PML-N decides to elect Kulsoom as president

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a f....... joke, like I said before democracy in Pak means BB or NS.....PEROID, and its not negotiable..... The ganja SOB goes and his wife runs the show, the fat cow goes and his/her son will loot oops I mean run the show and so and so. Democracy is the khandani jaggir of BB and NS....

wah! wah! aasman say gira kahjoor per atka.
    http://www.jang.com.pk/thenews/index.html

By Mayed Ali

LAHORE: Pakistan Muslim League (PML-N) has decided to elect Begum Kulsoom Nawaz as the party president, The News learnt. The final decision will be made public once the party decides to contest the elections under the present circumstances. In any case, the party will go through reorganisation in the light of the recent Political Parties Order. The party hierarchy has considered this decision in consultation with the present party president, Mian Nawaz Sharif. Mian Nawaz Sharif, however, will take a few days to give his decision on the issue.

The majority of the top leadership has already agreed to get on with the electoral business despite "negotiating" the PCOs and ordinances. Since the party chief is in constant touch with the leadership, he has sought thorough pondering over the issue. The decision of Begum Kulsoom Nawaz's run for the presidentship will be announced in a couple of days.

It is learnt that broad-based meetings were held to this effect in the last couple of weeks. It is believed that entire Sharif family has given consent for this change at the top. Begum Kulsoom Nawaz's name was put forth in view of the strict government conditions vis-a-vis the conduct of political parties and eligibility of candidates, aspiring for the top government slots. Since the party believes the stepping down of Mian Nawaz Sharif from the top party office might ease down the government's anger against the PML-N, there might arise a possibility of Begum Kulsoom Nawaz's return to Pakistan for she fulfilled the set legal requirements for taking part in politics. However, she is bound not to return to Pakistan under the government's claimed agreement. The party leadership hopes the government might allow her to return and lead the party.

The PML-N is considering the change with a strong belief that Mian Nawaz's decision to step down would open up more opportunities for the party. And as the party will adapt itself to the fresh legal requirements, which makes Mian Nawaz's exit necessary, it will be given a fair chance in the polls. Moreover, the side-effects of these initiatives might pay dividends in the shape of slight flexibility in the government quarters.

Begum Kulsoom's election to the top office is also anticipated to create conducive environment for Mian Shahbaz Sharif's return to Pakistan. Mian Shahbaz has a relatively high acceptance among the government quarters, and does not have any legal impediment in pursuing the political career in Pakistan. The only hitch in his return is the agreement between the Sharif family and the government, but that be relaxed if the government desired so.

The PML-N has also called party elections at all tiers -- district, province and the centre. The elections will be held at district level from July 18-20, while the results will be announced on July 21. The party plans to complete the election process well before the July 5 deadline. It is important to note the party has directed the officeholders and leaders at all levels that only those aspirants should contest the elections who fulfill requirement of the recent legislations. It is learnt the party plans to comply with all the PCOs and other related legislation strictly so that it could contest the elections with full vigour.

At the same time, the party has also constituted a committee under the chairmanship of Sardar Jaffar Iqbal to amend the party constitution, bringing it in conformity with the Political Parties Act.

not supporting Sharif, but you can say the same thing for other countries. Bush Jr wouldn't be pres without his father.

Political dynasties are everywhere.

This Kulsoom move is to beat the Army silly rules.

Time for Army to finally stop interfering with the poitical maturity of the Pak pol system. Sooner it stops, sooner we can head down teh road where, sooner or later we will see a real prosperous democrtaic system take place in Pak.

Otherwise we are doomed to soldiers running the country.

[This message has been edited by RealDeal (edited July 15, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by RealDeal:
      not supporting Sharif, but you can say the same thing for other countries. Bush Jr wouldn't be pres without his father.

Political dynasties are everywhere.

This Kulsoom move is to beat the Army silly rules.

Time for Army to finally stop interfering with the poitical maturity of the Pak pol system.

Bush did not become president because of his father. He was a governor of Texas and won the elections. Don't compare it with America its simply do not cut.

And yes last I checked army also stashed away billion dollars in BBs swiss account so that they can nail her latter.

Comment

Originally posted by Abdali:

And yes last I checked army also stashed away billion dollars in BBs swiss account so that they can nail her latter.
        Not talklin about corruption, that's a given. But you really telling me generals aren't filling their bank accounts?

There is a reason Corps Commanders are called 'Crore Commanders'.

