Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Muslim youth feel alienated from secular politics but want Islamic laws!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll: Muslim youth feel alienated from secular politics but want Islamic laws!

The majority of youth from Egypt, Tunisia, Libya and Yemen - countries that went through a revolutionary wave of demonstrations and protests that began in December 2010 - feel disenfranchised from the political process in their country, a poll conducted by Al Jazeera Studies Centre has revealed.

The study, published on Monday, also found that most of the 8,045 of women and men aged 17 to 31 surveyed from the four so-called "Arab Spring" nations, did not believe that their recently elected parliaments represented them.

The research, published on Monday, also examined how young people identified themselves in the four countries. It revealed that youth from Tunisia, Libya and Yemen considered themselves Muslims before affiliating themselves with their nationalistic identities.

Egypt, however, was the only country where more respondents said they felt Egyptian before identifying themselves as Muslim. About 63 percent said they were Egyptian first, while only 35 percent said they were Muslim first.

The majority of the young men and women surveyed from all four countries considered Sharia, or Islamic law, an essential source of legislation.

Support for the implementation of Sharia was the largest among Libyan youth (at about 93 percent), followed by Yemen (89 percent), Tunisia (64 percent), and Egypt (57 percent).

Poll: Arab youth feel alienated from politics - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

mashallah good to see rejection of nationalism by the youth a great disease among many muslims sadly, Also they want shariah islamic laws because they have confidence in it even though the colonial states trying their best to eradicate these wishes of theirs.

Re: Poll: Muslim youth feel alienated from secular politics but want Islamic laws!

The youth in arab nations have woken up the fear of living under western imposed dictators is over. The next few years will be interesting will they establish their dream of an islamic state or will it be more misery under yet more hand picked western stooges!

Comment

Re: Poll: Muslim youth feel alienated from secular politics but want Islamic laws!

Ramadan coming to an end and we get some good news al ham dulilah

I want to know is their any recent polls on what youth in pakistan want?

I am sure it is same as the muslims of middle east.

Comment

These dimwits wanting religious rule over secular one reaffirms my atheism.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhenghe View Post
          I want to know is their any recent polls on what youth in pakistan want?
          Majority of Pakistanis want government to Islamise society: Gallup Poll – The Express Tribune

here 67% want islamic government in pakistan

Most Muslims Want Democracy, Personal Freedoms, and Islam in Political Life | Pew Global Attitudes Project

here s is 87% want islamic laws

Majority of polls most of these are western initiated poll i should add always indicate the overwhelming majority of Pakistan population want islamic government in some form.

Comment

Originally posted by TheObviousTroll View Post
            These dimwits wanting religious rule over secular one reaffirms my atheism.
            yeah you mentioned that line 10 times already try a new comment.

you can have your secular laws keep it in your western nations no problem. But why you have to bomb our countries invade them occupy them and force them to accept your puppets and hypocrisy democracy with use of physical violence?

Comment

muslim youth may want to islamize society, but have not a clue in hell what they mean by it or how to do it. even the ones on this forum who keep parroting the same thing 10 times in every thread they visit - secularism stole my pajamas blahblah

all that keeps happening is these countries getting more and more violent in the name of this jihad and that jihad and their youth slurping up conspiracy theories about the illuminati and free masons.
              Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Originally posted by queer View Post
                - secularism stole my pajamas blahblah
                Valid fear that... Better tie my shalwar extra tight.
                You know, My friends, with what a brave carouse I made a second Marriage in my house;
                Favored old barren Reason from my bed, and took the daughter of the vine to spouse.
                Omar Khayyam

Comment

muslim youth may want to islamize society, but have not a clue in hell what they mean by it or how to do it. even the ones on this forum who keep parroting the same thing 10 times in every thread they visit - secularism stole my pajamas blahblah

all that keeps happening is these countries getting more and more violent in the name of this jihad and that jihad and their youth slurping up conspiracy theories about the illuminati and free masons.
                  what has the rulers of pakistan, egypt, morrocco, algeria etc etc who all follow secular laws and constitutions done in past 40 -50 years that's so fantastic for its people have they removed poverty have they progressed the nations? please let us know we waiting with anticipation.

