Benneteau stuns Federer in Paris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benneteau stuns Federer in Paris

Britain's Andy Murray is hoping for a strong run at the Paris Masters as he hones his preparations for the ATP World Tour Finals in London.The 22-year-old opens up against James Blake after 1945 GMT on Wednesday, fresh from lifting his sixth trophy of the season in Valencia on Sunday.

"I want to play as many matches as possible so I'm match tight going into London," said the world number four.

Valencia was Murray's first tournament following a six-week injury lay-off.

He is confident the problem with his left wrist is now behind him.

"I practised for about a week before Valencia and I didn't have any problems then I played five matches there, which was good, and it's not been too bad in any of the matches that I've played," he stated.

606: DEBATE
    How far can Murray go this week
    "I've been icing it and seeing the physio every day and it's getting a lot better."

Murray joins the rest of the world's top five in Paris before the eight-man Tour Finals at the O2 Arena in London rounds off the year.

If Murray can get past Blake, who he beat in the Queen's final earlier this year, the Scot could then face Radek Stepanek before a possible quarter-final against US Open champion Juan Martin del Potro.

Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic also open their campaigns on Wednesday, while Del Potro faces Marat Safin in the Russian's final tournament before retiring.
    I said in search of my botni, not in search of my bhootni. Please stop sending me PMs.
Working...
X