Like Father like son? Asif Zardari

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like Father like son? Asif Zardari

What with his Fathers conviction, we have to ask who was corrupt first lol..the articles pretty long so those interested better click on it.
    http://www.satribune.com/zardaricasehistory.htm

The Facts

The second case history involves Asif Ali Zardari, the husband of Benazir Bhutto, former Prime Minister of Pakistan. Ms. Bhutto was elected Prime Minister in 1988, dismissed by the President of Pakistan in August 1990 for alleged corruption and inability to maintain law and order, elected Prime Minister again in October 1993, and dismissed by the President again in November 1996. At various times, Mr. Zardari served as Senator, Environment Minister and Minister for Investment in the Bhutto government. Inbetween the two Bhutto administrations, he was incarcerated in 1990 and 1991 on charges of corruption; the charges were eventually dropped. During Ms. Bhutto's second term there were increasing allegations of corruption in her government, and a major target of those allegations was Mr. Zardari. It has been reported that the government of Pakistan claims that Ms. Bhutto and Mr. Zardari stole over $1 billion from the country.

During the period 1994 to1997, Citibank opened and maintained three private bank accounts in Switzerland and a consumer account in Dubai for three corporations under Mr. Zardari's control. There are allegations that some of these accounts were used to disguise $10 million in kickbacks for a gold importing contract to Pakistan.

Structure of Private Bank Relationship. Mr. Zardari's relationship with Citibank began in October 1994, through the services of Kamran Amouzegar, a private banker at Citibank private bank in Switzerland, and Jens Schlegelmilch, a Swiss lawyer who was the Bhutto family's attorney in Europe and close personal friend for more than 20 years. According to Citibank, Mr. Schlegelmilch represented to Mr. Amouzegar that he was working for the Dubai royal family and he wanted to open some accounts at the Citibank branch office in Dubai. Mr. Schlegelmilch had a Dubai residency permit and a visa signed by a member of the Dubai royal family. Mr. Amouzegar agreed to introduce Mr. Schlegelmilch to a banker in the Citibank branch office in Dubai.

According to Citicorp, Mr. Schlegelmilch told the Citibank Dubai banker that he wanted to open an account in the name of M.S. Capricorn Trading, a British Virgin Island PIC. The stated purpose of the account was to receive money and transfer it to Switzerland. The account was opened in early October 1994.

According to Citibank, Mr. Schlegelmilch informed the Dubai banker that he would serve as the representative of the account and the signatory on the account. Under Dubai law, a bank is not required to know an account's beneficial owner, only the signatory. Citibank told the Subcommittee staff that Mr. Schlegelmilch did not reveal to the Dubai banker that Mr. Zardari was the beneficial owner of the PIC, and the account manager never asked him the identity of the beneficial owner of the account. Instead, according to Citibank, she assumed the beneficial owner of the account was the member of the royal family who had signed Mr. Schlegelmilch 's visa. According to Citibank, the account manager actually performed some due diligence on the royal family member whom she believed to be the beneficial owner of the account.

How can a man die better than facing fearful odds for the ashes of his fathers and the Temple of his Gods?

Mr. 10% at his best - looting away Pakistan while his wife is in power and no one could question him. Expect more of the same from them, if they get back into abusing and miusing the funds. And expect their gvot. to be toppled again, and them to go back to their luxurious safe houses in UK.
    I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Comment

Ms. Bhutto and Mr. Zardari stole over $1 billion from the country.

I don't think so, more than billion is reported in swiss accounts alone..... than there are other accounts and villas and palaces..... greed has no limitations I bet this time Budnazara and 10% is eyeing the forex.

Comment

Originally posted by Abdali:
        Ms. Bhutto and Mr. Zardari stole over $1 billion from the country.
        Abdali, its far more than $1 billion, you wont believe how much money they got from USA.

