Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC World to launch 'Question Time Pakistan'

Excellent news for all you BBC lovers in Pakistan

KARACHI: BBC World, the BBC's 24-hour international news and information channel, is to launch a new weekly programme, Question Time Pakistan, on August 2. For thirteen weeks, Question Time Pakistan, presented by Mahreen Khan, will provide a platform for a studio audience of over 100 people to quiz a panel of four people on the pressing issues of the day. Three of the panelists will, where possible, represent the main political groups whilst the fourth panelist will always be a non-party figure such as a political commentator, analyst or journalist, to give an independent perspective.

Questions will be put to the panelists by the studio audience through the presenter. Prominent Pakistani journalist and barrister, Mahreen Khan, will host the new 50-minute BBC World programme. Speaking about her new role she said, "I hope that Question Time Pakistan will provide an opportunity to the people of Pakistan to ask questions and express their views on the most burning issues of the week. It will also open a new window on Pakistan for international viewers."

The launch of Question Time Pakistan in Pakistan is in line with BBC World's desire to extend the focus of its South Asian programming to better reflect the whole region. A series of one-to-one interviews with leading figures in Pakistan, Hard-talk Pakistan, was already launched in May of this year. Commenting on BBC World's latest venture, Jane Gorard, Marketing Director, BBC World, said: "The launch of this new series reflects our desire to continue to increase the variety and breadth of our South Asian coverage.

There is a lot happening in the region at present and Question Time Pakistan will give the people of Pakistan the chance to express and discuss their views in a frank and open forum. In addition, we are a commercial channel and we wish to maximise upon the new opportunities for attracting advertising and sponsorship that are becoming available across the region." The programme is expected to generate considerable interest in Pakistan, as well as in the international community.

There's a report regaring BBC Urdu getting more attention.

I tried hard to find a link but couldn't succeed.

Spock if you gotta link of it, share it with us.

Comment

Originally posted by Pakistani Tiger:
      There's a report regaring BBC Urdu getting more attention.

I tried hard to find a link but couldn't succeed.

Spock if you gotta link of it, share it with us.
      PT, I will try to find it... BBC Urdu service is indeed a treat for Pakistani radio lovers... The reporters are PAkistanis and are awesome... People in far away 'pinds' even listen to this cheap yet easily available form of news... Thanks for bringing it up PT

Comment

Originally posted by Spock:
        PT, I will try to find it... BBC Urdu service is indeed a treat for Pakistani radio lovers... The reporters are PAkistanis and are awesome... People in far away 'pinds' even listen to this cheap yet easily available form of news

Well, you live in Pakistan. So, I believe you what you said

Thanks for bringing it up PT

No problem

Comment

Working...
        X