Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US corporation signs huge oil deal In Iraq but War was not about oil they claimed!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US corporation signs huge oil deal In Iraq but War was not about oil they claimed!!!

BAGHDAD — A deputy prime minister overseeing Iraq’s oil industry criticized Exxon Mobil on Sunday over its effort to expand into the semiautonomous Kurdish region in the country’s north.

The statement from the official, Hussein al-Shahristani, said the central government had cautioned Exxon against pursuing oil deals in Kurdistan. The government considers such agreements to be illegal until long-awaited rules can be worked that would divide revenues among Iraq’s fractious regions.

Mr. Shahristani’s office issued its statement after Exxon, whose headquarters are in Irving, Tex., became the first major international oil company to sign a contract in Kurdistan.

Exxon declined to comment, but officials in Kurdistan confirmed that a contract had been signed on Oct. 18. On Sunday, the regional energy minister, Ashti Hawrami, told reporters at an oil conference in Erbil, the Kurdish capital, that Exxon had been awarded six exploration blocks.

With the deal, Exxon is wading into a dispute that has dogged Iraq since the American invasion in 2003. Oil is the source of Iraq’s wealth, and the American invasion threw control of the country’s rich reserves into question, worsening the longstanding enmity between the Kurds and other Iraqis. President George W. Bush’s administration considered Iraq’s passage of an oil law to split revenues a crucial benchmark to long-term peace.

The government in Baghdad considers Exxon’s deal illegal until long-awaited rules can be worked out to split revenues among Iraq’s fractious regions.

So the invasion and division of iraq was for humanity and freedom and all the other rubbish the US propoganda machine pumped out to the world and they said to anyone foolish enough to belive them the invasion had nothing to do with greed for oil!!!! as the above story shows the American regime are kuffar and as kuffar we know they lie and here they lied again no surprise!

Re: US corporation signs huge oil deal In Iraq but War was not about oil they claimed

what's wrong if Exxon or anyother company does a oil or whatever other deal with Iraq? Iraq has oil and they have to sell it to someone. Exxon has the know-how and resources.

This particular issue is about Iraqi minister taking offense at Exxon for signing a deal to develop kurdish regional resources.

Comment

Re: US corporation signs huge oil deal In Iraq but War was not about oil they claimed

Originally posted by javedmiandad View Post
      BAGHDAD — A deputy prime minister overseeing Iraq’s oil industry criticized Exxon Mobil on Sunday over its effort to expand into the semiautonomous Kurdish region in the country’s north.

The statement from the official, Hussein al-Shahristani, said the central government had cautioned Exxon against pursuing oil deals in Kurdistan. The government considers such agreements to be illegal until long-awaited rules can be worked that would divide revenues among Iraq’s fractious regions.

Mr. Shahristani’s office issued its statement after Exxon, whose headquarters are in Irving, Tex., became the first major international oil company to sign a contract in Kurdistan.

Exxon declined to comment, but officials in Kurdistan confirmed that a contract had been signed on Oct. 18. On Sunday, the regional energy minister, Ashti Hawrami, told reporters at an oil conference in Erbil, the Kurdish capital, that Exxon had been awarded six exploration blocks.

With the deal, Exxon is wading into a dispute that has dogged Iraq since the American invasion in 2003. Oil is the source of Iraq’s wealth, and the American invasion threw control of the country’s rich reserves into question, worsening the longstanding enmity between the Kurds and other Iraqis. President George W. Bush’s administration considered Iraq’s passage of an oil law to split revenues a crucial benchmark to long-term peace.

The government in Baghdad considers Exxon’s deal illegal until long-awaited rules can be worked out to split revenues among Iraq’s fractious regions.

So the invasion and division of iraq was for humanity and freedom and all the other rubbish the US propoganda machine pumped out to the world and they said to anyone foolish enough to belive them the invasion had nothing to do with greed for oil!!!! as the above story shows the American regime are kuffar and as kuffar we know they lie and here they lied again no surprise!

you are a big man ! now you have to bother about iraqi oil ?. you have more problems at your door step than barack hussain obamma the guy who is president of america , you should call him . only that man can solve your mental problems you come up daily .rest assured either he will fix your daily urge or he will step down in your favour seeing your present mental state .

Comment

Originally posted by BindazChakkar View Post
        what's wrong if Exxon or anyother company does a oil or whatever other deal with Iraq? Iraq has oil and they have to sell it to someone. Exxon has the know-how and resources.

This particular issue is about Iraqi minister taking offense at Exxon for signing a deal to develop kurdish regional resources.
        you miss point the Americans said they not invading Iraq for oil they claimed it was WMD's then saddam hussien.

All world knew it was for oil and this deal is proof and confirmation this illegal war was for oil.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhenghe View Post
          you miss point the Americans said they not invading Iraq for oil they claimed it was WMD's then saddam hussien.

