Massacre of Muslims by Tamil Hindu Extremists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massacre of Muslims by Tamil Hindu Extremists

Hidden away from the eyes of the world...

This is what is happening to Muslims in Sri Lanka at the hands of the Tamil Tigers also known as the LTTE.

The Tamil Tigers have supplied most of the suicide bombers in the world.

They are the only terror group to have successfully assasinated two heads of state.

They were armed, trained and funded by India.

But the attention of the world is devoted towards "Muslim terrorists"

Why?

LTTE's Kattankudi Muslim Muslim Mosque Massacre by LTTE

WARNING: The contents of the above link are very graphic. DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED.

Re: Massacre of Muslims by Tamil Hindu Extremists

very sad.
    I'm quite illiterate, but I read a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaheed View Post
      Hidden away from the eyes of the world...

This is what is happening to Muslims in Sri Lanka at the hands of the Tamil Tigers also known as the LTTE.

The Tamil Tigers have supplied most of the suicide bombers in the world.

They are the only terror group to have successfully assasinated two heads of state.

They were armed, trained and funded by India.

But the attention of the world is devoted towards "Muslim terrorists"

Why?
      Where have you been? This has been going on for a LOOONG time. In case you weren't aware, even the Sri Lankan government has practiced extreme prejudice against "NON-SINHALA and NON-BUDDHIST" citizens of its nation, including Muslim communities. The treatment has been similar to that of Blacks living in apartheid South Africa or pre-civil rights USA. How do you think the LTTE was born in the first place?

As for your question as to why the world doesn't focus on LTTE. It is probably due to

a. The lack of LTTE attacks anywhere besides Sri Lanka and India. The lone incident in India, of any significance, was the assasssination of Rajiv Gandhi. Have you heard of any bombings in UK, USA, or Spain by the LTTE that the Islamic terrorists have done already? I haven't. If you have heard of any, I'd like to know.

b. The Sri Lankan army is close to annihilating the LTTE stronghold in Sri Lanka as per recent reports. The caterwauling from Tamil politicians and movie stars (hunger strikes and what not) in response to the beating the LTTE was taking, was indicative enough that LTTE's last days are nearing. I am not ashamed to admit that LTTE has persisted this long thanks to financial support from Tamils (read: Indians) worldwide (not just Hindus, but Christians also) and also via means of extortion (e.g. siphoning money from the Tsunami relief).

Comment

Originally posted by Helheim_Frost View Post
        Where have you been? This has been going on for a LOOONG time. In case you weren't aware, even the Sri Lankan government has practiced extreme prejudice against "NON-SINHALA and NON-BUDDHIST" citizens of its nation, including Muslim communities. The treatment has been similar to that of Blacks living in apartheid South Africa or pre-civil rights USA. How do you think the LTTE was born in the first place?

How does this justify the massacre of Muslims by the Hindu Tamil Tigers? If the Tamil Tigers are against the Sri Lankan government, why did they massacre Muslims, and steal their lands and continue to do so? The Tamil Tigers also ethnically cleansed the entire North of all Muslims - giving them 48 hours to leave or be killed.

here's just the latest attack:

Tamil Hindu Extremists Attack Mosque

Show me massacre of Muslims by the Sri Lankan government, on the contrary the Sri Lankan army has been defending them against Tamil Hindu terrorists. The refusal of Muslims to take to the path of violence has angered the Tamil extremists to no ends.

India points fingers at Pakistan, but India armed, trained and funded the LTTE.

All the bomb attacks, massacres in Sri Lanka have India's hands in them.

------

Tamil Extremists Target Muslims

Nasir Rifai

"Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to
        produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded
        as members of the herd."

-- Bertrand Russell

The Tamil attack on Muslim civilians that took place in Kattankudy recently is utterly uncalled for and deserves condemnation not only from all Sri Lankans, but the world at large. The densely populated eastern town has been the setting for previous bloody massacres of Muslims by Tamil Hindu extremists and that legacy has been brought back to life in an orgy of violence and terror.

