Till How Long 'Assad' Will Survive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Till How Long 'Assad' Will Survive?

Source: Syria government denies rebel claims that rockets hit Assad motorcade - World News

AMMAN - Syria's government has denied claims that President Bashar Assad's motorcade was hit by rebel rocket fire as he traveled to a mosque to mark the Muslim holiday of Eid al-Fitr.

"The news is wholly untrue," information minister Omran Zoabi told Syrian state television, which aired pictures of Assad showing him unharmed and praying at the Anas bin Malek Mosque.

Earlier, the Tahrir al-Sham rebel brigade, a unit of the Free Syrian Army, said in a statement: "After conducting reconnaissance [on] the timing and course of Bashar al-Assad's motorcade the area was hit with artillery. We pray to God and await the field report about the results."

Islam Alloush of the Liwa al-Islam, another rebel brigade, told Reuters that rebels fired rockets which hit Assad's motorcade as he was heading to attend the prayers.

"Assad was not hit but the information we have based from sources within the regime is that there were casualties within his entourage," Allooush said. Other activists also reported rockets were fired into the Malki area, which was sealed off by security forces. Assad appeared unharmed in the footage.

A spokesman for the Free Syrian Army told NBC News that there had been a rocket attack on the convoy but that there was no verification on whether the motorcade was actually hit.

The spokesman added that, on previous instances of rocket attacks aimed at Assad himself, state television had aired archive pictures of the president.
    Never explain urself to any1 The person who likes u doesn't need it &The person who dislike u won't believe it

Re: Till How Long 'Assad' Will Survive?

I think it's very important to learn from the mistakes of the Iraq war. There needs to be a detailed plan to prepare for what will happen if Assad falls.
    At this stage it just seems the country will fall into a stage of sectarian conflict or war between the supposed moderates and Saudi backed extremists.

Comment

In case of the fall of Baathist government, I think Assad will divide the country in two. I heard that Alawites are concentrate in south, so He will try to carve out the southern Alawite state.
      But for now, it is not sure what will happen in this civil war. Due to the arrival of Qaeda members, the West is reluctant to help rebels.
      kahoon kis se mein ye ja kar, meri qaum e bad-guloo ne
      mujhe qatl kar diya he, ba-gunah e khush nawaai
      - Josh

Comment

What I think these sectarian war within the Middle East will never going to end. Seems like k Qayamat aany mein ab itni dair nahi
        Never explain urself to any1 The person who likes u doesn't need it &The person who dislike u won't believe it

Comment

Allah(swt) knows best when this animal Assad will perish, the people in Syria have it really tough they not only fighting Assads regime they fighting hezbollah and Iranian forces and these 3 are supplied with latest weapons from Russia.

but the syrian people have a just cause and allah(swt) always helps the people who face injustice and oppression.

Comment

^
            Even if the Syrian war ended, then we have Palestine & Israel, Egypt and the some other countries in Middle East where sectarians resistance are going on but at small level. I won't think it will end in near future.

Comment

I think the end of all the violence is near. Once Asad falls as most of members here wish, Israel will no longer have an enemy in the region. With Hizbollah destroyed and Iran weakened and Palestinians with no support from Iran and Hizballah they will be too weak to resist too. Corrupt Arabs countries will lick Israeli boots to welcome them to take more land and then there will be peace everywhere.

Its a shame that for some of us it is a hard decision to decide which side they should be on, Israel and Alqaeda on one side vs. Iran Hizballah on the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by javedmiandad View Post
                Allah(swt) knows best when this animal Assad will perish, the people in Syria have it really tough they not only fighting Assads regime they fighting hezbollah and Iranian forces and these 3 are supplied with latest weapons from Russia.

but the syrian people have a just cause and allah(swt) always helps the people who face injustice and oppression.
                Now that the terrorists and other criminal groups from around the world have joined, Assad suddenly looks like the least of all evils. Perhaps Allah (SWT) no longer favors the opposition, and so Assad remains in power.
                You know, My friends, with what a brave carouse I made a second Marriage in my house;
                Favored old barren Reason from my bed, and took the daughter of the vine to spouse.
                Omar Khayyam

Comment

I am not a Muslim as you can tell from my name but in my opinion if you think America is against Islam and pro israeli then the enemy of islam only wants to destroy Assad because he is also an enemy of Israel. Assad and Iran may be hated by most Sunnis but they are the only ones who really stand against Israel. Certainly not the Arab leaders who interestingly enough are doing Israels bidding by funding rebels opposed to Assad.
                  If Assad should go then should all these Arab leaders but many people here never criticise those leaders the same way they hate Assad.

