Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Is Pork Forbidden In Islam??

>Bob: Tell me why is it that a Muslim is very particular about the
    >words Halaal and Haraam; what do they mean?
    >
    >Yunus: That which is permissible is termed Halaal and that which I
    >not permissible is termed Haraam and it is the Quran which draws the
    >distinction between the two.
    >
    >Bob: Can you give me an example?
    >
    >Yunus: Yes, Islam has prohibited ! blood of any type. You will agree
    >that a chemical analysis of blood shows that it contains an
    >abundance of uric acid, a chemical substance which can be injurious
    >to human health. "
    >
    >Bob: You're right about the toxic nature of uric acid, in the human
    >being it is excreted as a waste product and in fact we are told that
    >98% of the body's uric acid is extracted from the blood by the
    >kidneys and removed through urination.
    >
    >Yunus: Now I think that you'll appreciate the special prescribed
    >method of animal slaughter in Islam.
    >
    >Bob: What do you mean?
    >
    >Yunus: You see, the wielder of the knife, whilst taking the name of
    >the 'Almighty', makes an incision through the jugular veins, leaving
    >all other veins and organs intact.
    >
    >Bob: I see, this causes the death of the animal by a total loss of
    >blood from the! body, rather than an injury to any vital organ.
    >
    >Yunus: Yes, were the organs, example the heart, the liver, or the
    >brain crippled or damaged, the animal could die immediately and its
    >blood would congeal in its veins and would eventually permeate the
    >flesh. This implies that the animal flesh would be permeated and
    >contaminated with uric acid and therefore very poisonous; only today
    >did our dietitians realize such a thing.
    >
    >Bob: Again, while on the topic of food; Why do Muslims condemn the
    >eating of pork or ham or any foods related to pigs or swine.
    >
    >Yunus: Actually, apart from the Quran prohibiting the consumption of
    >pork,bacon (pig flesh); in fact the Bible too in Leviticus chapter
    >11, verse 8, regarding swine it says, ""of their flesh (of the swine
    >another name for pig)shall you not eat, and of their carcass you
    >shall not touch; they are " unclean to you."" " Further, did you
    >know that a pig cannot be slaughtered at the neck for it does not
    >have a neck; that is according to its natural anatomy. A Muslim
    >reasons that if the pig was to be slaughtered and fit for human
    >consumption the Creator would have provided it with a neck.
    >
    >" Nonetheless, all that aside, I am sure you are well informed about
    >the harmful effects of the consumption of pork, in any form, be it
    >pork chops, ham, bacon.
    >
    >Bob: The medical science finds that there is a risk for various
    >diseases as the pig is found to be a host for many parasites and
    >potential diseases.
    >
    >"Yunus: Yes, even apart from that, as we talked about uric acid
    >content in the blood, it is important to note that the pig's
    >biochemistry excretes only 2% of its total uric acid content, the
    >remaining 98% remains as an integral part of the body.

-*n|do*-

i hate it when the interviewer is more of an advocate and pawn than the interviewee and the interview is touted as a genuine debate. have some journalistic integrity for God's sake.
    Din-e-Mullah fee sabeelillah fasad (Allama Iqbal)

Comment

exactly.. why don't just come out and lecture than give an impression of being such a worthy 'debator'..

isn't it enough that it's mentioned in the Qur'an and you already took that leap of faith to regard that Book as God's words??

After that you don't need to rationalize where u can.. cuz baby there's tons of stuff u can't even 'rationalize'..
      JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

ksa kuri nice and informative thread

Comment

Technology allows you to eat pork safely without fear of health repercussions thus the reason given for not eating pork is outdated and no longer valid.

Comment

Originally posted by ravage:
            i hate it when the interviewer is more of an advocate and pawn than the interviewee and the interview is touted as a genuine debate. have some journalistic integrity for God's sake.
            Ha!

