Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Arabs: Let em burn, or go down with the boat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Arabs: Let em burn, or go down with the boat?

It is pretty clear that the american public opinion is already vastly against the Arabs particularly Saudi Arabia.

Now the Question is, what do we (Pakistanis) do, and do we have any obligations (the "unity" stuff with the "ummah" and all that).

The arabs have brought this on themselves, thats clear. They definetly deserve a beating to bring them back down to earth, thats even more clear. We really cant do anything even if we wanted to.. but still, would we want to do anything if we could?

Like I said before, the Pakistanis are in the same boat as Arabs. After Iraq, Saudi Arabia, it will be Pakistan's turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Maula Baksh:
      Like I said before, the Pakistanis are in the same boat as Arabs. After Iraq, Saudi Arabia, it will be Pakistan's turn.
      and you are some kind of authority? *yawn*
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Fraudia, no it is my opinion, but one backed by some facts. Do you realy think Musharraf will be able to stop extremisim in Pakistan? Will he be able to purge ISI of the Jihadis?

If he does, more power to him, but I am not to optimistic. He is already backing away from the madrassah restrictions. But either way it will take a long time to get rid of extremisim in Pakistan, and I don't know how much time the country has. Years of Islamization by Zia cannot be overturned so quickly.

Comment

lol, instead of going left and right, until we fix our own home (stop exagerating the problems) and focus on the real problems (sharfoo, dictatorship, army rule and economic policies).... blamin arab, irani, amriki, cheeni wont matter. But it makes a good past time.

Comment

The US realizes that Saudi Arabia has an interest in promoting conservative Islamic policy. How could they do otherwise? The US has significantly moved it's operations out of Arabia, thus relieving them of the stigma of being protected by non-Muslims. The size of the force was always limited after Iraq was boxed, anyhow. There are strains in the relationship, but neither the US nor Arabia wish to seek further deterioration. The US will not put Pakistan or the Kingdom in it's sights, unless some serious senarios become real.

Comment

The current regime under the current prince has come under tremedous pressure form public which is sick and tired of its idiot monarchy and want changes and rights granted to them by Islam. The present monarch and crown prince is the public's favourite. Its good the US moves out of KSA, let the public deal with their own rulers. US should weigh the price of self interst with that of public antagonism. 10 years the former choice held. Its time to re evluate. 15 of the 19 hijackers came from privileged families and were all under 30.

Comment

Two princes are now dead, the current king is on his last legs. The margin given the US is that amongst all the Muslim countries, there is some discord. If it were not for that, the US would have much greater antagonism directed towards it.

Comment

Only think that can save Saudis now is if Nawaz Sharif is made leader of the Kingdom. He will loot all of Saudi Arabias money and turn into a sugar-producing economy from an oil-producing one.

Just give him 1 week, I'm telling you this man is a genious!

Comment

You guys have a biting wit. I'll bet it gets nasty in the real world.

Comment

The arab monarchs have been able to do most of this themselves...

Comment

Originally posted by Maula Baksh:
                        Yeah right...

Btw, if you didnt know, Saudi Arabia is an unofficial state of Amreeka... If you go there and have a look at it, you will probably agree...

Comment

Isn't calling Saudi Arabia a state of America approaching something like blasphemy? The Arabs were famous traders and still are. They trade the world's most precious commodity.

Comment

Originally posted by TOMASSO:
                            Isn't calling Saudi Arabia a state of America approaching something like blasphemy? The Arabs were famous traders and still are. They trade the world's most precious commodity.
                            Tom, just a simple observation. Actually the first time I saw the states, my next stop happened to be Saudi, and I travelled from Jedda to Makkah, and them Makkah to Madinah by road and I found the roads and cars pretty similar. Maybe its a good thing, but then again, who knows.

Btw, these ppl were not always prosperous merchants. Before the advent of Islam, most of Arabia was under a depression, probably because of the lack of rainfall, and still it had some qualities in its poeple, like heroism, hospitality and poetry.

When Europe was stuck in its dark ages, people from this region stood up and conqured the world with their hearts, through the power of their great religion Islam.

[This message has been edited by Spock (edited August 08, 2002).]

Comment

They didnt conquer the world just some ropey deserts :0) they tried to invade europe and lost .

I saw this program on tv a while ago about the ancient greek and roman stuff in afganistan .

miles better than anything we have in the uk and then islam comes along and they get stuck in the 7th century really sad .

anyway I dont like the saudi royal family so if they were deposed Id be happy

Comment

Working...
                              X