Comment

Originally posted by sanjsingh View Post
                    I am not a Muslim as you can tell from my name but in my opinion if you think America is against Islam and pro israeli then the enemy of islam only wants to destroy Assad because he is also an enemy of Israel. Assad and Iran may be hated by most Sunnis but they are the only ones who really stand against Israel. Certainly not the Arab leaders who interestingly enough are doing Israels bidding by funding rebels opposed to Assad.
                    If Assad should go then should all these Arab leaders but many people here never criticise those leaders the same way they hate Assad.
                    Assad is against israel? when did that happen he's father gave them golan heights for free and never attacked for past 50 years.

So your argument has no basis and is debunked.

As for arab rulers who said they are supported you think jordan king or saudi kings are really loved by the people? you have a very niave view of middle east politics.

Comment

Asad against Israel happened when you were sleeping like many muslims. Asad never gave golan heights to Israel. It was captured by israel and the only victory against israel achieved was because of Syria. Jordan and saudi are not the only corrupt regimes but each and every arab regime is corrupt. They are worst than israel.

You should automatically know that you are on wrong side if israel endorses your actions. Even a non-muslim like sanjsingh understands syria and Iran's role but some of you here are blinded because of sectarian hatred.
                      Last edited by MAKRANI; Aug 12, 2013, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MAKRANI View Post
                        Asad against Israel happened when you were sleeping like many muslims. Asad never gave golan heights to Israel. It was captured by israel and the only victory against israel achieved was because of Syria. Jordan and saudi are not the only corrupt regimes but each and every arab regime is corrupt. They are worst than israel.

You should automatically know that you are on wrong side if israel endorses your actions. Even a non-muslim like sanjsingh understands syria and Iran's role but some of you here are blinded because of sectarian hatred.
                        i agree arab rulers are corrupt they enemies to their own people.

But diplomatic papers state the golan heights was actually given up without a fight the syrian forces was on the Golan when they was told to leave by their own leaders.

For you to support the brutal slaughter of syrian people by Assads forces with help from the hezbollah you don't have any argument they are in the wrong and you know it.

This nothing to do with sectarian hate this is about what is right and what is very wrong.

Comment

I don't think anyone has supported Assad but some people are saying the opposition aren't exactly going to be a bunch of peace loving hippies. People are worried that one butcher who oppresses Sunnis will be replaced by others who will suppress the Shia and the Alawites.
                          Saif you say it isn't sectarian by why is it that the sunni kingdoms like Qatar and Saudi are supporting the rebels but Shia groups like Iran are supporting Assad?

Comment

Israelis occupied golan heights and it was not gifted to them, in 1973 Syrian tried to liberate golan again but managed to free a very small area. Mission of the Syrian to UN link is here. The Mission of Syria at the United Nations

Assad is the lesser of two evils when compared with Al Sauds or the Israelis. With Saudi's money and support thousands and thousands have lost their lives. If a brutal regime has to be removed then it should be Saudis, Qatar and Bahrains first.

Hezbollah is only defending their own country plus the holy places of holy Prophet's pbuh family. Asad forces are slaughtering foreign militants from 17 countries and anti state syrians. You will know this once you remove the sectarian hatred from your eyes.
                            Last edited by MAKRANI; Aug 13, 2013, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Source

Press TV has conducted an interview with E. Michael Jones, editor of Culture Wars Online Magazine, about renewed clashes between the army and foreign-backed militants in several parts of Syria.

I think what we are seeing here is a civil war over the Islamic mind. Two factions of Islam are battling it out in Syria.

Comment

Working...
                              X