Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be Pakistan's next Prime Minister?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who will be Pakistan's next Prime Minister?

I have a feeling that the next Prime Minister could be Imran Khan. The changes that Musharraf has brought in the legislation, all point towards that. Like most of Imran Khan's party, has educated people, therefore they wont be affected much by that clause of the law. Similarly, Nawaz Sharif and Benazir Bhutto have been barred from contesting for the elections. Chaudhry, Shujaat and Co. can contest the poll, but I guess most of their party members would be disqualified because of the education clause.
    http://www.rediff.com/news/2002/jul/01pak2.htm

Abdul Sattar, the former Foreign Minister has joined, Pakistan Tehreek e Insaaf.

Abdul Sattar to rejoin Imran Khan's party, contest polls

Former Pakistan foreign minister Abdul Sattar will rejoin cricket legend Imran Khan's Tehrik-e-insaaf party and contest the national elections scheduled for October.
    Sattar told journalists in Islamabad that he had been a member of the Tehrik-e-insaaf before being appointed foreign minister by General Pervez Musharraf, and would now rejoin the party and start active campaigning from August.

How about a Khilafa for a change? I mean Khilafa Johnny Walker

Comment

No if its for Khalifa...we would have to ask his highness Rvikz for his kind favour to lead us...

[This message has been edited by zaavia (edited July 11, 2002).]

Comment

khalifa?

hai Allah - we have too many devils running around that would jump for the caliph position and thus ruin all of mankind within 24 hours.

sorry, but its a fact.

I think Imran Khan stands a better chance now -- plus, his party is gaining support.

Who else is going to stand up? Does anyone know if PP and ML have decided upon new leaders?
        I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

Originally posted by zaavia:
          Similarly, Nawaz Sharif and Benazir Bhutto have been barred from contesting for the elections.
          Are they barred from contesting for election or from being appointed Prime Minister only?
          "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

Originally posted by PyariCgudia:
            khalifa?

hai Allah - we have too many devils running around that would jump for the caliph position and thus ruin all of mankind within 24 hours.

sorry, but its a fact.

I think Imran Khan stands a better chance now -- plus, his party is gaining support.

Who else is going to stand up? Does anyone know if PP and ML have decided upon new leaders?
            PG,

I will be a different kinda Khilafa I promise. You will have all the freedom in the world just give me your ph number and khilafa Johnny Walker will explain in detail

Comment

I read a statement by some spokesperson of PTI saying that PPP enjoys 20% support in Pak, PML (N) enjoys 19% support, and PTI has 10% support. He was saying that this was quite an accomplishment for the PTI and was a sign that PTI is slowly but steadily gaining support.

I don't know whether Imran Khan will come to power in these elections, but I do expect him to be in power within the next ten years inshAllah.

70% population of Pak resides in villages and it is still gonna vote for the chaudhries and waderas, the graduation condition may have blocked some of these feudals but they are gonna use their influence and wealth to get their degree-wielding cronies in to power.

"When one bright intellect meets another bright intellect, the light increases and the Way becomes clear." - Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by Abdali:
                PG,

I will be a different kinda Khilafa I promise. You will have all the freedom in the world just give me your ph number and khilafa Johnny Walker will explain in detail
                JW all the way!

Comment

3 or 4 months ago i wrote a thread about Imran Khan, mentioning his desire for Power and his Rude and Supreme Arrogant attitude toward public.In return most of my fellow guppies shrugged off my opinion about his greed to be prime minister.plus they thought he need long time may be 10-15 yrs to held a seat.Not that i wanna show my futuristic vision but believe me his PTI will be no different then PPP or PML if he happen to be the one on PM seat.

God Bless Pakistan.

Comment

Musharraf, imran khan, bhutto who cares the face changes but the system remains.

You really think a change of face makes any difference makes no difference!

The only time things change is when the corrupted system is replaced!

Comment

zaavia,

A real 'Hijrha'(eunuch) would be an ideal person for this highest post. In past real men performed like 'Hijrhas'. It is better to be realistic and given a chance to real honest "Hijrha".

"You can not fool all people for all the times".

Sincerely,
                      FARID

Comment

If we can give two chances to the PPP and the PML, we can give a chance to the PTI too. It has some really young enthusiastic contestents, and I hope Imran Khan contests from the Islamabad seat again this time in addition to Lahore.

Comment

IMRAN KHAN

Comment

Secondly they have educated people...where as PML and PPP used to have "Angootha Chaps".

Comment

Do remember Imran contested last time from Isloo, and did very badly. The National Assembly Seat is actually not decided by most of the people living there, most are registered to vote elsewhere, when it comes to an election the votbelongs to the rural areas.
                              How can a man die better than facing fearful odds for the ashes of his fathers and the Temple of his Gods?

Comment

Working...
                              X