do that???

I am sorry if i offended anyone its just i dont understand why people do that and how come the supposedly educated ppl dont do anything about it??
    you seem educated enough. rejoice in your part in doing something about it.

what do you propose even more educated people do about it?
    Din-e-Mullah fee sabeelillah fasad (Allama Iqbal)

Comment

Assalam Aleekum
      First of all don't waste your valuable time in watching them.
      And as you said pray. I agree.

take care

Comment

Tikhi,

So many people think what shia people do is a farce, its extreme-ism.. its stupid or whatever...
        Let me tell you - as a shia muslim, born into a shia family.. i myself went to majlis as a young adolescent, participated in matam.. and then because I had no understanding of it and didnt bother to do any research... I stopped going to majlis..

Now.. at the age of 25.. this year I went to majlis for the whole 10 days of muharram.. I participated in matam and also went to a jaloos on the 10th muharram... I went with an open mind and tried to understand what happened in these 10 days... what happened and what significance it has.. and why it should be remembered today... why people do zanjeer-zani... etc etc. so I went...

I listened to the zakir's.. and the alams.. for the first day or so I heard/ watched people cry... I really wanted to understand it all... so I put my mind to it and understood what the zakir was saying... Lo & Behold.. I had tears in my eyes... now im not a person who displays their emotion so easily... I find it hard crying in public... but I really couldnt control myself... i felt this pain in my heart.. and just cried... at the end of the majlis when people get up and start matam.. then that is so AUTOMATIC... so much josh... its not a case of 'oh lets get up and start beating our chests...' you just do it coz u feel it...
        its a strange feeling...
        whilst you're sat here reading my thread... take your hand to your chest and hit yourself hard... can you?? no... will it hurt ? yes.

but after the majlis when you do matam.. you beat yourself really hard.. but there's no pain whilst doing it or after doing it... its weird... there's bruising... but no pain... how come???

on the 10th muharram after the jaloos... there was a short majlis followed by matam... the alam was a professor from Qaid Azam University in Pakistan.. and he said.. non-shia people always say matam is wrong... where does it say in the quran or hadith about matam... but he said when you hurt yourself for your own physical frustration (self harm) then its wrong... but we're not doing matam for ourself... we're doing it in pain for what happened to our dear prophet's family...

after yesterday we were all sat and I said to my family that I thought shia-ism was about something else... something a bit un-real... something different... but all it is is a good look into the history of our religion... So much happened ... so much went on... why doesnt the average sunni/wahabi study it???? acknowledge it...??? understand it??

I have read so much ignorant comments on these websites... if you all dig into the history of it all... you will understand matam and majlis and rememberance of the events of Karbala...

Allah has said that at the day of qayamath... the land of karbala will be adjoined to Jannat - thats no small matter...

Rehman...

Yes ... you're comment is one of the ignorant ones... Next Muharram... spend 10 days going to a majlis.. and come back ... we'l talk then.
        Mill ke sab matam-e-shabbir karo..

Comment

If Islam was completed by the prophet(p.b.u.h) and no one is allowed to add anything to it , and if u do so its considered to be a major sin, and because there is no mention of that or no direct ahadeeth or ayah that direct us to do so ... then why do u even do it ? more like how can you justify your actions?

Comment

matam is not an addition to it...

yeh har kissi ki kismet mai ni hoti... tum nahi samjho gay.
            Mill ke sab matam-e-shabbir karo..

Comment

if there is no mention of it then how is it not an addition ? Dont you think there would have been a specific mention of such a thing if we were supposed to do it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mem Saab:
                matam is not an addition to it...

yeh har kissi ki kismet mai ni hoti... tum nahi samjho gay.
                i know, we are very lucky that allah has given us the taufeeq of doing matam
                ~*~Pakistan hamari jaan, sabse pehley Pakistan~*~

Comment

**** you and **** your post..you dont need to understand anything..you need to become a suicide bomber and kill the innocent muslims

Comment

I have received complaint that the way this opinion is drafted is hurtful to their religious sensitivities.

While it is ok to have an opinion, and you are more than welcome to state your opinion, when it comes to matters of religious faith, please try to form your point with utmost care and try not to trample on and mock the faith and the rituals associated with it. Everyone's help in making sure this place is kept clear of hurtful comments, will go a long way in a positive dialogue amongst people of various faith.

Thanks. The thread is now closed. Please feel free to open a new one, keeping in mind the guzarishaat in the earlier paragraph. :-)
                    "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

Working...
                    X