FULL STORY: http://www.lankaweb.com/news/items08/310508-2.html

Comment

Shaheed, firstly, nowhere have I JUSTIFIED the slaughter in my statement. Do read it again. Despite being a Tamil, I've NEVER EVER supported the LTTE...not even when Tamil support for the organization was overwhelming in the early 1980's. I was merely perplexed at how GROSSLY LATE you were in noticing atrocities committed by LTTE on other Sri Lankan minorities, despite the fact that such incidents have gone on for YEARS. There's no doubt in my mind that Prabhakaran is (still) using the mantra of Tamil pride for his own piece of land which he wants to rule as a tyrant.

Secondly, I never said the Sri Lankan government MASSACRED the non-Sinhala and non-Buddhist population. The Government has marginalized minorities in a manner similar to apartheid-South Africa, by abrogating their financial strength and self-respect, instead of going outright and killing them enmasse. This has included disallowing the building of properties in Buddhist areas and denying high-level education. Such has been the case for Hindu, Christian, and Muslim Tamils in Sri Lanka. I have heard such tales first-hand from Sri Lankan expatriates in the USA and Canada. You're also free to google this information. These boards don't permit me to post links until I am 25 posts-old.

Thirdly, if you read again, I admitted UNABASHEDLY that LTTE support has been largely due to Tamils, i.e. Indians, worldwide. The likes of politicians like Karunanidhi have actively helped LTTE. Stories I have heard from former coast guards (relatives of my family) working in the Ramanathapuram area have included selling gasoline to the LTTE by pirates posing as fishermen. Your angst towards the end indicates that you failed to notice that I wholly admitted the role of Indian people and select politicians in the LTTE's sustenance. They would be nowhere without such support.

Lastly, just FYI, Rajiv Gandhi was HATED by Tamil politicians for his role in sending the IPKF in Sri Lanka and ALSO HATED by the Sri Lankan army for not quelling the LTTE support emanating from Tamilnadu. The man was royally screwed in between hate generating against him from both sides. In case you weren't old enough to comprehend the stuff happening in the 1980's, he escaped an assassination attempt by a Sri Lankan guard while receiving a guard of honor in Sri Lanka (there's a grainy youtube video of this). This was broadcast in REAL TIME on Indian television. The Sinhalas couldn't get him, but the LTTE finally got him in 1991. Might I say, as Tamilians living in New Delhi, it was a harrowing time for us.

Comment

Shaheed, firstly, nowhere have I JUSTIFIED the slaughter in my statement. Do read it again. Despite being a Tamil, I've NEVER EVER supported the LTTE...not even when Tamil support for the organization was overwhelming in the early 1980's. I was merely perplexed at how GROSSLY LATE you were in noticing atrocities committed by LTTE on other Sri Lankan minorities, despite the fact that such incidents have gone on for YEARS. There's no doubt in my mind that Prabhakaran is (still) using the mantra of Tamil pride for his own piece of land which he wants to rule as a tyrant.

You are just trying to change the subject - the murder, massacre and oppression of Muslims in Sri Lanka at the hand of Tamil Hindu terrorists. I see you eagerly use the term "Islamic terrorists," so don't get upset when others point out the terror in your own community. The Tamils have provided more suicide bombers to the world than any Muslim group.

Tamil Hindu Terrorism in Sri Lanka - The Human Bomb

^ Note the Muslims and the little boy in the crowd as this Tamil Hindu terrorist detonates herself...

