Pakistani Embassies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistani Embassies?

yes pakistani embassies what do you thing wether they are serving pakistani cause properly or jus failed to build pakistani image abroad like incredible pakistan
    have you dealt with paki embassy or mission abroad?

please share your views with us

Originally posted by desi ostrich View Post
    yes pakistani embassies what do you thing wether they are serving pakistani cause properly or jus failed to build pakistani image abroad like incredible pakistan have you dealt with paki embassy or mission abroad?

please share your views with us
    Pakistani embassies do their job in terms of issuing visas and passports etc. In some cases they are slow just like back home, and in some cases they are pretty efficient.

But do not expect too much from them. They are mostly career officers who are trying to save some dollars and keep their chairs warm.

If Pakistanis "within" Pakistan are hell bent on suicide bombing and bhatta khori, then Pak embassies cannot do a squat.

For example what can a Pak embassy do if US state department issues a travel ban to Pakistan.

Similarly what can Pak embassy do in Denmark if the Danish embassy in Pakistan is getting bombed.

Even if there are instances of "hob nobbing" the locals, Pak embassy staff is not really trained to charm their audience unless it is a local mosque. Even in the mosque, few people project Pakistan. The reason is simple. Pakistanis do not respect the modern concept of nation-state. We still are married to the failed ideas such as pan-Islamism. But then most of Pakistanis are in that failed marriage, why to blame only embassy staff.

Comment

Re: Pakistani Embassies?

'incredible india' is a paid for tv advertisement. pakistan could do similar adverts but the tourist/holiday infastructure is not in place yet to catch the interest. pakistan does have tourist potential especially far north. its just a matter of providing the services at each location to cater for its target market.

so we're looking at building hotels, organising leisure activities, search/rescue units, markets, restaurants close to chosen sites. everyone knows pakistan is beautiful, its just a matter positioning services to get into the holiday brochures

Comment

My dad used to work in pak embassy in london.... but he resigned though.....

Comment

^^

How is this information related to the topic.

Comment

like i had one incident with pakistani embassy in kuwait . i had dual nationalty stamp by manchester paki consul on my passport but paki embassy did nt recognised it and charged me full visa fee 46 pounds like they charge goray. By the way same thing you could get from manchester for 10 pounds

only thing i got extra was "aap pakistan khairiat say jain aur wapas aiyan"

Comment

The problem with overseas Pakistanis is that they expect to be treated like the Lords of the Manor when they walk into the embassy. You aren't. The Ambassador is. Its his job to make sure that the country's interests are well defined and achieve success in the host country. The job of the Embassy is not to serve your needs.

That is the job of the consulate. The staff of the consulate is taken from the local Pakistani community and in some cases the counsulars include white, africans and jews. If you have a gripe with the consular services, it would be best to look at the Pakistanis in the host community.
              You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

like i had one incident with pakistani embassy in kuwait . i had dual nationalty stamp by manchester paki consul on my passport but paki embassy did nt recognised it and charged me full visa fee 46 pounds like they charge goray. By the way same thing you could get from manchester for 10 pounds

I think they did the right thing. Pakistan doesn't give free visas, if you want to travel to Pakistan without paying for a visa then travel on your Pakistani passport.

When you travel on your foreign passport, you travel as a foreigner and are supposed to be treated as such.
                Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
                Al-Ghazali

Comment

You should be lucky that's the only incident you faced by the Pakistani embassy in Kuwait. Just ask the incidents faced by Pakistanis living there in Summer of 1990. They will tell you all about them.
                  Paisa Koi Cheez Nahi Hai - Jay-Z and JD

Comment

Originally posted by CM View Post
                    The problem with overseas Pakistanis is that they expect to be treated like the Lords of the Manor when they walk into the embassy. You aren't. The Ambassador is. Its his job to make sure that the country's interests are well defined and achieve success in the host country. The job of the Embassy is not to serve your needs.

That is the job of the consulate. The staff of the consulate is taken from the local Pakistani community and in some cases the counsulars include white, africans and jews. If you have a gripe with the consular services, it would be best to look at the Pakistanis in the host community.
                    We are! We send Pakistan the most valuable thing, foreign exchange. Not only that, we also come to Pakistan and spend our Dollars,Riyals and Dinars.

No one is asking for royal treatment, but maybe a little bit of understanding that time is valuable, and not everyone has an embassy or consulate in their city. Some people travel a lot of distance to take care of things.
                    Paisa Koi Cheez Nahi Hai - Jay-Z and JD

Comment

So many things have been changed in recent years in London but not that good old tent kinda thing at pakistan embassy

Comment

^ you can take Pakistani out of Pakistan, but you cant take Pakistan out of Pakistanis!!
                        agree with you, if they permanently need space, they should rent or buy space instead of this makeshift tent which initially started using while the building was being re decorated. but they continued to use these marguees. sad but true.
                        پاکستان پاکستان

Comment

Originally posted by mAd_ScIeNtIsT View Post
                          I think they did the right thing. Pakistan doesn't give free visas, if you want to travel to Pakistan without paying for a visa then travel on your Pakistani passport.

When you travel on your foreign passport, you travel as a foreigner and are supposed to be treated as such.
                          no they didnt do right thing because i had visa exemption stamp from pakistani council in manchester.
                          and other thing is this visa costs 10 pounds from uk and free from usa

Comment

^ bari jaldi yaad aa gaya aap ko ye thread?
                            saaray Pakistan ka ek hi naara: ehtasab ehtasab!

Comment

well i can report only good nthings about the consulate in Frankfurt and of the Embessey in Berlin, Germany

First Time:
                              we needed a Visa for for my Mom for Pakistan on a Saturday as my younger aunt died and we called them on Friday afternoon on the way from UK. After 10-15 min on Phone they agreed to open the Consulate on the following Saturday and issued the Visa in 30 min or so, so my Mom could fly to Lahore that evening.

Second Time:
                              Last year (2008) around Early January me and y Mom decided to apply for POC and were told be many that it would take 2-3 months or even longer to get it. We were due to Fly to Pakistan for my cousin's wedding in early March. We got our POCs with 17 days of application submitted at the Consulate in Frankfurt.

Sofar no negative experiences

Comment

Working...
                              X