Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

‘Jawabdeh’ host Iftikhar Ahmed resigns as GEO refuses to show Shaid Masood interview.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

‘Jawabdeh’ host Iftikhar Ahmed resigns as GEO refuses to show Shaid Masood interview.

Why is Geo so scared of what Dr Shahid Masood has to say, that they have to censor or ban his interview? I thought Geo believed in the freedom of spech and media? Or is it a case 'do as I say, not as I do'?

So much for freedom of speech.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Geo ‘Jawabdeh’ host Iftikhar Ahmed resigns in protest

LAHORE: Iftikhar Ahmed, the host of Geo TV show ‘Jawabdeh’, resigned on Sunday after the channel administration refused to air an interview with former Pakistan Television managing director Shahid Masood.

The interview was recorded last week and was being advertised in the group’s The News and Jang newspapers. On Sunday, the Geo TV administration seized the original recording and declined to run it. Iftikhar Ahmed told Aaj Kal he was being pressured to censor parts of the interview but he did not compromise on principles and resigned.
    " Judges give justice, not interviews" - Rana Bhagwandas, 21 March 2007.

Re: ‘Jawabdeh’ host Iftikhar Ahmed resigns as GEO refuses to show Shaid Masood interv

GEO aur JEENAY DOO

Free Media Zindabaad
    Free country Paindabaad
    Goyan keshk aqbat taskeen ast...Awal shor ast aqbat namkeen ast
    Har chanz aasiyat sang zeerey...Ee surat-e-beqrar barbin ast

Comment

Originally posted by Decent 6Chora View Post
      GEO aur JEENAY DOO

Free Media Zindabaad
      Free country Paindabaad

Slowly but surely, media and people of Pakistan are now realizing that media never had it so good as they did until Feb 08. Let's see what the future brings for them.

Comment

This looks more like Geo's internal politics.
        What does it has to do with Media independence?
        Attitude is more important than facts.
        "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
          This looks more like Geo's internal politics.
          What does it has to do with Media independence?
          Free media is that you don't stop any program to go on air unless of course it conflicts with the society (lets say in decent exposure )

Comment

Originally posted by Decent 6Chora View Post
            Free media is that you don't stop any program to go on air unless of course it conflicts with the society (lets say in decent exposure )
            You either missed my point or ignored it. I meant, that can be their internal politics which doesnt lead them to broadcast shahid masood's interview. Remember, Shahid Masood was one of the employees of GEO. I still dont think it has anything to do with free media. That may be their own decision cuz its their program and their employee (or ex-employee)
            It may be similar to the case that one of CNN anchorman takes interview of CNN's ex-employee but than CNN decides not to relay. Since, its their own decision, nobody would raise the slogan of free media.

I think its totally a non-issue

Comment

No comments on 'Jew-ish' funded channel "GEO"
              hamam mai sab nangai hen
              It is my belief that our salvation lies in following the golden rules of conduct set for us by our great law-giver, the Prophet of Islam. (Quaid-e-Azam Speech at Shahi Darbar, Sibi, February 14, 1948)

Comment

Re: ‘Jawabdeh’ host Iftikhar Ahmed resigns as GEO refuses to show Shaid Masood interv

Yaar yesterday i saw a promo of this program...how come program will not onair on sunday?
                Main Kabhi Batlata Nahin
                Par Andhere Se Darta Hoon Main Maa
                Tujhe Sab Hain Pata,Meri Maa

Comment

well from ive read and heard...shahid masood has reportedly "seen alot" during his brief tenure at PTV. To do with the goverment. Maybe the gov is now pressuring the mqm run geo to not show the interview!!
                  Its bigger on the inside!!

Comment

interview is coming on Sunday 8 pm PST. Ifti is thier master blaster how GEO can allow any other media group to snatch Ifti.

Comment

Originally posted by desert bird View Post
                      interview is coming on Sunday 8 pm PST.

Chalo, Gai bhens paani men!! Thread should be closed now

Comment

Originally posted by STONECOLD View Post
                        well from ive read and heard...shahid masood has reportedly "seen alot" during his brief tenure at PTV. To do with the goverment. Maybe the gov is now pressuring the mqm run geo to not show the interview!!
                        since when?

Comment

Originally posted by desert bird View Post
                          interview is coming on Sunday 8 pm PST. Ifti is thier master blaster how GEO can allow any other media group to snatch Ifti.

Mashallah. I hope this news is true. If true, it shows that freedom of the media and highlighting of this news on Gupshup has triumphed over censorship and GEO dictatorship.

Let's hope GEO does not change its mind before Sunday.

Comment

Not telecasting the interview as far as i have come to know had little to do with what Shahid Masood said but more to do with the fact that geo wants to re-employ Shahid Masood. As jawab deyh has a tough format they did not want shahid masood appearing weak or unable to give satisfactory answers to questions like why he joined PTV etc, they do not want his public image tarnished

The interview was to be telecast last sunday but it was not and as a protest Iftikhar Ahmad resigned, Geo probably did not want him to go to another channel so they have decided to air the interview this sunday
                            We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

I think it will telecast tommrow
                              Main Kabhi Batlata Nahin
                              Par Andhere Se Darta Hoon Main Maa
                              Tujhe Sab Hain Pata,Meri Maa

Comment

Working...
                              X