All world knew it was for oil and this deal is proof and confirmation this illegal war was for oil.
          what does exxon doing a commercial business deal for oil e&p to do with the war? I hope you know that exxon has literally hundreds of those deals with dozens of countries.

Comment

Thanks for stating the obvious Javed in Paris.
            Everything is about oil... The need for resources, and defending those resources lies at the heart of all conflicts.

Everyone knows that. Why else would the Middle East be so important!?!?! Saudia Arabia would be another sand box but for their oil.

And would the US really gives a rats rear end for Israel if it wasn't their man in the Middle East?!?

No one ever says it, but its always about resources.
            You know, My friends, with what a brave carouse I made a second Marriage in my house;
            Favored old barren Reason from my bed, and took the daughter of the vine to spouse.
            Omar Khayyam

Comment

Originally posted by Med911 View Post
              Thanks for stating the obvious Javed in Paris.
              Everything is about oil... The need for resources, and defending those resources lies at the heart of all conflicts.

Everyone knows that. Why else would the Middle East be so important!?!?! Saudia Arabia would be another sand box but for their oil.

And would the US really gives a rats rear end for Israel if it wasn't their man in the Middle East?!?

No one ever says it, but its always about resources.
              let the paris band carry on!

Comment

Okay talk about stating the obvious...

Exxon aside the wars instigator G.W Bush had a carreer in Oil. As did most of the Whitehouse war hawks... The American and British public also know its all about the Oil as is the Libya debacle.... resources were the real reason for sure.

There was never any WMD.

There was never any Al Qaeda.

Now theres reason for other countries e.g Iran, Syria etc to pursue Nuclear deterrent... afterall no country wants to be practically raped by a super power. Secondly we have America to thank for a global war on Terror. They have basically become the chief recruiting seargents for Terrorists. Wahabism and Islamic theocratic groups ave been around for a long time but never had they been taken as serieously now and never have they had this kind of support.

Theres a reason why the Taliban are the worlds most succesful and tennacious terrorist insurgents right now, for every Talib the Americans and Nato kill they in-advertently create scores more extremists.

This whole war is a disaster, so many lives wasted for nothing. Except the big corporations who are raking in the money right now... payed with American lives and the lives of innocent people...
                Everyone knows "Jaws" was Chuck Norris's Goldfish, but not many folk know that "Godzilla" was Faris Udeen's pet Iguana.

Comment

It was about the US dollar. Saddam changed his tune and wanted Euros (new currency at the time) for his oil and the Americans couldn't have that. Same thing with Gaddafi, he was an ass before the Arab spring but they only invaded (or didn't aid him) because he wanted to switch to a gold based currency.

The reason the US protects their currency so vehemently is because that's the reason they are able to circumvent normal rules of economics. Instead of having to export resources or services they can just export their currency (which they can print for free). All the oil in the world is priced and sold in US dollars, thus everyone wants US dollars. After the financial collapse people are starting to call for a second reserve currency so that the whole world is not so dependent on the US dollar.
                  If a man speaks in a forest and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Faris Udeen View Post

Exxon aside the wars instigator G.W Bush had a carreer in Oil. As did most of the Whitehouse war hawks... The American and British public also know its all about the Oil as is the Libya debacle.... resources were the real reason for sure.

There was never any WMD.

Now theres reason for other countries e.g Iran, Syria etc to pursue Nuclear deterrent... afterall no country wants to be practically raped by a super power. Secondly we have America to thank for a global war on Terror. They have basically become the chief recruiting seargents for Terrorists. Wahabism and Islamic theocratic groups ave been around for a long time but never had they been taken as serieously now and never have they had this kind of support.

Theres a reason why the Taliban are the worlds most succesful and tennacious terrorist insurgents right now, for every Talib the Americans and Nato kill they in-advertently create scores more extremists.

This whole war is a disaster, so many lives wasted for nothing. Except the big corporations who are raking in the money right now... payed with American lives and the lives of innocent people...
                    You dont become a global super power without breaking some necks...

Wasnt it Roosevelt who said "Speak softly, but carry a big stick" ?
                    You know, My friends, with what a brave carouse I made a second Marriage in my house;
                    Favored old barren Reason from my bed, and took the daughter of the vine to spouse.
                    Omar Khayyam

Comment

There was never any WMD.

Honestly, I cant think of any conflict that isnt in some way related to the acquisition of, marketing of, or in defense of some resource or another. Even the Afghan conflict, is essentially one of resources. For one thing, its a defensive war in the sense that OBL apparently attacked the US because he did not want US troops to be stationed in Saudi. The US troops are their essentially to procure and defend oil assets. So going into Afghanistan to attack OBL and Al Qaeda is in defense of US oil interests by extension.
                      Also, Afghanistan is in the middle of it all, meaning its strategically placed. It pretty much connects everything in Asia.
                      Omar Khayyam

Comment

Originally posted by javedmiandad View Post

dude i don't know what is your problem, but let me explain to you in layman terms.

1) US attack Iraq, Iraqi's support the invasion and also whole Middle East. if American's lie i dont' give a shyt.

