Senate Elections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Senate Elections

I Know it is upper house, and have equal representation from all provinces, but after 18th amendment, when no one can go against the decision of party leadership, how come voting for the senator have any significance, i mean, the respective party leaders, based on their size in different provinces can nominate senator and thats about it..

why all this exercise?
    For Religion, we'll fight, kill & die but will never follow it, where's the fun in that!

Re: Senate Elections

Because its "hidden vote" (as opposed to partition voting in NA) you can actually vote against the party line and not get caught. Thats where all the money is. Its all over media that each vote is selling for around 3-5 crore (specially in Baluchistan and KPK)

Baqi Allah ko ilm
    Goyan keshk aqbat taskeen ast...Awal shor ast aqbat namkeen ast
    Har chanz aasiyat sang zeerey...Ee surat-e-beqrar barbin ast

Comment

^^ Mujhay eak bar offer ho chuki hay, uss waqt rate 1 crore tha... itni inflation... touba touba, kya banay ga iss mulk ka
      For Religion, we'll fight, kill & die but will never follow it, where's the fun in that!

Comment

Originally posted by hanibal View Post
        ^^ Mujhay eak bar offer ho chuki hay, uss waqt rate 1 crore tha... itni inflation... touba touba, kya banay ga iss mulk ka

aray bhai hamara vote tu beqeemat hai. Eik tu wasiey hi koi nahi khareedta aab [MENTION=138981]Zafra[/MENTION] bhai himeen waisey bhi "Kharji" kehtey hain

Comment

Balochistan have the highest rate all along, reason, all the members of Baloch assembly have one vote and every member is minister or have equivalent status.. even if he is in opposition...

then comes Sindh and KPK assemblies.. lastly it is Punjab assembly where it use to be 4 members = 1 vote policy. don't know what happens now.

But the thing is, since it is decision of party high command, that who is going to be the senator from their side... why bother with the elections...

Comment

Originally posted by Decent 6Chora View Post
            aray bhai hamara vote tu beqeemat hai. Eik tu wasiey hi koi nahi khareedta aab [MENTION=138981]Zafra[/MENTION] bhai himeen waisey bhi "Kharji" kehtey hain
            Whoever have no stakes in politics of Pakistan is "Khariji" doesn't matter he lives in or out of Pakistan... carries dual nationality or no nationality at all... Moeen Quershi yaad hay? janab jub PM banay tu un kay pass Pakistan ka ID card hi nahi tha... Ch. Sarwar ko dekh laiN, London say seedha aa ker Laat Sahib lag gaye aur ab PTI kay president bannay jaa rahay haiN...

Comment

Whoever have no stakes in politics of Pakistan is "Khariji" doesn't matter he lives in or out of Pakistan... carries dual nationality or no nationality at all... Moeen Quershi yaad hay? janab jub PM banay tu un kay pass Pakistan ka ID card hi nahi tha... Ch. Sarwar ko dekh laiN, London say seedha aa ker Laat Sahib lag gaye aur ab PTI kay president bannay jaa rahay haiN...
              Thats not applicable. These guys did not have Pakistani citizenship, they relinquished their foreign citizenship (or got Pakistani citizenship) just to take some post. How many are there with such fortune? 1%?

I am talking about rest of the common votes who maintain their Pakistani citizenship.

If we go by your stakes logic, none of Nawaz, Zardari, Altaf etc has any stakes in Pakistan.

Comment

Thats not applicable. These guys did not have Pakistani citizenship, they relinquished their foreign citizenship (or got Pakistani citizenship) just to take some post. How many are there with such fortune? 1%?

I am talking about rest of the common votes who maintain their Pakistani citizenship.

If we go by your stakes logic, none of Nawaz, Zardari, Altaf etc has any stakes in Pakistan.
                who said stakes in Pakistan?

anyone who is citizen of Pakistan, should have right to vote... apart from PTI members

Comment

who said stakes in Pakistan?

anyone who is citizen of Pakistan, should have right to vote... apart from PTI members

thank you. My stand is vindicated

PS: no no not about PTI members but about citizen should be able to vote

Comment

Ab app kay stand ko kya howa, last time sahi welding kerrwa laytay tu bbar bar VINDICATION na kerwani paRti.

yes citizens of Pakistan should be able to vote., PTI members waisay bhi Aaqil aur Baligh nahi haiN... so can't vote

Comment

thank you. My stand is vindicated

PS: no no not about PTI members but about citizen should be able to vote
                      You are a hypocrite. You don't care about citizenship. What you care about is as follows.

You maintain foreign nationalities, with no Pakistani nationality or legal ties and still have the right to vote and think you have some moral authority about Pakistan.

Here is the simple fact of life. You either have the Green Passport and then you can say whatever you want. However if you don't have Pakistani nationality you are a foreigner and have no legal rights in Pakistan including to vote nor do you have any moral authority to speak about Pakistan.
                      Est Sularus oth Mithas

Comment

Originally posted by Zafra View Post
                        You are a hypocrite. You don't care about citizenship. What you care about is as follows.

You maintain foreign nationalities, with no Pakistani nationality or legal ties and still have the right to vote and think you have some moral authority about Pakistan.

Here is the simple fact of life. You either have the Green Passport and then you can say whatever you want. However if you don't have Pakistani nationality you are a foreigner and have no legal rights in Pakistan including to vote nor do you have any moral authority to speak about Pakistan.
                        I have a Green Passport and couple of blue passports. Now dont ask me to scan it and post it here for your satisfaction coz you are not that important

You can carry on you lecture about moral and ethics blah blah

Comment

I have a Green Passport and couple of blue passports. Now dont ask me to scan it and post it her for your satisfaction coz you are not that important

You can carry on you lecture about moral and ethics blah blah

And you are violating the law. Legally you can keep only 2 citizenship if you are from an OECD country. You can't keep more than two and some countries don't even allow that like India.

Also lets be clear if you have a Pakistani passport then you have every rights allocated to a Pakistani. So quit your whining. My point still stands. If you have a Pakistani passport say or do whatever you wish. However if you don't have the passport you are a foreigner and can shut it.
                          Est Sularus oth Mithas

Comment

Originally posted by Zafra View Post
                            And you are violating the law. Legally you can keep only 2 citizenship if you are from an OECD country. You can't keep more than two and some countries don't even allow that like India.

Also lets be clear if you have a Pakistani passport then you have every rights allocated to a Pakistani. So quit your whining. My point still stands. If you have a Pakistani passport say or do whatever you wish. However if you don't have the passport you are a foreigner and can shut it.
                            Only if you remember this discussion started because I complained multiple times that we still cant VOTE (even though constitution allow us to) and I'll keep on complaining about that. You should have asked before showering us with your moral/ethical lecture if I have a passport or not.

Comment

Only if you remember this discussion started because I complained multiple times that we still cant VOTE (even though constitution allow us to) and I'll keep on complaining about that. You should have asked before showering us with your moral/ethical lecture if I have a passport or not.

Simple thing. You can vote. You have the legal authority. What you want is the Government of Pakistan to waste money to provide you a service when you haven't paid any taxes for those services. But I agree let overseas Pakistanis vote and charge them a 250 dollar processing fee.
                              Est Sularus oth Mithas

Comment

Working...
                              X