Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistan Expected UNSC Member In 2003

LINK

UNITED NATIONS: Pakistan is contesting the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) elections and so far it faces no opposition from its geographical region.

Pakistan was UNSCís non-permanent member during the year 1994-95 during Ambassador Jamshed Markerís tenure. The atrocities of the Indian troops on innocent Kashmiris were on peak in those years.

Germany, Spain, Chile and Angola are the other four UN member States with no geographical region opposition in front and are expected to join the U.N. Security Council in January 2003. The 10 non-permanent UNSC members rotate for two-year terms, five of them each year. Ireland, Norway, Colombia, Singapore and Mauritius are ending their two years term on December 2002.

In view of the likelihood of Pakistanís election to the Security Council, the Kashmir problem would come into more focus at the international level. The Security Council itself had passed resolutions for holding of a plebiscite to determine the wishes of the people of Jammu and Kashmir.

These resolutions were never implemented because India persistently backed out from the UN bodyís resolutions. But in the current global scenario, Kashmir dispute has emerged as an international issue. The western countries and the USA are now seemed to be convinced that there cannot be peace in the South Asia without the solution of the Kashmir issue.

Along-with the five permanent members with veto power -- the United States, Russia, Britain, France and China, the remaining non-permanent members of the council would be in 2003 are Bulgaria, Cameroon, Guinea, Mexico and Syria.

Non-Permanent members are first selected by regional groups and then elected by the 189-member U.N. General Assembly, usually in October or November each year.
    PAKISTAN - ALL THE WAY

Being an ally against War on Terrorism, you may expect Pakistan to be a member of UNSC.

Just my personal view!

Comment

Originally posted by An American Angel:
      Being an ally against War on Terrorism, you may expect Pakistan to be a member of UNSC.

Just my personal view!
      American Angel, it would be unjust to say or assume that Pakistan will be getting this non-p U.N. security council seat, just because at the moment we are supporting the Americans. In my opinion, if we do get this seat, it would be only because of our own hard work and endless efforts, by our diplomats. Dont forget that we had the same position in our posession back in 1994-95.

Unity, Faith & Discipline....
      --Jinnah

Comment

Being an ally against War on Terrorism
        You said it correctly...

Comment

Originally posted by ZulfiOKC:
          American Angel, it would be unjust to say or assume that Pakistan will be getting this non-p U.N. security council seat, just because at the moment we are supporting the Americans. In my opinion, if we do get this seat, it would be only because of our own hard work and endless efforts, by our diplomats. Dont forget that we had the same position in our posession back in 1994-95.

Zulfi

You hit the nail right on the spot

Yankes ain't know much about Pakistan.

[This message has been edited by Pakistani Tiger (edited July 30, 2002).]

Comment

In my opinion, if we do get this seat, it would be only because of our own hard work and endless efforts, by our diplomats. Dont forget that we had the same position in our posession back in 1994-95.

Frankly, I haven't heard or known anything about PAKISTAN before 9-11. Therefore, I don't know regarding Pakistanis Diplomats endless efforts before or after 1994-95.

To be honest, your leader(Musharraf) presents a true picture of leadership just like JFK, a great American hero.

U.S appreciates your help and it would be great to see Pakistan a member of UNSC.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Frankly, I haven't heard or known anything about PAKISTAN before 9-11. Therefore, I don't know regarding Pakistanis Diplomats endless efforts before or after 1994-95.

To be honest, your leader(Musharraf) presents a true picture of leadership just like JFK, a great American hero.

U.S appreciates your help and it would be great to see Pakistan a member of UNSC.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

American Angel, I understand where you are coming from. But now you have a great oppertunity, to learn about another wonderful country on the face of this earth. Also, I admire JFK too, I have read his biography, and I also believe that he was one of the greatest leaders the world has ever seen.

[This message has been edited by ZulfiOKC (edited July 30, 2002).]
              Unity, Faith & Discipline....
              --Jinnah

Comment

Three of the worlds cleverest leaders, since the 60's, real geniuses:

JFK, Bill Clinton, Pierre Trudeau, and our very own ZAB!

Comment

Comment

To be honest, your leader(Musharraf) presents a true picture of leadership just like JFK, a great American hero

JFK had very close relationship to the mafia organizations all over US. Do you think that Mushy has same type of relations with Pakistani druglords ?
                    Do you admire all who works with the mafia or just JFK , your hero ??

Anyway Pakistan never benefitted anything during its last membership of UNSC, whats make you and all others so sure it will obtain anything this time.
                    During the last membership of UNSC Pakistan couldent even take the atrocities in Kashmir up for a vote, how are PK going to do it this time?
                    UNSC non-permanent members are a toothless instuments in the hands of the 5 permanent members and just used as an excuse to foolish the world about there "influence".
                    As long as there exist veto power in the hands of the 5 permanent members nothing will be obtained.

Comment

Originally posted by ZII:
                      JFK had very close relationship to the mafia organizations all over US. Do you think that Mushy has same type of relations with Pakistani druglords ?
                      Do you admire all who works with the mafia or just JFK , your hero ??
                      That's not true. The only fault of JFK was, he started Vietnam War. He tried to end the war but got caught in the middle of American CIA/FBI.

Not only me, millions of American admire JFK.

In regard to Musharraf links to Mafia, I simply don't know. What I actually meant JFK was caught in the middle of obstacles from the overseas and within U.S soil. Same is the case with Musharraf, which is why pointed him as a JFK.

Regarding Kashmir, I don't even have a clue about it like millions of American. But I hope, it would be solve by peaceful means.

Comment

Originally posted by RealDeal:
                        Three of the worlds cleverest leaders, since the 60's, real geniuses:

JFK, Bill Clinton, Pierre Trudeau, and our very own ZAB!

Malcom X, Martin Luter King Jr.

BTW, how Bill Clinton comes in 60's era?

[This message has been edited by Pakistani Tiger (edited July 31, 2002).]

Comment

American Angel, I understand where you are coming from. But now you have a great oppertunity, to learn about another wonderful country on the face of this earth. Also, I admire JFK too, I have read his biography, and I also believe that he was one of the greatest leaders the world has ever seen.

Invitation Accepted!

Comment

Also, I admire JFK too, I have read his biography, and I also believe that he was one of the greatest leaders the world has ever seen.

Movie JFK starring Kevin Coaster

You'll learn about his political life; and how he got caught in the middle of his own people.
                            TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT AT ME

[This message has been edited by Pakistani Tiger (edited July 31, 2002).]

Comment

What I actually meant JFK was caught in the middle of obstacles from the overseas and within U.S soil. Same is the case with Musharraf, which is why pointed him as a JFK.

BRAVO Triple A

Comment

Working...
                              X