The method to rule by islam is well documented on this forum on many previous threads. For you to claim 2 billion muslims which contain engineers, political thinkers and strategists, economists don't know how to rule by islamic shariah is firstly ignorant and based on no evidence.

Your final point about violence is quite ironic since it is the secular west which routinely invades, carpet bombs puts sanctions on man woman and child in numerous muslim nations and you want to call muslims the violent ones?

More the case you need to stop lying to yourself and the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Saif7 View Post

The method to rule by islam is well documented on this forum on many previous threads. For you to claim 2 billion muslims which contain engineers, political thinkers and strategists, economists don't know how to rule by islamic shariah is firstly ignorant and based on no evidence.
                    the evidence is there even in your own post's first line. here..

what has the rulers of pakistan, egypt, morrocco, algeria etc etc who all follow secular laws and constitutions done in past 40 -50 years
                    countries that call themselves "Islamic" officially and can't figure out how to enforce islamic rules. we see this time and time again. this is exactly what i meant.

Your final point about violence is quite ironic since it is the secular west which routinely invades, carpet bombs puts sanctions on man woman and child in numerous muslim nations and you want to call muslims the violent ones?
                    muslim nations are extremely adept at shifting all blame to the west. why is syria violent today? did anyone carpet-bomb egypt? tsk..
                    Simple ain't easy.

Comment

the evidence is there even in your own post's first line. here..

countries that call themselves "Islamic" officially and can't figure out how to enforce islamic rules. we see this time and time again. this is exactly what i meant.

muslim nations are extremely adept at shifting all blame to the west. why is syria violent today? did anyone carpet-bomb egypt? tsk..
                      according to your view Egypt, Algeria, Morrocco and pakistan which all have secular constitutions are now islamic according to your view lol? you need to get a dictionary and find out the meaning of constitution because it is missing from your educational upbringing clearly.

Iraq, afghanistan, Libya, Somalia, Lebanon, Kuwait, Sudan, Yemen, Pakistan all carpet bombed and thats just the muslims nations mentioned & conveniently missing from your reply jeeez i wonder why? must be their fault again and the sneaky muslims shift blame according to you! never the fault of United States and its messed up policies.

Comment

according to your view Egypt, Algeria, Morrocco and pakistan which all have secular constitutions are now islamic according to your view lol? you need to get a dictionary and find out the meaning of constitution because it is missing from your educational upbringing clearly.
                        really.. my bad, i thought it was pakistanis who named their country the ISLAMIC republic of Pakistan. now i realize it was me. so it has been SECULAR republic of Pakistan all along?

Iraq, afghanistan, Libya, Somalia, Lebanon, Kuwait, Sudan, Yemen, Pakistan all carpet bombed and thats just the muslims nations mentioned & conveniently missing from your reply jeeez i wonder why? must be their fault again and the sneaky muslims shift blame according to you! never the fault of United States and its messed up policies.
                        most of these countries got buggered because they couldnt live with each other in peace. its that simple. if these hellholes werent full of violent religious bigots who are eager to kill each other, US or no US, they would have been okay.
                        Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Libya - So you don't think the UN should step in when a dictator starts slaughtering people?

Iraq - another **** hole but I guess Saddam is your hero, after all nothing wrong with gassing people who don't share your beliefs.

Kuwait? Helped by US and UK when Iraq invaded?

Sudan? So you don't think the UN should step in when a dictator starts slaughtering people?

I think you'll find the mullahs have killed more civilians in Pakistan than the americans

Comment

regardless of the comments of certain individual who are pro American war machine and its massacres across the planet.

the reality is no matter how much violence the Americans use. the Muslims still want Islamic laws and Islamic state as proved by these polls and the public opinion.

Comment

When was pakistan carpet bombed by USA or any country except India?

Guess you dont know meaning of carpet bombing? Talk about dictionary eh?
                              Tu bhi villain ban sakta tha, "BILLA" ban sakta tha.....

Comment

Working...
                              X