Hindu Suicide Bombers

Secondly, I never said the Sri Lankan government MASSACRED the non-Sinhala and non-Buddhist population. The Government has marginalized minorities in a manner similar to apartheid-South Africa, by abrogating their financial strength and self-respect, instead of going outright and killing them enmasse. This has included disallowing the building of properties in Buddhist areas and denying high-level education. Such has been the case for Hindu, Christian, and Muslim Tamils in Sri Lanka. I have heard such tales first-hand from Sri Lankan expatriates in the USA and Canada. You're also free to google this information. These boards don't permit me to post links until I am 25 posts-old.
            India has marginalized minorities. It has discriminated and continues to discriminate against NON-HINDI and NON-HINDU citizens. Have you suddenly forgotten about Gujarat? About the massacre of Sikhs? The oppression of millions and millions of Dalits? Look at your own Tamil community itself; recently there was a huge caste war at a college which was caught on tape. Why don't you change the APARTHEID caste system? Why don't you stop killing your baby girls? Most Sri Lankan Tamils live in "Buddhist areas" including the Indian origin Tamils on the island. But the areas controlled by the LTTE are Tamil-only areas where Sinhalese and Muslims are butchered simply for the crime of not being Tamil. You must be reading extremist Tamil propaganda websites so please stop spreading lies without checking them. Muslims in Sri Lanka are NOT Tamil. They do not wish to be called Tamils.

And guess who assasinated the TAMIL foreign minister of Sri Lanka, Laksham Kadirgamar? The LTTE. '

Thirdly, if you read again, I admitted UNABASHEDLY that LTTE support has been largely due to Tamils, i.e. Indians, worldwide. The likes of politicians like Karunanidhi have actively helped LTTE. Stories I have heard from former coast guards (relatives of my family) working in the Ramanathapuram area have included selling gasoline to the LTTE by pirates posing as fishermen. Your angst towards the end indicates that you failed to notice that I wholly admitted the role of Indian people and select politicians in the LTTE's sustenance. They would be nowhere without such support.
            The Indian government armed, trained and funded the LTTE under the Indira Gandhi administration. In other words, India is responsible for many bomb attacks, bus bombs, massacres of civilians in Sri Lanka but keeps pointing fingers at Pakistan and pretending to be a victim. Karunanidhi is part of the current Indian government and continues to support the LTTE without a peep. So what is with the hypocrisy? India is a sponsor of terrorism but pretends to be a victim.

Lastly, just FYI, Rajiv Gandhi was HATED by Tamil politicians for his role in sending the IPKF in Sri Lanka and ALSO HATED by the Sri Lankan army for not quelling the LTTE support emanating from Tamilnadu. The man was royally screwed in between hate generating against him from both sides. In case you weren't old enough to comprehend the stuff happening in the 1980's, he escaped an assassination attempt by a Sri Lankan guard while receiving a guard of honor in Sri Lanka (there's a grainy youtube video of this). This was broadcast in REAL TIME on Indian television. The Sinhalas couldn't get him, but the LTTE finally got him in 1991. Might I say, as Tamilians living in New Delhi, it was a harrowing time for us.
            Rajiv Gandhi armed, funded and trained the LTTE - no wonder Sri Lankans hated him.

And since you're Tamil... this is what Indian money went to as well:

Tamil Hindu Child Soldiers
            Last edited by Shaheed; Dec 2, 2008, 12:47 PM.

Comment

I don't know what else to say besides, YOU CAN'T READ!!!!

You keep accusing me of NOT admitting to LTTE support from India, when I HAVE ALREADY ADMITTED TO IT....TWICE!!! How ridiculous can you be?!!!!

You said: Rajiv Gandhi armed, funded and trained the LTTE - no wonder Sri Lankans hated him.

My response: Ridiculously UNFOUNDED argument. Is that why he sent the IPKF to Sri Lanka?

You said: And since you're Tamil... this is what Indian money went to as well

My response: Exactly WTF is that supposed to mean, <EDIT>? Are you insinuating that I AM FUNDING the LTTE?!! Which part of "I HAVE NEVER EVER SUPPORTED THE LTTE DESPITE BEING TAMIL" didn't you decipher?

Am I accusing you of funding Islamic terrorism?

For the sake of argument, brush up on facts and read what I posted and stick to the topic, or else keep beating your drum by yourself.

