Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Law and Society

Originally posted by PyariCgudia:
    by an Islamic society, I hope you mean where everyone is a muslim because they want to be, rather than a law system forced on them which they accept on the streets, but not behind closed doors.
    Just a question, can a society be formed with out any governing laws?

Or can laws maintain or preserve the status of a society?

For the last 54 years there have been Rule (and its) law in Pakistan, so what kind of society it created?

The reason I am putting this in Pakistan forum is to discuss the perspective of Islamic law and Muslim society, especially in the Islamic Republic. There is a divide forming up in the Pakistani people, which can lead the nations either into a Turkish style secular government or the Egyptian style democracy. Which can ultimately lead us to a situation like Algeria. So, please be patient, and tell us where to go.
    بِن دانا پانی میں جی لواں
    بِن انَک میں جی نہ سکاں

Islam teaches tolerance and gives respect to the people of other religion.

Unfortunately, in Pakistan, there has never been a pure Islamic Law. Thanks to our extremists blowing up Muslims in the air and calling themselves religious

ALLAH PROTECT PAKISTAN FROM HATE MONGERS. AMEEN

Comment

Originally posted by Pakistani Tiger:

Unfortunately, in Pakistan, there has never been a pure Islamic Law. Thanks to our extremists blowing up Muslims in the air and calling themselves religious
      what...?PT

anyway, I was wondering for some answers so we can have a base for the things to come.

بِن انَک میں جی نہ سکاں

Comment

Originally posted by MiniMe:
        what...?PT

anyway, I was wondering for some answers so we can have a base for the things to come.

Didn't I give you my answer?

[This message has been edited by Pakistani Tiger (edited July 18, 2002).]

Comment

Excellent topic Minime but before i go on i would like to say few words related to the topic.What is scoiety?Laws make society or social circle or is it society that follows directions from religion and created Laws?In either way we have been using Islam as escape goat.when ever we want, we declared "Oh its islamic way" so we have to do this & when ever we want we put Islam aside and use Old broken British laws (which were created only for us).Our so called Founding father's were lacking true social concept among themsleves.Agha Khan III started Muslim League for Pakistan but where are they now?Lives in France and England.having elite dinner parties and Yacth club meetings.Jinnah was Aristcrat so Iqbal but a man who gave up his everything to create one society and United Pakistan was Shot(Respected Liaquat Ali Khan).Since then we are having game in between Feudalist,Aristocrat,Religious fundmentalist & Arms Forces.Guess what? who they are Playing their game with US(public).worn torn people,victim of British brutality,looking for a break,little air to breath and place to survive but what they got in return?LAWS? that are forced on society.but there is not society when 80% percent people are working for 2 times meal so they can see next day sun.Greed that penetrated from Higher level to ground faster then anything.everyone is looking for extra dime.Where is religion and where are laws and what society? any society is like fabric,not all of the same threads but they all have to be weave to same direction.other hand we have people as religious leaders and their main interest is to have power in Govt. instead of explaining & practice religion to people in its best form.Now we are living in a culture where big beard is symbol of good Muslim.God gave us the best book"Quran" to understand and use its parameter in our daily lives.but instead of understanding and then follow we looked up at Mosque Mullah's and self proclaimed Pir's.they use Verses from "Quran" more often so they beome repectable for us?We need people with education,people they live in this world & teaching and explaining Islam,not some one who lives in Mountains or some hut and announcing decree for muslims,what to do and how to do.Our religion is The Best religion,its simply a combination of all the good things in other religions.don't get me wrong i respect every religion with the book from GOD.Any Good Society where people respect others,tolerate and help others and abiding Law, is not necessarily a Muslim society.then how they are doing it and we Can't? because we, Majority of us are tow faces.from top to bottom.All religion parties were at same plat form when Jackson or Maddona wanted to have concert in Pakistan,because they think it will threaten our culture and society but they are hiding behind curtains when all over country Red area turn day at night.Where were they When parliament members brought their mistresses to the building where Laws are made to serve the society.If all or even some of us start doing what we think ethically is right believe me we will not have contradiction of whether its religious or not.as God said"i will ask Question and be the judge of everything except what you did with others,(Huqooq-ul-Ibaad) this you have to deal with it".

God Bless Pakistan

Comment

Minime

A scoiety can not progress without laws.

If there are no laws you have anarchy.

Human societies differ from each other on the basis of their different thoughts, emotions, and systems.

This definition is contrary to the Western definition that a society is simply a group of individuals on a piece of land. This definition neglects the permanent relations and system that have to exist to
            make a society. For, according to the Western definition, a group of individuals who are travelling together or a group of people waiting for a bus would form a society. In reality, they are simply a
            bunch of individuals who gather for a certain reason. When the reason for their gathering no longer exists, the relationship is over. They do not, therefore, form a society.

To have a permanent relationship there must be a unity of thoughts and emotions, and a system to organise and protect them. Therefore, if one of the four elements(people, thoughts, sentiments, and system) does not exist, there will be no permanent relationship.Thus, there will be no society.

If you apply this to pakistan are the people bonded on thought yes on islam they are bonded but the government thoughts are not in line with the peoples thoughts therfore you get conflict on many issues.

Comment

PT with all due respect, please try to read the Creation of Pakistan 101, its very good for you age group, no ridicule intended....J Although I admire your blind love for Pakistan, and I wish I can achieve the same for the deen.

Saif, I agree with your point that the people in Pakistan are bonded on the basis of Islamic thought but, the laws the of the land and the government is no that supportive of this idea. May be that is one reason we never went beyond the thought and emotions, may be being powerless for a long time creates this emotion.

My point and argument is that since the laws (islamic) are not given its due place in the society, so thus the society would not reflect those morals and qualities, which the law represents. So there can't be an Islamic society if there are no Islamic laws. And the current laws only tend to hold the morality of head of state superior to any thing else.

And Jahanzaib, would you like to elaborate your point.

بِن انَک میں جی نہ سکاں

Comment

Working...
              X