Unanswered Questions India Must Answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unanswered Questions India Must Answer

No disrespect intended to our friends from Mumbai/India but these questions must be answered by the authorities before pointing fingers at anyone:

1. How can security at a major hotel be so lax, especially if foreigners stay there? They have claimed that the terrorists slipped from the back of the hotel. Is that really logical? Even in Pakistan's bombing of the Marriott, our security guard lost his life when terrorists tried to come in and were repelled.

2. How can the terrorists have wiped out your core ATS team so fast?

3. Why was intelligence ignored from the US/Israel, etc?

4. What lessons did you learn from the Islamabad Marriott bombing?

5. Why is that you claim to know NOTHING before the attack and EVERYTHING right after, to the extent that Manmohan is on national TV DURING the attack, pointing fingers? If it is so obvious, why did you sit on information beforehand?

6. How did these terrorists cross 21 Indian radars (500 nautical miles) without being detected once? Trollers may not travel faster than 10 kmph in these seas, which means they must have traveled for 50 hours (assuming a fast boat). How can terrrorists be in the ocean for 50 hours and not get detected? Note that any boat with a radar can be detected easily and even those without radars are picked up every day (you may have heard of fishermen being picked up frequently).

7. How were the terrorists able to setup a control room in the Taj when the hotel has unequivcally stated that they did not work or stay there beforehand?

8. Indian army conducts surveillance operations 24x7 on the shoreline and across small cities, much less its largest city such as Mumbai. How did this security lapse occur? Every ship is scanned and frisked for your information.

9. How and why did ten men hold up the Indian army and its most technical warriors for three days?

10. India is a major emerging economic power now, with major usage of oil and gas. 70 nautical miles north of Mumbai, there is a remarkable oil field (discovered in 1965) that produces 40% of India's oil and meets 16% of overall demand. This is a high value asset for India and a high military activity zone. Does it make sense that an area of such importance would not be properly protected near Mumbai Harbor? A nation that just sent a mission to space cannot monitor a major arms import from either land, sea or sky? That doesn't make sense. These are not men with box cutters but AK47s and grenades.

11. In the image of the baby-faced terrorist that has been shown across the globe, why does the gunner have a rakhee tied on his right hand?

12. Please comment on this article posted on India's Defense Review Journal, stating that a "Stable Pakistan is Not in India's Interest." http://www.indiandefencereview.com/?p=354

Thank you.

Other sites referenced: Live with Talat - 1 December 2008 | Pakistan Politics
    Last edited by TUMS; Dec 2, 2008, 02:34 PM.

Because Donald Trumph does not like competition!

He has patent on The NAME "TAJ MAHAL"
    We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are!

Comment

Originally posted by TUMS View Post
      No disrespect intended to our friends from Mumbai/India but these questions must be answered by the authorities before pointing fingers at anyone:

1. How can security at a major hotel be so lax, especially if foreigners stay there? They have claimed that the terrorists slipped from the back of the hotel. Is that really logical? Even in Pakistan's bombing of the Marriott, our security guard lost his life when terrorists tried to come in and were repelled.

2. How can the terrorists have wiped out your core ATS team so fast?

3. Why was intelligence ignored from the US/Israel, etc?

4. What lessons did you learn from the Islamabad Marriott bombing?

5. Why is that you claim to know NOTHING before the attack and EVERYTHING right after, to the extent that Manmohan is on national TV DURING the attack, pointing fingers? If it is so obvious, why did you sit on information beforehand?
      1. Hindsight is 20/20 .... the security in the hotel was geared for a suicide attack using a vehicle, as is the case in Mariott. They did not allow cars to be parked in front porch. Some measures were in place but as it has been shown they were not adequte ... so back to the drawing board.

2. Only the head of ATS has been killed ... apart from that no one from ATS was killed. Again a misfortune ..... being the head of an anti terrorist squad he took it open himself to be present on the ground. The other two officers gunned down with him had nothing to do with ATS.

3. A deatiled probe is going on and reccomendation will be made on what needs to be done. There has been a serious lapse on part of the security agencies and that is something that needs to belooked into.

4. Paksitan has more lessons to learn from Mariott .... India can learn from Mumbai attacks ......

5. The statement made by the Indian PM was after one of the terrorists had been captured ....... so some inputs were there for him to make a statement ... However he was carefull in not naming Pakistan .... he refered to "use of our neighbours territory for launching these attacks" ... that is something even the Pakistan adminstration is now saying could be possible.

hope this helps

Comment

Re: Unanswered Questions India Must Answer

Last edited by TUMS; Dec 2, 2008, 02:32 PM.

Comment

I think all these questions can only be answer ed once the investigation is complete. So we should wait til proper authorities investigate and present details about the whole operation.

Assumptions don't count, aambanda.

Comment

10. India is a major emerging economic power now, with major usage of oil and gas. 70 nautical miles north of Mumbai, there is a remarkable oil field (discovered in 1965) that produces 40% of India's oil and meets 16% of overall demand. This is a high value asset for India and a high military activity zone. Does it make sense that an area of such importance would not be properly protected near Mumbai Harbor? A nation that just sent a mission to space cannot monitor a major arms import from either land, sea or sky? That doesn't make sense. These are not men with box cutters but AK47s and grenades.

11. In the image of the baby-faced terrorist that has been shown across the globe, why does the gunner have a rakhee tied on his right hand?
            Most of them will be answered by the probe but will take care of a few.

Bombay high is 160 kms from Mumbai so dont know what you are talking about ..... it is a high value target so well protected.

