• Show
Clear All

Benazir win's party poll!!

Benazir win's party poll.
    http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_27503,0005.htm

Benazir emerges undisputed leader of PPP
    AFP
    Islamabad, July 28

Pakistan's two-time former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto emerged undisputed leader of her party on Sunday in time to contest national polls in October, setting the scene for a showdown with the military government of President Pervez Musharraf.

Bhutto was the only runner for chairperson of her 35-year-old Pakistan People's Party (PPP)
    {oops... } in its first-ever internal ballot held to comply with new electoral laws introduced by Musharraf.

"Mrs Bhutto was unchallenged at the time of closing nominations and as voting began at 9.00 am (local time) there were no objections," PPP spokesman Farhathulla Babar told said.

"Therefore she has won uncontested."

Babar said about 165,000 party members are casting votes in the country's 110 districts to elect office bearers. The results would be formally announced on Monday evening.

"Mrs Bhutto's election will be officially declared together with the other results on Monday evening."

Bhutto, the charismatic daughter of Pakistan's first elected Prime Minister Zulfikar Ali Bhutto, would return home from four years in self-imposed exile to lead the party's election campaign, Babar said.

Her bid to contest the country's first parliamentary elections since a military takeover almost three years ago is in blatant defiance of Musharraf's efforts to keep her out.

[This message has been edited by zaavia (edited July 28, 2002).]

BB has ruined her father's name.(ZAB)

If she wanna take part in coming elections, take a divorce with Zardari, the Playboy @ PM house!

Comment

Makhdoom Amin Fahim would be a good chairperson from PPP, I suppose!

Comment

Pakistani Tiger,

Don't you think this is her personal matter. Why you care what she does to her husband? I hope you are not the candidate for marrying her after she divorces him!!

FARID

Comment

PT, I agree with you that Makhdoom Amin Faheem was a better choice, as he has a clean past.

Comment

Originally posted by Farid:
            Pakistani Tiger,

Don't you think this is her personal matter. Why you care what she does to her husband? I hope you are not the candidate for marrying her after she divorces him!!

FARID

What Farid! Coming from your mouth! Zardari, the playboy has ruined her life.

I know that's her personal matter, but dude you need to understand this, her hubby was the one, involved in the assassination of her brother!

And why the hell I wanna marry BB? Probably, you gotta crush on her

Comment

Maybe Army will hang this Bhutto too? If they do, this time they will not be able to stop Sindh sepretist revolt.

Comment

Wow, so unexpected!

And This:

Benazir emerges undisputed leader of PPP...

And This:

Bhutto was the only runner for chairperson of her 35-year-old Pakistan People's Party
                AFP

Now, you know why democracy never got hold in Pak.

[This message has been edited by Shamraz Khan (edited July 28, 2002).]
                All people are equal, but some are more equal than others. We call these "corporations."

Comment

PT, if Zardari murdered her brother, I am sure Benazir would know about it. There are some that accuse her of murdering her own brother. I do not believe that. No sister could do that to a brother. She lost her father, and both of her brothers in tragedy...

You are however right she needs to get rid of Zardari, for the man is extremely corrupt. Farid, do you think Mr. Zardari is clean?

I for one do believe she is the best person to lead her party, the PPP, which is not much without her anywayz. PPP at the grass root level is a terrible party, and its activisits and jiyaalas are extremely unsuited to politics. However, her leadership and skills can compensate for that. She needs to revitalize the entire PPP and come up with a good manifesto before the elections.

Comment

Originally posted by Maula Baksh:
                    Maybe Army will hang this Bhutto too? If they do, this time they will not be able to stop Sindh sepretist revolt.
                    Sindh will be relieved to get rid of her permanently.

Comment

Originally posted by Spock:
                      PT, if Zardari murdered her brother, I am sure Benazir would know about it. There are some that accuse her of murdering her own brother. I do not believe that. No sister could do that to a brother. She lost her father, and both of her brothers in tragedy...

You got me wrong! I didn't say BB killed her brother. What I was trying to say when Zardari's horses died in Gawadar, investigation took place within a second. On the other hand, there wasn't any investigation regarding Murtaza Bhutoo's assassination. Wait, are we living in the same world?
                      PAKISTAN - ALL THE WAY

Comment

Isn't BB winning the party vote kind of moot. Seems to be a strong likelihood that Mush would make sure she either doesn't come into the country without first making a treaty with him or if she does, that she doesn't get to contest elections and if people still vote for her, she cannot be declared winner a 3rd time!

Given the choice then of a BB puppet and Mush puppet, who would win? I still think we should do a swap: Advani for Imran. You need a strong PM and we need a decent bowler (yes I think Imran at this age will bowl better than the bunch we got)and Advani at this age would make a better PM than the bunch you've got. (and Vajpayee will thank you for solving his biggest thorn)

[This message has been edited by ArjunMahavir (edited July 28, 2002).]

Comment

You can keep Advani in your mahan Hindustan, we dont need him here...

Comment

Yes please send Advani over... so we can try the B#@#!#!#@ for crimes against humanity!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pakistani Tiger:
                              PAKISTAN - ALL THE WAY
                              PT the PPP government was dismissed soon after Murtaza died, so how can there be an inquiry? There was an inquiry in Nawaz's time, but that was based on political rivalry, and was not an attempt to prove who was behind the killings...

Comment

Working...
                              X