2) US-led forces kept moving with the support of half of Iraqi population from Kurd's to all kind a shyt in Iraq.

3) Elections, Government elected. Now Iraq have a full functioning government with parliament, again i don't give a shyt if they are being controlled by Americans.

4) It's not just American Exxon which secure the contract, before Exxon, BP & Total it was Chinese & Turkish who signed long term contracts with Baghdad & Kurdish controlled areas.

5) Who is the winner, well both Americans & Iranians.

6) At least Iraq is better then Saddam arsehole. !
                        I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Comment

There was never any WMD.

Mashallah good post brother put the people supporting the kuffar america military in their place.

Just look at the silly excuses these fools come out with to justify american murdering hundreds of thousands of muslims and the robbery of iraqi oil

Comment

You dont become a global super power without breaking some necks...
                            Med911 my friend I grudgingly agree with what your saying however I dont believe that its the right attitude either from a humanist view or an Islamic viewpoint.

I hope the Chinese or Indians dont adopt this stance or then we will have serious trouble on our hands.

I'm sorry but I certaily dont agree with this outdated and eliteist way of thinking... Roosevelts ideas are no different to those of our Choudharis of old who would say "Jis ke Laathi uski behns". In fact this way of thinking is also shared by the Taliban and Al Capone. It does not make it right... all the good that humanity has achieved is shoved into the fire by this stupid way of thinking that you can control people by the whip. Sure you can but it does not make it right and people need to learn the power of love and co-existance which is something its taken me a bitter time of struggle to learn.

The idea that to become great you have to crack a few heads is utterly wrong. China is a great nation and whilst not perfect as it does indeed also use violent means to become large thwey are by no means as aggresive as the West and in fact are far more stable. This is the case with several other big countries, Brazil, Iran even to an extent India and Indonesia. Nobody goes around in the cavalier fashion of the USA and certainly nobody breaks the law like America or Isreal.

Now sure America can argue its role in Afghanistan was defensive agression but against Iraq it was pure agression. And if in defence of oil was the cause for that war then hell has it backfired becuase Al Qaeda has actually got into Iraq on an American bandwagon. Sadam did his best to keep out Islamists, Communists, Socialists etc but now that hes gone its dog eat dog.
                            Now as for our friend Firenze please refrain from using abusive terminology even layman have respect and common sense.
                            1) US attack Iraq, Iraqi's support the invasion and also whole Middle East. if American's lie i dont' give a shyt.

2) US-led forces kept moving with the support of half of Iraqi population from Kurd's to all kind a shyt in Iraq.

3) Elections, Government elected. Now Iraq have a full functioning government with parliament, again i don't give a shyt if they are being controlled by Americans.

4) It's not just American Exxon which secure the contract, before Exxon, BP & Total it was Chinese & Turkish who signed long term contracts with Baghdad & Kurdish controlled areas.

5) Who is the winner, well both Americans & Iranians.

6) At least Iraq is better then Saddam arsehole. !
                            Seriously my friend you need to remove the emotional issues that you have... I note you cant write without using abusive language and that too on an issue in which you actually dont know that much about in the first place. Please go over and research the whole story and look back at the sections I highlighted in bold.

justify american murdering hundreds of thousands of muslims and the robbery of iraqi oil
                            Brother Rommel (what an odd choice of screen name) if we Muslims were not so rotten and blind with our own issues none of this would happen. We have massive internal problems and those are what we need to adress before we begin to even think of taking a revisionist look at this current war on terror.
                            Everyone knows "Jaws" was Chuck Norris's Goldfish, but not many folk know that "Godzilla" was Faris Udeen's pet Iguana.

Comment

Med911 my friend I grudgingly agree with what your saying however I dont believe that its the right attitude either from a humanist view or an Islamic viewpoint.

I hope the Chinese or Indians dont adopt this stance or then we will have serious trouble on our hands.
                              I never said it was right. Im saying it simply how it is.

We all do it. China and India AND even Pakistan have been doing it for DECADES!
                              Look at how ruthlessly Pakistan has defended its interests in East Pakistan, Afghanistan, Balochistan, Kashmir etc. Look how India has defended its interests in Kashmir, Punjab, go back to Hyderabd Deccan, Goa, Junagar, Naga Land etc.
                              China puts even the Americans to shame in defense of its interests in Xianjing, Tibet, Taiwan. In fact, if we were honest with ourselves, we would be far more repulsed by the Chinese then the Americans for their treatment of Muslims in China, who have perhaps as much to complain of as the Palestinians, if not more considering how the Chinese state regulates and controls relgious practice. What would people like this "Rommel" say if Americans were forcing Muslim Americans to only give state approved Khutbahs during jumma services, as the Chinese have been accused of doing? And do you truly believe that that Buddhist Nuns and Monks in Tibet commit suicide by setting themselves on fire just because they are crazy?!?!?
                              Omar Khayyam

Comment

Working...
                              X