P.S. You still haven't provided me ONE IOTA of evidence indicating LTTE attacks anywhere besides Sri Lanka and India. I'm still waiting.
              Last edited by Captain1; Dec 2, 2008, 01:51 PM. Reason: Inappropriate language!

Comment

I don't know what else to say besides, YOU CAN'T READ!!!!

You keep accusing me of NOT admitting to LTTE support from India, when I HAVE ALREADY ADMITTED TO IT....TWICE!!! How ridiculous can you be?!!!!

You said: Rajiv Gandhi armed, funded and trained the LTTE - no wonder Sri Lankans hated him.

My response: Ridiculously UNFOUNDED argument. Is that why he sent the IPKF to Sri Lanka?

For the sake of argument, brush up on facts and read what I posted and stick to the topic, or else keep beating your drum by yourself.

P.S. You still haven't proven me ONE IOTA of evidence indicating LTTE attacks anywhere besides Sri Lanka and India. I'm still waiting.

No, all you've said so far is that some sections of Tamils support the LTTE. You have not acknowledged the fact that the Indian government armed, trained and funded the LTTE itself. In other words, the Indian establishment itself, and not just a section of the Indian population have supported the LTTE. There's a big difference. India screams about "cross border terrorism" but look what it did to Sri Lanka. Do you not see the hypocrisy? Rajiv Gandhi and his mother Indira Gandhi armed, trained and financed the LTTE. Their training camps were in Tamil Nadu and even in present day Chattisgarh. The IPKF is a typical example of Indian imperialism - trying to control a neighbouring country. But it all blew up in Rajiv's face when the LTTE started attacking the IPKF and then assasinated him. While Indian soldiers were dying in Sri Lanka, wounded Tamil Tigers were ferried over to hospitals in Tamil Nadu before being returned back to Sri Lanka where they could fight the IPKF and kill more Indian soldiers... that's how pathetically shortsighted India's policy was.

Why do I have to provide ANY evidence of the LTTE attacking outside India and Sri Lanka when I never made that claim? Duh!

Comment

The demographic changes in the peninsula are impossible to miss. There has been no census in Sri Lanka since 1981. At the time of the last head count, the peninsula had a population of 8.3 lakh. The projected figures for 2007 then was 1.2 million but as per provisional estimates, it is just about six lakhs now. The ethnic cleansing resorted to by the Tigers is largely responsible for the dramatic demographic shift, mostly through migration.

In 1990, the LTTE expelled nearly 90,000 Muslims from the north, including the peninsula, and none of them has returned till date despite a written pact between the Sri Lanka Muslim Congress (SLMC) and the LTTE. In 1981, there were 6,659 Sinhalese in the peninsula, and today their number is a mere 26. “These 26 men are married to locals. They do not identify themselves as Sinhalese. Some have even adopted local names,” quipped the Jaffna Commander.

Jaffna diary

Comment

Rajiv Gandhi and his mother Indira Gandhi armed, trained and financed the LTTE. Their training camps were in Tamil Nadu and even in present day Chattisgarh.
                    While I admit whole-heartedly that Indira Gandhi single-handedly gave birth to Sikh Terrorism, I hardly think a rather stupid Rajiv Gandhi was even capable of doing anything of the sort that you proclaim. That said, I'd like to be proven wrong. Please quote sources on this claim of yours.

Note: When I say 'sources', I mean confirmed news reports from a 3rd party source, and not some concocted drivel from a conspiracy theory nut living in his mom's basement.

While Indian soldiers were dying in Sri Lanka, wounded Tamil Tigers were ferried over to hospitals in Tamil Nadu before being returned back to Sri Lanka where they could fight the IPKF and kill more Indian soldiers... that's how pathetically shortsighted India's policy was.
                    Wow, if that's not contradictory to your whole IMPERIALIST CONTROL VIA INDIAN ARMY presence theory. Let me see:

a. LTTE soldiers were being resuscitated in Tamilnadu, but

b. IPKF soldiers were left to die

So, in the light of that, who is carrying out INDIAN'S PLAN FOR IMPERIALIST DOMINATION IN SRI LANKA? LTTE or "Superstar" Rajinikanth?

