Not Cool.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Cool.

Guys, I've become somewhat of an infrequent poster here, but reading the recent thread on the bombay violence, I see a distinct sense of levity about the whole situation, in many different threads.

I understand it gets tiring debating angry people who come here and say stuff about Pakistan or Muslims, but making fun of the situation or of people at this time is not decent.

Dont agree with them but dont make fun of their sentiments at this time. It isnt fun when the situation is reversed. Even if you've experienced the same from the other side, you dont have to do it yourself.
    Din-e-Mullah fee sabeelillah fasad (Allama Iqbal)

Originally posted by ravage View Post
    Guys, I've become somewhat of an infrequent poster here, but reading the recent thread on the bombay violence, I see a distinct sense of levity about the whole situation, in many different threads.

I understand it gets tiring debating angry people who come here and say stuff about Pakistan or Muslims, but making fun of the situation or of people at this time is not decent.

Dont agree with them but dont make fun of their sentiments at this time. It isnt fun when the situation is reversed. Even if you've experienced the same from the other side, you dont have to do it yourself.
    this is not about what has happened is mumbai, i am poster there but still i am saddened but it doesnt mean i should accept the blame.

not making fun of them but pointing the flaws in same manner the way they are blaming that is casually.

Comment

Re: Not Cool.

sure i get it. but the skepticism needs to be expressed without the unseemly swagger.

Comment

I agree of what you're saying. undertand what they're going through because it happens in our home too..

but like Junaid said, we are not going to be silent about this and accept as it comes like our government. dog eat dog world out there!
        And never take those killed in the way of Allah as dead. Rather, they are alive, with their Lord, well-provided, happy with what Allah has given them of His grace [Al-Imran, v169]

Comment

Ravage if you watch 5 mins of Indian news channel your sanity will be challenged as well. I bet you are staying away from them. I wish I had not made the mistake to follow the news from those media outlets! No doubt that innocent people died and families were destroyed for no reason. Its just that if you get blamed for something without any evidence, the anger takes over the sane portion of the brain! On that note I am gonna stop watching news and start watching Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State football game tonight since cricket is probably not going to be around for a while!
          Cricket meri deewangi!

Comment

cricketplaya - so we agree, no blame taking from us, as well as no making light of the situation

farazrafi - yes, this is why i avoid the indian news channels as a rule anyway. no reason to induce yourself into a state where you say the wrong things. they remain 'wrong things' though, regardless of what provokes it.

i know very well that right now, the indian media is effectively projecting every pakistani as the one who pulled the trigger.

Comment

ravage bhai,

This thread is uncalled for.

Indians no matter they are, govt. officials, reporters, news media or guppies from India have not shown any responsible attitude.
              Impress me..with your intelligence and wit. :-)

Comment

assuming that to be true, does that mean we do the same. fact is you never know, someone who lost a brother or sister could come across some of the posts that make light of the situation. would you want that?

Comment

Off course anyone who is making fun of the situation or taking the event lightly not only is sick but you seem to be beating the half dead.

Pakistani guppies have all the right to defend from being targetted based on their origin or religion. Their ethinic and religious origin is being made fun of all over because Indians did not do responsible acts.

And anyhow, mods have cleared many irresponsible posts doing their job with efficiency.

Do we have any example of anyone making fun of situation which made this thread possible?

Any life is precious and it does not matter who got killed. But indians have not shown any remorse themsleves unfortunaltely but were quick to blame Pakistan, Pakistani and indirectly muslims/islam as ususal.

Blogs are opened condemning muslims and islam based on utter irresponsibility of Indians.

Now we may find one thing or other, Pakistan or not at all Pakistan,
                  but anyone can understand the damage to reputation to Pakistan already done specially if Pakistan was not even an equation in this problem.

Beating half dead to death is not a good thing.

Comment

i absolutely agree with respect to the Muslim blame. as for the irresponsible posts you wish me to cite, i dont want to get into specifics. if im wrong about it, thats great!

Comment

Sorry to interrupt fellers but do you know who this actress is? She is gorgeous. Perhaps militia came to Mumbai to kidnap her?

Comment

Hope you did not get me wrong ravage bhai. I just wanted to say Pakistani have right too.

Comment

i feel a group hug coming

Comment

Comment

oh for gods sake!

why does every thread i open lead to me regretting opening it

Comment

Working...
                              X