Comment

Not talklin about corruption, that's a given. But you really telling me generals aren't filling their bank accounts?

There is a reason Corps Commanders are called 'Crore Commanders'.
          Yeah I am sure every crore commander has a villa in Normandy and Surrey worth few million US dollars and a nice juicy account in swiss banks.

Comment

Yeah I am sure every crore commander has a villa in Normandy and Surrey worth few million US dollars and a nice juicy account in swiss banks.
            You may not realize it, but you made a very accurate statement.

Just look at the lifestyle of retired senior officers, manisons, Land Cruisers, those that go abroad spend US Millions, like Admiral Mirza.

No use pretending it doesn't happen.

Comment

You may not realize it, but you made a very accurate statement.

Just look at the lifestyle of retired senior officers, manisons, Land Cruisers, those that go abroad spend US Millions, like Admiral Mirza.

No use pretending it doesn't happen.

And I am also sure you will dig out links from BBC, CNN, WP etc.... in a jiffy.... right......

P.S: Even spock has a crore rupee plot perhaps he can explain how he got it

[This message has been edited by Abdali (edited July 15, 2002).]

Comment

And I am also sure you will dig out links from BBC, CNN, WP etc.... in a jiffy.... right......
                Links? if you want to play that game, tell me why after all the so-called 'proof' Zardari hasn't been convicted despite being in jail over 6 years? Does that mean he's not corrupt? Of course not!

There were no articles about Zia, Sharif etc. Swiss bank accounts. Does that mean they don't have millions/billions?..Of course not! Evrybody in Pak knows Zia's son is one of teh richest men in Pak, Do we see any articles in CNN about that?..of course not!

Comment

Links? if you want to play that game, tell me why after all the so-called 'proof' Zardari hasn't been convicted despite being in jail over 6 years? Does that mean he's not corrupt? Of course not!

There were no articles about Zia, Sharif etc. Swiss bank accounts. Does that mean they don't have millions/billions?..Of course not! Evrybody in Pak knows Zia's son is one of teh richest men in Pak, Do we see any articles in CNN about that?..of course not!

SO just because you say all khakis are thieves, and because western media is reporting its all BS. What western media is reporting is the tip of the iceberge... BB/NS and their clan have sucked dry the economy to a default.

Do you know what happened to billions FCA frozen by ganja... Do you know why BB and ganjas govt was dismissed by the president twice? You blame every ill on the army for vested reasons but fail to see the big thives and their big loot.

Today if we remove the army these two big crooks will divide the country again like ZAB did. SO yes I support the army anytime as long as we have these two thieves and their clan eyeing the forex.

Comment

P.S: Even spock has a crore rupee plot perhaps he can explain how he got it

Khalifah Jonny Walker ki maherbaaniyaan

Comment

Originally posted by Spock:
                      Khalifah Jonny Walker ki maherbaaniyaan
                      Such is the irony of Khilafa Johnny Walkers Khalafat that all his ameers are crore patis and he is hourly paid.

Comment

RealDeal dont even compare Bush with Kulsom Nawaz. Can you tell us what political backgroud she has ? what contribution she has for democracy and Pakistan ? other than she came into polictics to save Nawaz Shareef and left the politics once she achieved her goal.

It happens only in India and Pakistan that you can be a prime minister if you are a one lucky generation of some prime minister.

Comment

I never liked Nawaz but ML has all the right to elect anybody as their President.. she has a Phd in political Science and has all the right to run for any position in Pakistan.. by saying some woman cow is shameful thing and disgraceful thing..

Some people can close their eyes but all know how most of generals made billions with not only arms deals but also through drugs.. and if some one doesnt believe it with USA pressure Gen Fazal Ul Haq was named by CIA during Zia's period... I pray for the day when we have the courage to apprehend those generals..the only reason these army sacrad cows are not caught is the unfortunate fact that army has circumvent constitution and has acted Godly in Pakistan's affairs..
                          Saints are fine for Heaven, but they are hell on earth.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Degas:
                            . she has a Phd in political Science and has all the right to run for any position in Pakistan....[/quote[

Did you actually mean fake Phd degree?

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Pakistani Tiger:
                              Originally posted by Degas:
                              . she has a Phd in political Science and has all the right to run for any position in Pakistan....[/quote[

Did you actually mean fake Phd degree?

I heard its real one..though looking at Nawaz it seems strange that his wife is Phd..

Saints are fine for Heaven, but they are hell on earth.

Comment

Working...
                              X