The terrorists were holed up for 3 days because they had innocent civilians to hide behind ..... if the had the capability to take on the army they could have gone to the naval HQ not far from Taj. They would have been dispatched to hell in a short time. Now i dont know if you find it brave .... but i dont ... getting into a "soft" target like a hotel and then take innocent civilians as hostages .... hiding behind them ....

Anyway what i find hilarious is this "rakhi" business ...... as if Pakistanis have never seen this. Please i would like input from guppies on this .... thsi is normally put when you visit a dargah ....... here are some pics of Pakistanis with this " rakhi" . hope this helps

Comment

Thanks for your responses. I am not sure what you meant by "Bombay high is 160 kms north of Mumbai" Kindly point out the locations on the map so I can get a better idea. bombay port - Google Maps

Also, you must know that groups like Lashkar are adherents of Wahhabism so visiting dargahs is out of the question, unless you are saying that sufi terrorists were behind this, which would make this a first and of course would rule out LET.

Thank you for your responses.

Comment

Thanks for your responses. I am not sure what you meant by "Bombay high is 160 kms north of Mumbai" Kindly point out the locations on the map so I can get a better idea. bombay port - Google Maps

Also, you must know that groups like Lashkar are adherents of Wahhabism so visiting dargahs is out of the question, unless you are saying that sufi terrorists were behind this, which would make this a first and of course would rule out LET.

Thank you for your responses.
                What do you want the location for ..... hope you don't want to blow it up

Well i was just commenting on wearing of "rakhi" or red thread .... everybody was sounding as if this something exclusive to hindus .....

Maybe he was a murid of some peer .... i dont know .... from what the investgators are saying he was living in some dargah for some time ... so maybe it is connected to that ....

Comment

That would be utter BS, if you know anything about terrorism, especially the group the Indian government has blamed, they specifically would kill anyone wearing those rakhis because first of all the prophet Muhammad didn't like the color red and two it is associated with sufis, who they condemn. seems like a tall tale buddy.

Originally posted by aam bandha View Post
                  What do you want the location for ..... hope you don't want to blow it up

Well i was just commenting on wearing of "rakhi" or red thread .... everybody was sounding as if this something exclusive to hindus .....

Maybe he was a murid of some peer .... i dont know .... from what the investgators are saying he was living in some dargah for some time ... so maybe it is connected to that ....

Comment

^^

Why could'nt they have worn it to detrack the investigations. Give me a break. Next you guys will be questioning the colour of his underwear :LOL

Comment

Originally posted by simplyme View Post
                      Next you guys will be questioning the colour of his underwear
                      We never questioned, you brought it up yourself. Seems like you're the one interested in it.
                      I've left GS. StraightUp:I joined GS reading ur posts! Leefa:U always cracked me up! KB:Admire ur temperament! K337:Best pingoo! adeeba & MM:Wished me Bday.Thnkx: Aisha. Balqis. CE. Dildarni. DaringV. FrozenDoll. glamorous. THNKX GS 4 DA BAN.FUHeera!

Comment

I would like to add few more questions to this....
                        1) Sources reveal tht army had already alarmed central govt on possiblity of attacks on mumbai...wht did they do to prevent them??
                        2) Since ATS chief warned the managmnt of Taj n oberoi ....n karkare even conducted a meeting on this issue two mnths before the blast.....ratan tata himself accepted the fact on CNN IBN tht he was aware of this.
                        3) Crime branch tapped phone call conversation of terrorist twice where in they were discussing abt the attacks 2 b carried out in mumbai..hotels to b targetted n even were discussing about the sea route......n crime branch said tht they supplied this information to mumbai police but mumbai police denied of any such specific information given to them!!....was mumbai police waiting for dates of attacks to be given to thm by terrorist???wht measures did they take to prevent thm???
                        Mumbai atacks could have been easily prevented if proper measures were taken at right time by right persons......
                        ALLAH IS YOUR LORD AND MY LORD; WORSHIP HIM: THAT IS THE RIGHT PATH!

Comment

Originally posted by samara khan View Post
                          Mumbai atacks could have been easily prevented if proper measures were taken at right time by right persons......

You are right you can say that there has been a failure on part of Indian security agencies ...... but then that does not absolve the people who have commited this act.

Secuirty can be beefed up as much only ....... this problem has to be tackled at its roots ...... and you know where that leads us to !!!!!!!!

Comment

The United States government informed the government of India in October that an attack was imminent on the Taj Hotel (specifically named), from the seas and that other high value targets in Mumbai were the financial district. This occurred not once but TWICE.

QUOTE:
                            "The United States warned the Indian government about a potential maritime attack against Mumbai at least a month before last week's massacre in Mumbai," a US counter-terrorism official told CNN.

What more information, in this era of terrorism, does a nation need? The 9/11 terrorists planned their work in Germany, did the US bomb Germany? The more we cooperate together, the better because today Pakistani, tomorrow Bangladesh, then India, terrorists can operate anywhere. However, this level of ineptitude by the government of India, a major economic, cultural power cannot simply be wished away. If a Pakistani leader was this negligent, he/she would not be allowed to stay in our nation any longer.

Mumbai attacks: US intelligence warned India a strike from Pakistani group was planned - Telegraph

Comment

The United States government informed the government of India in October that an attack was imminent on the Taj Hotel (specifically named), from the seas and that other high value targets in Mumbai were the financial district. This occurred not once but TWICE.

Now you are talking .....we can now discuss the role Pakistan has played int his attack ...... as far India is concerned the key word for them is action .... Pakistan needs to "act" and not just use "words" ....

They had banned LET the last time and promised that they would not allow such groups to use their territory for attacks against India .... what happened to that promise ??????

Comment

Working...
                              X