Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NICOP Dilemma... Need advice!... I'm in the UK.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NICOP Dilemma... Need advice!... I'm in the UK.

My parents are British Citizens but are originally from Pakistan (Born & Bred). I was born in the UK.
    So I have Dual Nationality. Always had Pakistani & British Passports.
    I am also married to a Pakistani who's family situation is exactly like mine.

Some of my children have NICOP cards like me.

These NICOP cards need updated as the addresses have changed and some circumstances. one of my children needs a new one as they've never had one before.

DUE to circumstances My parents, siblings and all BLOOD relatives do not talk to me any more and my husband has literally disappeared for nearly a year after we separated.

1) SO... the children who need the NICOPS updated... I do not have there fathers NICOP number to write down on the forms... Is there a way around this? I DO have there current NICOP cards & british passports.

2) AND... my change... I DO NOT have my husbands NOR my fathers NOR any of my blood relatives NICOP numbers... I do have my current NICOP card & british passport.... is there a way around this?

3) AND LASTLY... my child who doesn't have a NICOP at all... again I do not have there dad's NICOP number... please tell me I can still make one!? They have a british passport too.

in the UK I managed to make them a British passport by giving there fathers details (full name and DOB) even when I didn't have his passports number or address... Can I do this with the NICOP cards?... I can give as much details as possible about my husband and father and there addresses in Pakistan... so will this help?

Please Please help!

also if anyone knows the costs of these changes and new forms in pounds i would be very grateful!

Thank You!

Re: NICOP Dilemma... Need advice!... I'm in the UK.

I think , but not 100 % sure , that there is the status part in the forms where you have to state single, divorced , seperated etc .. so if you update yours on that part then you can leave the part blank where you have to write about your husband info on the childrens form ... by simply telling them you dont have/ no contact whatsoever .. its easier if renewing as they can get it from there database but for new application might be hard especially if below 18 as that form needs attested by another nicop holder which cant be relative / family members
    we are creatures in a dangling position ....

Comment

As per NADRA's policy, if an overseas Pakistani who don't have Parents OR Husband (spouse) OR Blood relatives ID number, he/she is not entitled for NICOP. In that case u have to fly back to Pakistan in order to complete/update you data lying in NADRA.

Furthermore, if the NICOP were issued after 2008 then you'll be lucky b'coz ur data will be available in NADRA's database and if in case it is before 2008, then it is a time consuming issue which may take many many months to get you renewed NICOP.

You must provide these info while processing you NICOP:

1- Parent's ID numbers (also written on their old/new Pakistani Passport, Computerized Pakistani Marriage Certificate and Birth Certificate) [At least provide ID numbers only if you don't have original/copy of the said documents]

2- Spouse's ID number (also written on his Pakistani Passport, Computerized Marriage Certificate and Birth Certificate) [At least provide ID numbers only if you don't have original/copy of the said documents]

3- Blood relative is either your grandfather OR grandmother OR father OR mother Or brother OR sister OR son Or daughter. [At least provide ID numbers only if you don't have original/copy of the said documents]

4- Attester could be a any Pakistani who have valid CNIC or NICOP. You may ask person to attest your NICOP Form. [At least provide ID numbers only if you don't have original/copy of the said documents]

Last but not least, as per law of the Government of Pakistan, the dual nationality holder must be registered within nearest consulate/embassy on annual basis if he/she would like to have privileges of having Pakistani Passport and/or ID card otherwise they will loose all privileges like when they had being only a single national of Pakistan.

Make sure you register yourself including your children in nearest Pakistani consulate/embassy on annual basis with whatever documents you have (left with you) and don't forget to get your Pakistani Passport stamped with an observation that "The applicant is a national of so and so country", otherwise in future it will be you and your children who'll face difficulties while getting Pakistani Passport and/or Pakistani Identity i.e., NICOP.

If you have any question, feel free to ask here or pm me. Good-luck.
      Last edited by Ali_Syed; Aug 12, 2013, 06:42 AM.
      Never explain urself to any1 The person who likes u doesn't need it &The person who dislike u won't believe it

Comment

Ali Bhai
        Never explain urself to any1 The person who likes u doesn't need it &The person who dislike u won't believe it

Comment

Working...
        X