Religious Extremism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Religious Extremism

What is the local community in Pakistan doing to curb the religious extremism on the rise, or do you think there is internal support for the violence?
    I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Re: Religious Extremism

You are kidding me?
    First encounter our family had was my brother going for running.
    First a guy in big beard passed him on motorbike.
    Then second bike passed him, with two men sitting on it. Right in front of him my brother ,man from second bike
    pull out gun and shot beard man in the head. That beard man was shia scholar.

Getting to the point, local communities are trying stay alive. That too is very important.
    ﺃﷲ ﻧﯣﺮ ﺇﺴﻣﺇﯣﺇﺕ ﯣﺇﻠﺄﺮﺾ_ Best cheese-maker of monkVille

Comment

Originally posted by PyariCgudia View Post
      What is the local community in Pakistan doing to curb the religious extremism on the rise, or do you think there is internal support for the violence?
      Islamic extremists and terrorists are too busy fulfilling what they think is their religious obligation (murdering anyone that doesnt agree with them) to even consider the consequences. And everyone else is to afraid to challenge them or have convinced themselves its some outside agencies that are responsible.

Recently for example, the PTI seems to have reintroduced school age children to the concept of Jihad after such passages were removed by the ANP with hopes of de-radicalizing the environment in the province...
      You know, My friends, with what a brave carouse I made a second Marriage in my house;
      Favored old barren Reason from my bed, and took the daughter of the vine to spouse.
      Omar Khayyam

Comment

Unfortunately all kinds of extremism are cooking in the country esp linguistic/ethnic and that too is destroying parts of the country and government/think tanks are clueless how to get a grip on anything other than monetary bills.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain1 View Post
          Unfortunately all kinds of extremism are cooking in the country esp linguistic/ethnic and that too is destroying parts of the country and government/think tanks are clueless how to get a grip on anything other than monetary bills.
          ANP was on the right track with the syllabus reforms, but then...
          You know, My friends, with what a brave carouse I made a second Marriage in my house;
          Favored old barren Reason from my bed, and took the daughter of the vine to spouse.
          Omar Khayyam

Comment

It is sad and I don't think Pakistan is alone in ethnic violence. It happens in the rest of the subcontinent as well but doesn't make it right. I watch this sehad program on youtube and recently they had an eye surgeon and a professor on it. I later found out he was killed along with his young son by unidentified gunmen for his Shia background. He was doing good and had come back from UK to contribute to his homeland. My teacher, Professor Syed Ali Haider, was buried by his 85-year-old father The Express Tribune Blog Then just recently Najma hanif, a female politician, was shot by unidentified gunmen. She was part of the ANP and an outspoken critic of the Taliban. Gunmen Kill Pakistani Female Politician ANP leader shot dead in Peshawar The Express Tribune

Comment

Her husband was killed in a suicide attack in 2011 when he was with his son. Now she is killed this year. ANP leader Najma Hanif gunned down in Peshawar - DAWN.COM That's a whole family killed because of their beliefs I have a Pakistani online friend who lives in Karachi who worries that though she is Sunni because her name is Fatima and due to her last name she may come across as Shia and be targeted. I don't understand this fear.

Comment

Working...
              X