Why do I have to provide ANY evidence of the LTTE attacking outside India and Sri Lanka when I never made that claim? Duh!
                    I know you never claimed that LTTE was attacking outside India. I was responding to your question as to why the world is focused on only Islamic terrorists and not LTTE. I gave you a STRONG reason why. The world really does not care about Sri Lanka, and not especially when some terrorist elements in that country don't kill people living in Europe or USA (read: White countries). The fact that LTTE is being thrashed to the limit of total annihilation is also a reason the world doesn't feel the need to focus on it. I asked you, in the midst of your verbal diarrhea, if you had proof of indicating otherwise to my statement of LTTE's LACK OF GLOBAL-SCALE attacks. SATISFIED?
                    Last edited by Helheim_Frost; Dec 2, 2008, 01:34 PM.

Comment

The demographic changes in the peninsula are impossible to miss. There has been no census in Sri Lanka since 1981. At the time of the last head count, the peninsula had a population of 8.3 lakh. The projected figures for 2007 then was 1.2 million but as per provisional estimates, it is just about six lakhs now. etc. etc. (EDITED BY ME SINCE I CANNOT QUOTE URL LINKS)
                      Your throwing LTTE's atrocities at my face (just because I am Tamil) is as moronic as someone throwing the Taliban's and Al-Qaeda's atrocities at yours.

Do you even realize the futility of your efforts?

Comment

While I admit whole-heartedly that Indira Gandhi single-handedly gave birth to Sikh Terrorism, I hardly think a rather stupid Rajiv Gandhi was even capable of doing anything of the sort that you proclaim. That said, I'd like to be proven wrong. Please quote sources on this claim of yours.

Note: When I say 'sources', I mean confirmed news reports from a 3rd party source, and not some concocted drivel from a conspiracy theory nut living in his mom's basement.
                        So I guess that rules out Tamil sources?

However, the Rajiv Gandhi and Indira Gandhi administration's training and arming of LTTE and other Sri Lankan militants was acceptable to Justice Jain. ``To insinuate that the training of militants organised in India contributed to the growth of Sri Lankan Tamil militancy would be simplistic. Evidence before the Commission indicates that the training was essentially for self-defence and not for launching military operations or for encouraging internecine conflict.'' he ruled. (The Indian Peace Keeping Force at the receiving end of the highly trained LTTE cadres probably did not see the matter in this benign light!) Justice Jain stresses the point that 'prior to 1989 the militancy, particularly LTTE activity, was not anti-national in character'', unmindful of the bomb explosion at Madras airport in 1985 caused by Tamil militants in which 30 people were killed, numerous clashes between rival groups of Tamil militants on Indian soil and smuggling across the border by the LTTE.

Jain writes: "Training (for LTTE in India) was for self defence"

Wow, if that's not contradictory to your whole IMPERIALIST CONTROL VIA INDIAN ARMY presence theory. Let me see:

a. LTTE soldiers were being resuscitated in Tamilnadu, but

b. IPKF soldiers were left to die

So, in the light of that, who is carrying out INDIAN'S PLAN FOR IMPERIALIST DOMINATION IN SRI LANKA? LTTE or "Superstar" Rajinikanth?
                        What's so surprising about the stupidity of the Indian establishment? IPKF went to Sri Lanka as an imperilaist force and ended up fighting the very group that India armed, trained and funded. Rings a bell with regards to the USA and Taliban doesn't it?