Kinda reminds me of those infomercials in which the host is oohing and aahing over the product...But I think this is a pretty good way of outlining why it is forbidden...
            Focus not on who you are but what you do...
            ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

Originally posted by underthedome:
              Technology allows you to eat pork safely without fear of health repercussions thus the reason given for not eating pork is outdated and no longer valid.
              so I can get kosher pork now?
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by underthedome:
                I don't think there were any reasons given in the first place.. people just have to come up with something to justify their beliefs.. when in fact it's all faith based..
                JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

Originally posted by Madhanee:
                  Last night I watched a documentary on Afghan kids living in Karachi (an excellent job by a young Pakistani female). She interviewed a lot of people about the deteriorating law and order and sectarian strife all over our country. One thing struck me as so true. One Pakistani model replied to the interviewer when asked about her views on Shariah Laws: I paraphrase “why do all Shariah Laws appear to revolve around women and how they act, dress, interact, etc.” and also, that “these laws are nothing but a gimmick by the fanatic followers of Islam to keep the women locked behind closed doors”.
                  what does this have to do with the thread? or pigs?

We Muslims have a habit of picking up on one thing, and beating the hell out of it. For a while, it was India, now it is the US, tomorrow it will be Nigeria. The bottom line is that we have made Pig a very popular animal by paying so much attention to it.
                  i dont believe the pig is even slightly popular in muslim mainstream. it was popular enough before we started propagandising in nons.

Muslims need to learn to multi-task. It appears, Pig, women, hijab, and Jihad are the only areas we muslims feel comfortable talking about.
                  i guess its because this is infact the religion forum, and hijab/jihad are very current religious issues. go to any christian forum and all they're talking about is gay marriage, the pope and smiting islam.

Comment

Originally posted by Lajawab:

Ha!

Kinda reminds me of those infomercials in which the host is oohing and aahing over the product...But I think this is a pretty good way of outlining why it is forbidden...
                    Reminds me of "Play dawah"..a mullahs idea of a fun playtime activity in which you pretend to be the interviewee awed over by my knowledge of Islam and its wonderousness.

Genuine hotay to kisi sahi aalim ko qaa'il karte.

and no its not a pretty good way. its hackey, transparent and makes a mockery of our honest and just cause.

Comment

ofcourse they wouldnt mind beer either.

typical childish, emotive arguments involving someoone dying and a ham sandwich. presumably theyre in pakistan? import the ham would you?

or is that pigs, once genetically modified can be grown en masse to cater for the needs of a starving pakistan?

as for the genuine starving facing the ham sandwich, i believe that shariah does allow him to eat it to save his life without incurring azab.

You know, you guys have turned poor pig into Sulman Rushdie of animals.
                      so i've been talking about pigs before, have i? as an aside i dont think salman rushdie is comparable to the pig, because the pig didnt choose to become what it is.

Comment

whats your point?

and no, i've lived in punjab and in nwfp. it is by no means 'common' to have ham for dinner. those who pay 5000 for it arent probably very adherent to their religion. which is fine, so long as they dont insist on changing religion to cover up their failings i dont really give a feck. that still doesnt show that pig is the alternative, new age, wonder food that will save pakistan's poor and hungry. sound arguments please.

It may seem childish to you, because your mind is not capable of looking beyond what your Shariah tells you to do. Good for you.
                        you dont know me enough to comment on the limitations of my mind. kindly stop being an ass.

Do you know the drug addiction rates of Pakistan by any chance? I wonder if that's allowed but beer is not.
                        by implication? drugs should be banned? they are, both in islam and in pakistan. beer shouldnt be banned? im sorry, your correlation does not hold. if you're postulating a social science explanation, atleast make it scientific. get it?

in passing, drinking rates in pakistan arent low either. and since jhatka whiskey in pakistan costs less than drugs, thats usually the first step on the way..

Comment

A jewish friend of mind gave this reason...

he said.." Forget the scientific or educated reason...we don't eat pork because god asks us to..simple. That's it. God says so and we follow".

I agree with him, we don't want to fall into the justification thinking that Christianity has, for example we don't do this because logically it's bad because of those reasons... Faith is not always logical and we humans don't always have the knowledge to know exactly why things are good and bad for us.

Comment

Originally posted by #let uz chat#:
                            ksa kuri nice and informative thread

-*n|do*-

Comment

slow? i usually assume people are relevant to the topic of the discussion. you did not specify who the buyer is, and said foreigners pay even more. in your mind, yes, maybe you meant to say pakistani christians, but *revelation*..nobody else knows that.

i dont really care about exporting/selling stuff to others. nor was this thread about this. care to really make a point about anything at all or must you dabble exclusively in irrelevance?

Comment

Working...
                              X