Durand Line Restored: Pak Gets 206 Km Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Durand Line Restored: Pak Gets 206 Km Area

How useful is Durand Line for Pakistan? Afghans don't even consider Durand Line as a border.

LINK

QUETTA, August 25 (PNS): Pakistan, after a span of 23 years, has taken back its two hundred and six Kilometres area from Afghanistan after restoration of Durand Line (border in between two counties).

The 2256 Km borderline, given the name Durand Line was created by the British, who made Afghanistan a buffer state in 1893, which remained effective till the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.

The existence of the said line was removed when Mujahideen at that time managed to grip this area.

Pakistan many times did its utmost effort for bringing back this area but they did not prove fruitful.

However the present government due to its efforts made it possible to restore this line. It is learnt that President Musharraf consulted Inspector General Frontier Corp Major General Sadaqat Ali Shah who made this all possible.

Moreover Commandant Pashin Scouts Colonel Sarwar also gave his selfless services for this important task. It is also learnt that the Governor Kandhar also joined hands of friendship and laid foundation at zero point on January 17 2002. After which the governor handed over the 206 km area back to Pakistan.

A hard line of 46 Km has been drawn on Pak-Afghan border for restricting Al-Qaida and Taliban suspects. The remaining work on this line is still in process and a total of 12 border posts have also been made for stopping the menace of terrorism.

It is also learnt patrolling on horses has been increased in hard areas of the border.

PAKISTAN - ALL THE WAY

I dont think the Afghan Pak border is worth much attention... The real problem is with our enemy to the East .

Comment

Originally posted by Adnan Ahmed:
      I dont think the Afghan Pak border is worth much attention...

Actually, it is. Millions of Afghan refugees are trying to enter into Pakistan, which Pakistan can't afford. Along with them, no. of extremists have already entered into Pakistan. Evidence...Attacks against foreigners and minorities.

The real problem is with our enemy to the East .

Ready for any task :soldier:

Comment

Originally posted by Pakistani Tiger:
        Yeah, well I agree there has to be a border, but its location doesnlt concern me to such a degree... We can have a border anywhere and still expect people to cross over, so border is irrelevent.
        The real problem is our border with India.

Comment

Originally posted by queer:
          anywayz, how is land area measured in kms? trust Asim Mughal's PNS to come up with the dumbest of reports when it comes to specifics!
          Ever heard of square kilometers.... or you guys went to dharam shalas instead of convent schools...?

Comment

Is the Durand Line on the Sarhat side or Balochistan side?

Comment

Originally posted by NyFella:
              Is the Durand Line on the Sarhat side or Balochistan side?
              I'm not sure but I think it's on NWFP side.

Comment

Working...
              X