Palestinian killed on Gaza border

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Palestinian killed on Gaza border

Israeli troops have shot dead a Palestinian man, and wounded another, near a border crossing with Gaza.Gazan medics said they retrieved the body of a 16-year-old boy, who they described as an unarmed civilian, near the Karni crossing.

The Israeli military said they would investigate the incident but the group "appeared to be planting explosives".

Clashes have been relatively rare in Gaza since Israel's military offensive in December and January.

'Hunting birds'

An Israeli military spokeswoman said one Palestinian had been taken to Israel for treatment. He was in a critical condition. Another three Palestinians had been detained.

A Palestinian hospital official told the AP news agency that the group were civilians who were hunting birds.

Gaza has been controlled by Hamas since it ousted Fatah forces in June 2007. The strips borders, airspace and coast line are controlled by Israel, and Egypt along the southern border.

The territory is under a crippling Israeli blockade under which only a limited number of humanitarian goods are allowed in.
    I said in search of my botni, not in search of my bhootni. Please stop sending me PMs.
Working...
X