If your friend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your friend...

This question is especially for those sunnis who have shia friends, others are welcome to have their say but please NO HARSH WORDS!

If your friend or a close friend is a shia and he suddenly dies and you go to his janaza...
    • Would you insist to his family members to have a sunni janaza read instead of a shia janaza?
    • If they say " He lived a life of a shia, and thus we will do a shia janaza" Will you then participate in it?
    • If it was the will of your shia friend that he must have a shia janaza if he died, will you still insist on having a sunni janaza and if a shia janaza eventually take place will you take part in it?

Your views on this are appreciated.

:-/
    Tum Karbala kay baad bhee Syed-Sajjad a.s. ho
    Koi or hota tou khatha Khuda koi nahin hai

Re: If your friend...

Originally posted by little human:
    • Would you insist to his family members to have a sunni janaza read instead of a shia janaza?
    No

• If they say " He lived a life of a shia, and thus we will do a shia janaza" Will you then participate in it?
    Yes

• If it was the will of your shia friend that he must have a shia janaza if he died, will you still insist on having a sunni janaza and if a shia janaza eventually take place will you take part in it?

Yes
    Quite often good things have hurtful consequences. There are instances of men who have been ruined by their money or KILLED by their COURAGE. ~Aristotle

Comment

Re: Re: If your friend...

Originally posted by Anwaar Qureshi:

No

Yes

Yes
      I am surprised....

Comment

Re: Re: Re: If your friend...

I am surprised....

why? oh and i did not realize ur last question had two questions,... so the sequence of my answer should have been No and yes :-)
        Quite often good things have hurtful consequences. There are instances of men who have been ruined by their money or KILLED by their COURAGE. ~Aristotle

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: If your friend...

why?
          coz for me it's not reality

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: If your friend...

why? oh and i did not realize ur last question had two questions,... so the sequence of my answer should have been No and yes :-)
            No that's okay I understood what you mean but still I was surprised.

Comment

well apart from all understanding of various groups and all what i know is that shia are considered as muslims as sunni even though some sunni argue that they have few wrong "aqaaid" etc. but as a whole when look into the definition of muslim according to Quran and Hadeeth, they also follow imaan-e-mufassil- imaan on seven things - shahadah of which makes one muslim... so yes i won't have any problem... feel free to disagree but when it will come to praying namaaz-e-janaazaa i won't insist to have sunni namaaz instead i will participate in it but will pray it according to how a sunni will do :~)

Comment

Re: If your friend...

Not at all.

Yes. I will probably offer it in my way while in the congregation, but will offer it.

Does not apply in my case.

Comment

Would you insist to his family members to have a sunni janaza read instead of a shia janaza?
                  No - but then why should I suggest that they perform the janaza the Sunni way in the first place.

If they say " He lived a life of a shia, and thus we will do a shia janaza" Will you then participate in it?
                  Yes - I don't think I have any say in it.

If it was the will of your shia friend that he must have a shia janaza if he died, will you still insist on having a sunni janaza and if a shia janaza eventually take place will you take part in it?
                  I will attend his Janaza according to his will.

Comment

and what is the difference betwen suni n shia janaza ... ???...
                    "Hold the hand of the person whom you love rather than expecting them to hold urs "

Comment

Originally posted by Sandleen:
                      and what is the difference betwen suni n shia janaza ... ???...
                      just what i wanted to ask....
                      what is the difference????
                      Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Originally posted by armughal:

just what i wanted to ask....
                        what is the difference????
                        I dont know it either.

Comment

i wanna know too..wats the diff and why is there a diff??
                          Disclemer: I mispel al i watn

Comment

There is not much difference.

I have attended a shia janaza, some time ago.

1. The imam recites all of it in loud voice, as in sunnis imam only says takbeer in loud voice and rest is in low voice (as in zuhr,asar prayers).

2. The Dua is different as what sunni pray, and rest is almost same.(may be i am missing something).

I did not find anything offensive or drastically different. They were just minor alterations. Which are also evident from the way shia normally pray.

The imaam for the convenience of sunni present at the namaz-e-janaza, prayed two times once with shia way and other with sunni way. ( so that sunni do not feel out of place )

On the side note I want to say that i came to know the procedure of shia namaz (normal). It is not very much different then sunni's. Just some alterations and nothing wrong i found in their way.

Little human: I think there is nothing wrong in shia way ( in my knowledge) so i have no issues.
                            Bazinggaaaa ....

Comment

and i am surprised at such a nonsense discussion. am i harsh?

Comment

Working...
                              X