Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woods takes charge in Melbourne

SECOND ROUND LEADERBOARD:
    -10 T Woods (US) -7 J Nitties (Aus), C Chalmers (Aus), J Dufner (US) -6 M Goggin (Aus), M Villegas (Col), A Hall (Aus) Selected others: -2 A Scott (Aus)

World number one Tiger Woods carded a four-under-par 68 to take a three-stroke lead after the second round of the Australian Masters.The 33-year-old struggled in the wind but ended on top at Kingston Heath Golf Club, three clear of Greg Chalmers, Jason Dufner and James Nitties.

Woods birdied the opening two holes and also picked up shots at the 6th and 12th to finish on 10 under.

"It was a pretty good number considering the conditions," he said.

"Today I didn't really do anything great but I made two big par putts at nine and 14 to keep the round going.

"To not drop a shot today was hard. Those are always days that you feel quite good about."

606: DEBATE
    Can anyone stop Woods in Australia
    Australian Nitties, who jointly held the overnight lead, was within a stroke of Woods when he claimed his third birdie on the par-five 14th.

However, two late bogeys disrupted his challenge and he had to settle for a 71.

Meanwhile, former Ryder Cup player Andrew Coltart failed to keep his European Tour card when he missed the cut.

The Scot needed to climb just three places on the money list, but crashed out on eight over par after rounds of 77 and 75.
    I said in search of my botni, not in search of my bhootni. Please stop sending me PMs.
Working...
X