• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live text - Murray v Blake

LIVE TEXT COMMENTARY (all times GMT)

606: DEBATE
    Your thoughts on the action
    To get involved text us on 81111 with TENNIS before your message. (Not all contributions can be used; UK mobiles only; network rates apply)

By Mark Ashenden

Murray 6-3* Blake
    That was a stroll in the end. Three set points and a brilliant dropshot hands Murray the set.Murray *5-3 Blake
    Murray makes a sweet pass to grab the opening point. Another Blake dropshot gets Murray scrambling across the court. Murray hits back though and gets the break back. One game from the set. Steady, unspectacular.Murray 4-3* Blake
    Murray's chance to try a cheeky drop and it works thanks to a whole bag of spin. Nice. Blake is really unlucky after playing a cracking cross-court shot that snags the tape and goes just wide. Was going to use the words 'snibs' then but realised some may not understand my conkers terminology. Anybody know their conkersMurray *3-3 Blake
    Blake is wearing support on his right knee and ankle and he's looking a little jaded. Just a blip I reckon. Both players looking a little tired. Murray recovers to deuce after a brilliant run around to all corners of the court finishing with a tidy cross-court dropshot. A dodgy Blake smash keeps him in it and another dropshot finally pays off. All level.

Chelski-4-life on 606:"Andy to win comfortably 6-2 6-2 .. blake is at the end of his career and ageing .. so murray will have no problems.."

Murray 3-2* Blake
    Murray bangs down some more serve bullets but Blake showing some resistance. Murray sporting an all white outfit apart from some red straps on his back which gives the impression he's wearing a small rucksack. Blake is airborne on the baseline and an attempted dropshot falls short. The American just needs to just take it easy - too many errors. A fabulous Blake backhand makes it deuce after a weak second serve. Game on folks - Blake's woken up. It's Murray's time for a loose one which goes long. And the break has gone after Murray plants one into the tape and the ball skids wide.Murray *3-1 Blake
    At last, a rally. Murray moving like a rabbit - that's smooth by the way - and he takes the first two points after several stunning half-volleys. Blake looking a little sleepy and a limp backhand into the net and it's the first break of serve. I wonder what time the Paris Metro closes A few empty seats now after the Federer clash.

Murray 2-1* Blake
    Murray firing up with his serve and the ball is whipping off the hard blue surface. And it's over before I say it's over. Another ace.Murray *1-1 Blake
    Blake is sporting a white headband and a 6/10 beard. Chin coverage I mean. Bit scruffy - maybe he grew it waiting for the Federer game to finish. A lot of backhands strangely. Just an observation. Not a lot of noise from the crowd and that's it. Game over.Murray 1-0* Blake
    It's 20 minutes away from midnight and Murray takes an easy first game with a sweet ace. Gentle starter.* denotes next to serve

2232: It's Murray to serve first. Here goes....

5 live's team tweeting from Paris:"Benneteau showing some nice skills... Federer's radar way off... Murray sitting in the players lounge, running out of things to do"2229:

So the world number one Feds is out. Perhaps he's resting ahead of London The 15-time Grand Slam champion has still never been further than the quarters at the Paris Masters. Benneteau aced his first match point and fell to the floor in tears. They've mopped them all up and Murray and Blake are warming up. Is anybody out there Still up2226: Thanks to Nadal's epic and Federer losing out over three sets to local boy Benneteau, Murray has had to knock back a Horlicks, slip out of his pyjamas (possibly) and get onto court. It's nearing midnight local time. Just three days after hoisting his sixth trophy of the season, he's fighting for a third round spot in the Paris Masters. Murray and Blake are 1-1 in the head-to-head and the last time they played...In the summer in London at the Queen's final when Muzza came through. Will his recovering wrist hold up Can he show some form with the London ATP World Tour Finals coming up in two weeks We shall soon find out…..

RealFrenchFan on 606:"Andy has too much class for James Blake who is clearly a spent force now - to think the played the TMC final only a few years ago..."

2220: Wakey wakey! Unbelievable - Roger Federer is out of the Paris masters after a phenomenal show from Frenchman Julien Benneteau in three sets. It's been a day of emotions in France. Safin bowed out of the great gameand Nadal survived five match points tosee off fellow Spaniard Nicolas Almagro.Benneteau is still blubbing - will there be any more tears tonight But now it's Murray time after a mammoth wait and he's up against American James Blake. Get your texts and 606 comments in now. Up for some Parisian madness
    I said in search of my botni, not in search of my bhootni. Please stop sending me PMs.
Working...
X