Comment

Originally posted by usman_khalil:
          Abdali, its far more than $1 billion, you wont believe how much money they got from USA.
          Not only the blood suckers loot the civilian sector but military deals are not imune.. Here is an excerpt I can find tons of material but whats the point...
          http://www.subcontinent.com/sapra/bu.../si961007.html

The military's resentment of Zardari stemmed from his reputation as "Mr. 10 per cent". The Prime Minister's husband even before his cabinet appointment tried to cream off between 10 to 30 per cent in the three major defence deals attempted after Benazir assumed power. The deals included purchase agreements for Mirage 2000-5 combat aircraft (US $ 2.7 billion, French Agosta submarines (US $ 1.2 billion) and Ukranian T-80U main battle tanks (US $ 600 million). A total of three Agosta submarines with advanced air propulsion systems were contracted for by the Benazir government. In this deal Zardari was the main negotiator and is believed to have skimmed off millions. Similarly, in the Ukranian T-80U deal, which involved the sale of 300 tanks, the Army found itself playing second fiddle to Zardari who finalised everything.

A govt that cant even collect utility bills must not be running the show. The sad part is these same theives and blood suckers fall back on the military to save their uglu a$$
          http://www.transparency.org/newslett....html#Pakistan

Pakistan: Army asked to rescue corrupt utility
          Pakistan's government is asking the army to take control of the country's loss-making power utility in an attempt to rescue an IMF loan. Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has asked General Parvez Musharraf, army chief of staff, to take over temporary management of the Water and Power development Authority. Its chief role would be to enforce payment of arrears, root out corruption and improve efficiency. Last year the government of the Punjab province called in the army to collect information on "ghost schools" - schools where buildings existed but teachers were absent.

Comment

SHEESH! When the military take a cut of teh defence deals, you try to blame the politicians! You only believe articles you like.

It seems you have not realized militry has always controlled Pak, directly and indirectly througout its whole history.

Comment

my my my my my all is wide open in the article...600 thousand strong military with $600M from a flakey Najams is far far more corruption compared to multibillion of Budnazar alone.

hare Om welcome to paki politics.

If you want 500 more URLs on Budnazar and 10 percents kartoots let me know I will call a day off and get em for you.

P.S: And they won't be from any Najams and Ameers either but none Paki sources.

Comment

I have never read articels like the one you keep posting about BB,saying Sharif is corrupt with $1bil in a Swiss account. Does that mean NS is not corrupt?

Comment

No no no no Ganja, Budnazar, 10 percent are not corrupt at all. You see the army does it all. Last I heard the army bribed a Swiss judge to indict Budnazar for money laundering. They forces 10 percent to skim millions of $s off major defense deals too. Then they made ppl not to pay utility bills so ganja can come begging to the khakis. And it goes on and on and on and on and on..................

Damn army very very corrupt....

Comment

You can use sarcasm all you want, but that doesn't change the reality on the ground.

A reality you are trying you hardest to ignore.

Comment

I know what the reality is when one leader alone robs billions one can imagine what the cronies must be doing. add all that up and you have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Abdali:
                        I know what the reality is when one leader alone robs billions one can imagine what the cronies must be doing. add all that up and you have it.
                        No one denies corruption by leaders in Pak, leaders like BB, NS,but peopel also know about the corruption by those who have ruled Pak for over half its history, those in uniform, those who use the guns the people of Pak provide to them to rule over the people of Pak.

[This message has been edited by RealDeal (edited July 21, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by RealDeal:
                          No one denies corruption by leaders in Pak, leaders like BB, NS,but peopel also know about the corruption by those who have ruled Pak for over half its history, those in uniform, those who use the guns the people of Pak provide to them to rule over the people of Pak.

[This message has been edited by RealDeal (edited July 21, 2002).]

The irony is khakis might have looted for half of the time but then politicians have looted all of the time even in defence deals. Never have I ever ehard that a single khaki looted worth billions that honor goes to politicians alone and their cronies. anja the loha chors net worth in Pak alone was $300M up from few million dollars in the shortest time.

Comment

RD, u r lump summing the entire Army in that corrpution allegation that you keep ranting in most of ur posts. Please provide facts/articles/sources from un-biased persons, preferrably non-Paki. And maybe you know more of this corruption than average joe in Pakistan. Share yoour knowledge please

------------------
                            "#define QUESTION ((bb) | | !(bb))" Shakespeare
                            I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Abi:
                              RD, u r lump summing the entire Army in that corrpution allegation that you keep ranting in most of ur posts. Please provide facts/articles/sources from un-biased persons, preferrably non-Paki. And maybe you know more of this corruption than average joe in Pakistan. Share yoour knowledge please

Read my post in teh other thread. And I never said whole Army, i said generally, there are good people in every organization. Even notorious police have good honest people who sacrifice their life for peopel of Pak.

Comment

Working...
                              X