I know you never claimed that LTTE was attacking outside India. I was responding to your question as to why the world is focused on only Islamic terrorists and not LTTE. I gave you a STRONG reason why. The world really does not care about Sri Lanka, and not especially when some terrorist elements in that country don't kill people living in Europe or USA (read: White countries). The fact that LTTE is being thrashed to the limit of total annihilation is also a reason the world doesn't feel the need to focus on it. I asked you, in the midst of your verbal diarrhea, if you had proof of indicating otherwise to my statement of LTTE's LACK OF GLOBAL-SCALE attacks. SATISFIED?
                        Any verbal diarrhoea here is yours and yours only.

Take the following for example...this is what you said:

"P.S. You still haven't provided me ONE IOTA of evidence indicating LTTE attacks anywhere besides Sri Lanka and India. I'm still waiting."

That statement presupposes that I had said that the LTTE has attacked outside of Sri Lanka and India. But I never did say that, so why would I have to provide you with any such thing since I didn't make any claim of the LTTE attacking outside Sri Lanka or Pakistan? You are the one who came in screeching that the LTTE hadn't attacked outside India or Sri Lanka.

Capiche?

Now if I had challenged your claim that the LTTE has only attacke din India and Sri Lanka, then your verbal diarrhoa would make sense. Right now your verbal diarrhoea above deserves this:

Last edited by Shaheed; Dec 2, 2008, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Your throwing LTTE's atrocities at my face (just because I am Tamil) is as moronic as someone throwing the Taliban's and Al-Qaeda's atrocities at yours.

Do you even realize the futility of your efforts?

Pretty presumptious of you to think that that post was for you. I bet you even think this thread is entirely for you.

lol.

You don't matter. I just hope others learn about the violence and terror metered out to Muslims in Sri Lanka at the hands of Tamil Hindu terrorists and about India's role in funding terrorism in the region.

Comment

So I guess that rules out Tamil sources?

To insinuate that the training of militants organised in India contributed to the growth of Sri Lankan Tamil militancy would be simplistic. Evidence before the Commission indicates that the training was essentially for self-defence and not for launching military operations or for encouraging internecine conflict.'' he ruled. (The Indian Peace Keeping Force at the receiving end of the highly trained LTTE cadres probably did not see the matter in this benign light!) Justice Jain stresses the point that 'prior to 1989 the militancy, particularly LTTE activity, was not anti-national in character'', unmindful of the bomb explosion at Madras airport in 1985 caused by Tamil militants in which 30 people were killed, numerous clashes between rival groups of Tamil militants on Indian soil and smuggling across the border by the LTTE.
                            Oh well, I always thought it was only the MGR-Karunanidhi nexus that always supported LTTE. I knew that Indira Gandhi was peeved with the Sri Lankan involvement with USA in 1977, when India had this thing with the Soviets.

That said, there's a report J.N. Dixit, India's high commissioner to Sri Lanka, that indicates negation of support offered earlier by the Indira's Government to the rebels by Rajiv Gandhi as early as 1985 (the man became PM in late 1984), which led to the peace accord signing in 1987 and the IPKF landing in Sri Lanka. Yeah well, like you put it, just like the US and the Afghan connection.

" In 1985, Rajiv Gandhi decided to stop all training and assistance to Sri Lankan Tamil groups to ensure the success of the mediatory efforts he had initiated. An aircraft carrying military equipment for Tamil militants in Madras was intercepted. Another important step was the capture of an equally large consignment of arms by Indian authorities from a ship which had docked at the Madras port late in 1985."

(You can read the rest in the REDIFF article)

That said, thanks for proving me wrong.

Comment

Pretty presumptious of you to think that that post was for you. I bet you even think this thread is entirely for you.
                              Considering your statement

"And since you're Tamil... this is what Indian money went to as well:"

What exactly is that supposed to mean?

I just hope others learn about the violence and terror metered out to Muslims in Sri Lanka at the hands of Tamil Hindu terrorists and about India's role in funding terrorism in the region.
                              Much like the way the Kashmiri pundits were driven from the valley by Islamic terrorists?

Comment

Working...
                              X