X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some may say

urz Views
    ON THE MUSLIM'S ATTITUDE TOWARDS VALENTINE'S DAY AND WHY

Trust me i dont have any attitude on valentines day I PROMISE !!!

-Salman

Comment

Given that it's "Saint Valentine's" day, I fail to see why it should be of any significance at all to people who aren't Christian.

Saint Valentine is a man of no significance to non-Christians, so why should we do anything in particular on the day that a Pope dedicated to the man's memory?
      Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
      Al-Ghazali

Comment

Originally posted by mAd_ScIeNtIsT:
        Given that it's "Saint Valentine's" day, I fail to see why it should be of any significance at all to people who aren't Christian.

Saint Valentine is a man of no significance to non-Christians, so why should we do anything in particular on the day that a Pope dedicated to the man's memory?
        mAd_ScIeNtIsT, you fundo... I bet you are one of those who dislike the Kuffar because they kill Arabs...

Valentine's day is to show our love and unity towards the Kuffar for the sake of Dawah...Can't you get it straight?
        Focus not on who you are but what you do...
        ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

no slow ones.. it's to show affection to whom you love.. or are y'all so incapable of showing love that you have to always oppose everything that might make you show this emotion?

why don't we do our research on why we celebrate our rituals.. we can trace the origins of a modern day celebration back to Romans.. it shouldn't be hard to trace back ours to the pagans of Arabia..
          JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

juz like some says

chalain mana ham v.d nahee manaain gaay, ham basant nahee manaain gaay, ham new year nahee celebrate karain gaay magar kia iss taraah muslim ummah kaay saray masail hal hoo jaain gaay......

Yes, all such occasions are not a part of Islam but these are not the actuall problems we as muslim ummah are facing, we keep our brain busy in such things, someone said we should say "masjid" not mosque, we should not have cocacola coz if ur reverse it it will be "la mohammed".

Give me a break yaar, these are not the issues to dissucss, these are not the actuall problems.

Have you every thought why the number of people celebrating v.day increasing each year, coz western media promotes it and most of us are blind followers. What if our own media (muslim media) was powerfull enough to promote muslim events more but it does not happen so this is natural to have more number of people getting inspired from westren occassions etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Desi$oul:
              Have you every thought why the number of people celebrating v.day increasing each year, coz western media promotes it and most of us are blind followers. What if our own media (muslim media) was powerfull enough to promote muslim events more but it does not happen so this is natural to have more number of people getting inspired from westren occassions etc.
              Muslim holidays have nothing to offer to a non-muslim. That is why they are not popular amongst rest of the world. V.D. offers a lot to lot of people. that is why it is gettting popular.

Comment

Originally posted by Lajawab:

mAd_ScIeNtIsT, you fundo... I bet you are one of those who dislike the Kuffar because they kill Arabs...

Valentine's day is to show our love and unity towards the Kuffar for the sake of Dawah...Can't you get it straight?
                Well said......
                لا عيش إلا عيش الآخرة
                BROTHERS NOT SLAVES. Regain Respect

Comment

St. Valentine secretly married Christian couples when the Romans forbid it. Although the holiday isn't a Muslim one, I don't see anything sinful or inappropriate in its origins. He helped couples come together to lead happy & fruitful lives together.

I have to remind myself to take all the opportunities I can to show those I love that I love them. I try to avoid making the sentiment cheap or commercial, and therefore I don't limit myself to Feb 14.

Comment

Originally posted by Sahar02:
                    I have to remind myself to take all the opportunities I can to show those I love that I love them. I try to avoid making the sentiment cheap or commercial, and therefore I don't limit myself to Feb 14.

goodygood

Comment

Working...
                    X