X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebels grab 23 tonnes of ammonium nitrate in Hindustan

Indian rebels seize 23 tonnes of bomb-making material
    Tuesday, Zilhaj 3, 1429

RANCHI: Suspected Maoist rebels in the eastern Indian state of Jharkand hijacked a truck loaded with 23 tonnes of ammonium nitrate that was bound for an explosives factory, police said on Monday.

“The ammonium nitrate has been taken outside the state. We have constituted teams of security forces to rescue the truck,” Jharkand police spokesman S.N. Pradhan said. The truck was headed on Sunday to a factory where explosives are made with ammonium nitrate and then used for mining in the area, police said.

The driver and his assistant were found unconscious after apparently being given a drug covertly, police said. Ammonium nitrate is commonly used as a fertiliser but can be mixed with other materials to produce a powerful explosive. A bomb made with ammonium nitrate ripped apart the Alfred P. Murrah federal building in Oklahoma City in the United States in 1995, killing 168 people.

The Maoists say they are fighting for the rights of peasants and landless labourers in eastern and southern India, and periodically attack government property or target police and politicians. reuters

Daily Times

Woops. This does not sound good for Hindustan. Which country is to blame for training, arming and financing these fighters?

Re: Rebels grab 23 tonnes of ammonium nitrate in Hindustan

^^ I don't know if this sounds good for India or not, but it certainly does not sounds good for Pakistan. As these people have not seized/stolen the chemical just for fun, they are going to use it... and as we all know, when ever there is a blast ( even back fire of a care) it is blamed on Pakistan.
    For Religion, we'll fight, kill & die but will never follow it, where's the fun in that!

Comment

Originally posted by hanibal View Post
      ^^ I don't know if this sounds good for India or not, but it certainly does not sounds good for Pakistan. As these people have not seized/stolen the chemical just for fun, they are going to use it... and as we all know, when ever there is a blast ( even back fire of a care) it is blamed on Pakistan.
      That is ridiculous. Naxalite attacks in India have never been blamed on Pakistan. The formation of the Naxalite force is due to India's failed domestic policies starting with the Emergency period during Indira's "regime" in the 70's, which has continued due to the oppression on the Dalits by the landowners, and tribals in the Central and North East regions by the local police.

If anyone, the Indian government would be blaming an "external involvement" by the Communist Chinese government- an accusation that would actually stick.
      Last edited by Helheim_Frost; Dec 2, 2008, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Re: Rebels grab 23 tonnes of ammonium nitrate in Hindustan

^^ so you are saying that no matter where this chemical will be used, India will not blame Pakistan, but blame somebody else...still they will not look into their backyard...
        For Religion, we'll fight, kill & die but will never follow it, where's the fun in that!

Comment

Originally posted by hanibal View Post
          ^^ so you are saying that no matter where this chemical will be used, India will not blame Pakistan, but blame somebody else...still they will not look into their backyard...

Answer me this first...if it has been confirmed that MAOIST rebels have hijacked the shipment, what CREDENCE does it give the Indian Government to blame Pakistan? Remember, I am contesting your initial claim of this being blamed on Pakistan (read your own statement). My statement/opinion of a "possible" blame being placed on China is based on a FACETIOUS logic. Whether the political 'babus' blame a non-Pakistani external source or not is irrelevant to my rebuttal to your initial statement.

My bone of contention is your pre-disposition to scrambling up the "Pakistan will be blamed" tree.

Comment

Working...
          X