Muslims and allowable interactions with Non Muslims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muslims and allowable interactions with Non Muslims

I happened to come across a couple of what i feel are disturbing quotes on threads posted here today - quotes from scholars stating to the effect that muslims arent allowed to have any love or respect to kafirs.

The purpose of Valentine's Day in these times is to spread love
    between all people, believers and disbelievers alike. Undoubtedly it is haraam to love the kaafirs.
    attending the funeral is a way of showing love and respect, and it is not permissible to show that towards a kaafir, according to the correct view.
    My question is, what do muslims here think of these statements. Do you believe in this?
    Simple ain't easy.

No, I do not believe in these statements

Comment

No way. I donít believe in these statements. Islam teaches love not hatred. Doesnít matter if a person is a Muslim or non-Muslim, love and friendship is for everyone.
      ** Of all the things I've lost ~~ I miss my mind the most **

Comment

queerio do you hang on every word every shcolar says? who freakin' cares what this maulvi says.. he's entitled to his opinion however dumba$$ it is though..
        JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

There are plenty of mollahs on this site who would have saved yes, but I dont think they will. Too embarassing.

Comment

it's statements like these by a sick mind that have made muslim countries the way they are now.

Tell this maulvi he is eligible for a US visa and I'm sure he will shave of his beard and be standing at quaid-e-azam airport by tomorrow morning wearing his shorts
            Why so serious ... ?

Comment

^ thats so true...

what scares me the most is when people grow up in these so called kafir countries, and then bag every aspect of it. Either u leave the country and go live in a totally islamic state or u stop talking nonsense... sometimes its so difficult for me to explain to non believers why islam is so good.. when comments like these are broadcasted..

Comment

Queer

No, i do not believe in them, and as i noted in another thread where u asked the question, no one in my family.including my very conservative nanhiyaal (mothers side of teh family) or the more liberal dadhiyaal ( dad's side of the family) agrees with statements like these.

as far as "scholars" go, there are many, some are real learned folks some are self declared.. any word that comes out of any given so called "scholar" can not be taken as the word of god. The word of god, its context, circumstances and timing along with common sense should come first, and be enough.

There is no denying that there are people who may take such intolerant statements as their modus operendi, but you will know who they are very easily, as they have similar closed minded viewsabout everythign else
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

The teachings of the Prophet on how you and I should treat our Non-Muslim friends and neighbours on a day to day basis as well as how government should treat a Non-Muslim citizen of a Muslim state.

"He who believes in God and the Last Day should honour his guest, should not harm his neighbour, should speak good or keep quiet." (Bukhari, Muslim)

"Whoever hurts a Non-Muslim citizen of a Muslim state hurts me, and he who hurts me annoys God." (Bukhari)

"He who hurts a Non-Muslim citizen of a Muslim state, I am his adversary, and I shall be his adversary on the Day of a Judgement." (Bukhari)

"Beware on the Day of Judgement; I shall mysefl be complainant against him who wrongs a Non-Muslim citizen of a Muslim state or lays on him a responsibility greater than he can bear or deprives him of anything that belongs to him." (Al-Mawardi)

"Anyone who kills a Non-Muslim who had become our ally will not smell the fragrance of Paradise." (Bukhari)

Comment

If Hadees by Abdali are correct then the writer of the original article is correct. Meaning of these Hadees is very clear.

The teachings of the Prophet on how you and I should treat our Non-Muslim friends and neighbours on a day to day basis as well as how government should treat a Non-Muslim citizen of a Muslim state.

"He who believes in God and the Last Day should honour his guest, should not harm his neighbour, should speak good or keep quiet." (Bukhari, Muslim)

nothing particular about non-muslims in this. guests and neighbours are muslims.

"Whoever hurts a Non-Muslim citizen of a Muslim state hurts me, and he who hurts me annoys God." (Bukhari)

"He who hurts a Non-Muslim citizen of a Muslim state, I am his adversary, and I shall be his adversary on the Day of a Judgement." (Bukhari)

"Beware on the Day of Judgement; I shall mysefl be complainant against him who wrongs a Non-Muslim citizen of a Muslim state or lays on him a responsibility greater than he can bear or deprives him of anything that belongs to him." (Al-Mawardi)

"Anyone who kills a Non-Muslim who had become our ally will not smell the fragrance of Paradise." (Bukhari)

Most of us don't live in a muslim state.

Comment

Become our ally, we'll become yours.
                      Din-e-Mullah fee sabeelillah fasad (Allama Iqbal)

Comment

The reason why you get opinions like this is because the Quran is virtually unchanged from the day it was written which is both a strength and a weakness in some ways. So you get some morons applying the words which were sent to the prophet 1400 years ago to their own situation today totally ignoring the context of time and their own lack of qualification to be compared.

You might get some ass for example spouting holy verses while having an icon of a gay pop singer. How stupid is that?

Most people though don't subscribe to these views or no doubt one of our most popular forums wouldn't be shor sharaba, or our most popular sport cricket would have been banned because the players aren't sporting regulation beards and play in front of mixed crowds. Some asses watch these matches regardless which shows how much they regard their own hypocritical stance. So take it with a pinch of salt queerio.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Xtreme:
                          The reason why you get opinions like this is because the Quran is virtually unchanged from the day it was written which is both a strength and a weakness in some ways. So you get some morons applying the words which were sent to the prophet 1400 years ago to their own situation today totally ignoring the context of time and their own lack of qualification to be compared.
                          ...Is it any wonder that there are so few who stand up to fight and preserve the sanctity of Islamic teachings?

So what you are saying is that since the uniformity of Islam is its strengths and its weakness, we should analyse its strengths and keep them and discard the weaknesses, right? In other words, things that we consider as weaknesses in the final message of Allah :swt: we can get rid of them, right?

By your understanding, things that Allah :swt: decided for us to do, we can drop some of them because time doesn't allow them to be carried into the future? Is it time or our own weakness, failure and fear that makes us want to shun some messages in the Quran that we think cannot be taken with us into the future?

I think you are a little mistaken here, Xtreme...Islam is a universal and unchanging Law of Allah :swt:, for you not to be able to carry it is your failure as a Muslim, not the failure of Islam as a faith for faith tries with fire and blood those who follow it...To guard its sanctity is the duty of every Muslim, not drop it everytime things get tough...

You seem to have confused Islam with your underwear...I agree, you should not take that into the future and change it ASAP...
                          Focus not on who you are but what you do...
                          ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

Originally posted by Spock:
                            There are plenty of mollahs on this site who would have saved yes, but I dont think they will. Too embarassing.

Comment

We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

Working...
                              X