Is Judaism a race or religion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Judaism a race or religion?

I am still confused about this question. I wonder what Jews think of themselves. Is it a religion or a race?

In other words, if a Chinese person accepts their religion, would they call him a Jew? Or is it that a person is a Jew by birth only?

What do you guys think?
    "Ana mazloom hussein"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA1L18wKHzY&feature=related
    http://www.tebyan.net/Religion_Thoughts/Articles/Miscellaneous/2008/1/29/59771.html

Re: Is Judaism a race or religion?

judaism is a religion and jews are the people who practice it..

like our religion is islam and we are practicing muslims

Comment

most chinese people practice Buddhism so they will be called buddhists

Comment

Originally posted by Colourful eyes View Post
        judaism is a religion and jews are the people who practice it..
        I believe you are saying that Judaism is not a race. If this is true then why do many Zionist Jews compare Jews vs. "Arabs"? Shouldn't they be comparing Jews vs Muslims?

It looks like they still consider being Jew to be belonging to a race, and not necessarily belonging to a religion.
        "Ana mazloom hussein"
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA1L18wKHzY&feature=related
        http://www.tebyan.net/Religion_Thoughts/Articles/Miscellaneous/2008/1/29/59771.html

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Abbas View Post
          I believe you are saying that Judaism is not a race. If this is true then why do many Zionist Jews compare Jews vs. "Arabs"? Shouldn't they be comparing Jews vs Muslims?

It looks like they still consider being Jew to be belonging to a race, and not necessarily belonging to a religion.

hmm well i wouldnt know the answer to tht question, but there are three main races include black, white, and asian,

The geographical-race theory

In an effort to reconcile the theory of evolution with the observed variations among the world's populations, some anthropologists developed a new system of racial classification during the 1950's. They divided human beings into large categories called geographical races. These races were collections of populations that exhibited similar characteristics. One popular classification system recognized nine geographical races: (1) African, (2) American Indian, (3) Asian, (4) Australian, (5) European, (6) Indian, (7) Melanesian, (8) Micronesian, and (9) Polynesian.

source:
          Script fout

hope it helps

Comment

ASIANS

EAST ASIAN

The largest human racial group consists of East Asians and includes Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, Vietnamese, Philippines, Indonesians, Malayans, and Thais. East Asians have sometimes been called Mongoloids, meaning "like Mongols." Mongols have straight, black hair and generally a wide, flat face with such features as sparse beard and moustache, and a fold of skin (the epicanthic fold) that covers at least the inner corner of the eye and gives it an almond-shaped appearance. Most East Asians share these features and certain characteristics of the teeth, but the peoples of Southeast Asia are generally smaller, darker, and more slender than those farther north. In fact, people of South China tend to resemble other Southeast Asians more than they do North Chinese. Also, it is not always possible to distinguish Chinese people from Koreans and Japanese on the basis of physical characteristics. Throughout history the peoples of the region have migrated and intermixed, so that national boundaries do not coincide with discrete subraces in modern Asia.

again source same as above

hope it answers your question

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Abbas View Post
              I am still confused about this question. I wonder what Jews think of themselves. Is it a religion or a race?

In other words, if a Chinese person accepts their religion, would they call him a Jew? Or is it that a person is a Jew by birth only?

What do you guys think?
              It's complicated, in principle Judaism should be a religion and shouldn't be treated as race. But in reality is Jews treat themselves as a superior race (a favored race by the God, which is true to some extent). Most of the prophets came to this world were Israelites (read Bani-Israel for further details), and it is also mentioned in Quran that they were the God's favorite.

As far as I know, you can't convert to be a jew for abvious reason that you have to be an Israelite to be a jew.
              Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.

Comment

To be born a Jew, your mother has to be one. She could have converted, or could have been born into it (i.e. her mother being a Jew).

It's not a race, it's a religion.

Comment

Thats my question too.
                  in many articles, they mention 'Jews' as if a separate race. like i read some article about the new Obama team. they wrote "American-Jew" for the Jewish member(forgot his name" and "Amerian-Indian" for Sonal Shah.
                  but also there are so many Jews who are not Israelites.
                  so how do the logic work?

Comment

1. According to Ashkenazi Jews, at least one of your parents has to be a Jew for one to be considered a Jew.

2. According to a book I read many years ago, there are 5 distinct races: (1) Caucasoid, (2) Mongoloid, (3) Negroid, (4) Australoid and (5) Pygmies of Africa (a vanishing race). There is no such thing as a pure race.

Comment

Originally posted by MatineeSiren View Post
                      To be born a Jew, your mother has to be one. She could have converted, or could have been born into it (i.e. her mother being a Jew).

It's not a race, it's a religion.
                      i didnt know tht...............

Comment

Judaism is a religion duh.

I think the point your trying to make is, if Jews are not a race then why Zionists claim this to be or why even Jews do this?

Well for one, Jews are known for their corrupt beliefs. All the bad characteristics in this world you can find in a Jew. They are cowards yet arrogant and hypocrites. That is why Allah has cursed them till the the day of Judgement! Just look at history, they were kicked out of every single place they wanted to settle into. Why? Because of their "I am God's chosen one" mentality. Anyways, Zionists on the other hand, are extreme version. They use Judaism as a shield but and proclaim it's a race (by recalling all "suffering" they've been through)... in actuality it's not suffering, it's humiliation, a punishment from Allah.
                        And never take those killed in the way of Allah as dead. Rather, they are alive, with their Lord, well-provided, happy with what Allah has given them of His grace [Al-Imran, v169]

Comment

I worked with a Jewish Family a few years ago. They were both Jewish in Religion as well as heritage. I asked them this exact question and their answer was very simple.
                          Anyone who beleaves and accepts 'The God Of Abraham' as their own God, is then considered to be Jewish. This is the same as those who accept Jesus as the Son of God (of Abraham), is then considered a Christian.

But, even those who do not accept any God at all, can still be Jewish by Heritage.

Comment

quick correction....those who accept the God of Abraham must also deny all other Gods.

Comment

Originally posted by cricketplaya View Post
                              Judaism is a religion duh.

I think the point your trying to make is, if Jews are not a race then why Zionists claim this to be or why even Jews do this?

Well for one, Jews are known for their corrupt beliefs. All the bad characteristics in this world you can find in a Jew. They are cowards yet arrogant and hypocrites. That is why Allah has cursed them till the the day of Judgement! Just look at history, they were kicked out of every single place they wanted to settle into. Why? Because of their "I am God's chosen one" mentality. Anyways, Zionists on the other hand, are extreme version. They use Judaism as a shield but and proclaim it's a race (by recalling all "suffering" they've been through)... in actuality it's not suffering, it's humiliation, a punishment from Allah.
                              Talk about stereotyping. If they are cowards how come they were able to defeat the six nations that went to war with them. Jews are the most advanced people in this planet. Take any great company and you would find a jew in a very good position.

Comment

Working...
                              X