• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live - South Africa v England

Twenty20 international, Johannesburg:

LIVE TEXT COMMENTARY (all times GMT)

606: DEBATE
    Your thoughts on the action
    e-mail [email protected] (with 'For Sam Lyon' in the subject), text 81111 (with "CRICKET" as first word) or use606(Not all comments can be used)

By Sam Lyon

1535: It's a new-look opening partnership for England - their 14th in 22 matches, by the way, with Alastair Cook and Joe Denly paired up - in what is the same side thatwere bowled out for 89 against South Africa Ain the week. Which bodes well. Former Kent all-rounder Ryan McLaren makes his debut for South Africa.1532: So, under glorious sunshine at the Wanderers in Jo'burg, tails (never fails) hands Proteas captain Graeme Smith the toss. He opts to bowl first on what looks a doozy of a wicket, his hope being the "ball will come onto the bat a bit better later in the day". England counterpart Paul Collingwood admits he would've liked a bowl too. Oops.SOUTH AFRICA WIN TOSS AND WILL FIELD FIRSTPearlsaswinger on 606:"Good luck England - I suspect we may well need it. Collingwood needs a performance from the boys today, but I expect South Africa to win this at a canter."1525: Lest we forget, South Africa might be the number one team in the Test rankings and veritable heavyweights in the short forms of the game, but England have got the wood over them the last four times they have met. With injury worries surrounding Stuart Broad, Kevin Pietersen and Alastair Cook, and Andrew Strauss having made himself unavailable for Twenty20s, it might prove a tall order - but when have England ever made things easy for themselves Exactly.RookeryMike on 606:"What news of the Swann moustache What style is it I think it would be particularly rewarding to see him trundling in sporting a handlbar, a little upper lip tribute to the early protagonists in this great game of ours."1520: As we wait for news of the teams and the toss to come through, why not lend me your thoughts on all things leather-and-willow The mediums open to you are email, 606, text via 81111 and smoke-signal, though the success of the latter is a bit more hit and miss, I must confess. Get involved. Jubbly.1515: Afternoon folks. The working week is drawing to a close, your eyes are locked firmly on the office wall clock, and the remaining hours of your job are proving about as much fun as a Jedward Christmas album. Fear not. For I bring you the perfect distraction to see you through the remainder of your Friday before the weekend mayhem begins. It's Johannesburg, it's South Africa v England, and it's Twenty20 slap and tickle. And as if that wasn't enough - England spinnerGraeme Swann will be sporting a moustache.Praise beThis article is from the BBC News website. © British Broadcasting Corporation, The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.

source...
    I said in search of my botni, not in search of my bhootni. Please stop sending me PMs.
Working...
X