Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should children have freedom to choose any religion, or none.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should children have freedom to choose any religion, or none.

A rational approach to religion in India.

In India, where humanism and atheism have a strong tradition and are not so distant from traditional Hindu thought which rejects "ultimate truths," rationalists are alarmed at the rise of an aggressively militant version of Hinduism.

Narisetti Innaiah, a leader of the country's Rationalist Association, argues that children should be taught about all religions in Indian schools "but on scientific lines".

"Indian children should be taught that gods and demons, devils and apparitions, heaven and hell, are all human creations, and that the world's scriptures are all human works," Innaiah says. "Indian children should have freedom to choose any religion, or none."

^^ Good for them.
    Weather forecast for tonight: dark.

Comment

I think religion is like food. There are many Indians who dont like Indian food but prefer Chinese or American food. Majority Indians prefer Indian food because they have been raised on Indian food and not exposed to other food to make any distinctions. You should follow whatever gives you peace of mind.

Most Hindus are Hindus because their parents are Hindus, same with Muslims. May be if we explore each others religions like food , we may find the one that best suits you, or a combination of all .

Comment

Re: Should children have freedom to choose any religion, or none.

Originally posted by Marathi Maanus:
        A rational approach to religion in India.

In India, where humanism and atheism have a strong tradition and are not so distant from traditional Hindu thought which rejects "ultimate truths," rationalists are alarmed at the rise of an aggressively militant version of Hinduism.

Narisetti Innaiah, a leader of the country's Rationalist Association, argues that children should be taught about all religions in Indian schools "but on scientific lines".

"Indian children should be taught that gods and demons, devils and apparitions, heaven and hell, are all human creations, and that the world's scriptures are all human works," Innaiah says. "Indian children should have freedom to choose any religion, or none."
        Children have a brain all people should be allowed to question their belief. As a muslim the person needs to be convinced by the belief just being born a muslim without even thinking about it is not a good thing.

As for the quote children should be taught along scientific lines what does that mean the fake theory of monkey evolution or the swiss cheese theory of how the world was made in super strings or big bang theory becuase they are theories not fact as they have been shown over time. If your going to be taught these theories then they should be explained fully they are only theories not fact because i had the idea untill i was 14 that we evolved from monkeys and the water cycle is self sustaining i.e evaporation, condensation, percipitation and collection. But they never explained what created this water system!

Comment

Marathi, nice analogy but religion is not food...It's not something your children should have a say in...As a Muslim, I will be asked how I raised my children, if they became non-Muslims, it will be my failure as a father and I will be held accountable for their deeds...
          Focus not on who you are but what you do...
          ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

Re: Should children have freedom to choose any religion, or none.

Originally posted by Marathi Maanus:
            I think this person contradicts himself in this very statement.
            "O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?" - Quran 82:6

Sponsor and choose an orphan at alyateem dot com

Comment

religious atheism?
              Din-e-Mullah fee sabeelillah fasad (Allama Iqbal)

Comment

Working...
              X